• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"MCSG isn't what it used to be..."

Plg21

District 13
Reaction score
My problem is how competitive everyone is. I don't have anything wrong with good players, that's part of the game, but everyone is TOO GOOD. If me and my friend want to paint the corn with flowers and invite people to tea, it sucks if a guy comes and goes all out on us then is like "1000th win gg get rekt stemrooolll destroyed gg"

Reaction score
My problem is how competitive everyone is. I don't have anything wrong with good players, that's part of the game, but everyone is TOO GOOD. If me and my friend want to paint the corn with flowers and invite people to tea, it sucks if a guy comes and goes all out on us then is like "1000th win gg get rekt stemrooolll destroyed gg"
^ this.
I hate it when you're just goofing around, and someone comes to ruin it.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
^ this.
I hate it when you're just goofing around, and someone comes to ruin it.
Hate to say this.. But I've become that person..

Curse you MCSG! *points fist toward the sky dramatically*

Reaction score
Hate to say this.. But I've become that person..

Curse you MCSG! *points fist toward the sky dramatically*
You've become the person who goofs around or you've become the person who tryhards the people having fun?

Sage9597

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey guys. c:
Today, I'm making a thread about all the complaints I've been recently seeing about "Mcsg isn't what it used to be!" or "Mcsg sucks now!" or anything along those lines. I feel like this issue totally needs to be addressed by somebody who's been in the community for a long time, and has experience in both the community and staff side, and I haven't seen a thread made about it at all.

Anywhooo, I've seen these comments everywhere and they've been in a lot of resignation notes and leaving threads lately. I kinda just wanna bring up my personal view and my points on the subject, as it kinda seems like the elephant in the room.

Mcsg has changed, drastically at that, within the 15 months that I've been in this community. First of all, the player base has changed. Old players begin to quit, and slowly get weeded out for the new players. Over time, older players get forgotten as the needs, demands, and wants of the newer player get tended to. But, we all have to remember, the devs and admins are doing what the majority of the community wants done.

We have to think of this from their point of view, they run and extremely successful community which takes a ton to keep up. Change is what keeps people coming. If the servers all stayed the same as they were in V1, and the devs never did anything, or listened to any suggestions do you really see the player base being to the height that it is today? Sure, it would keep some older players still playing and still coming, just for the nostalgia, but besides that I think MCSG would have flopped long ago.

SG Classic was brought in for a reason. To try and make people happy, to bring people back to the nostalgic place that they cherished so many months ago. Sure, it's not the same. Nothing around here will ever be the same as it once was. But complaints aren't going to help anyone. I think we should all appreciate the work that the devs, admins, and staff in general put into this server to make sure it stays running for all of us. I know that's easy to forget, and we can all be mad at the things that we want done, but I just don't see the point. Let's all be grateful c:

With that being said, I totally see it from the community side. I see what people mean, the servers are full of hackers, rule breakers, teams, ect. But theres honestly nothing "MCSG" itself can do to fix that completely. Although as an ex-mod, I can tell you, we really really do try.

In conclusion, I think we should really all try to just make these servers as enjoyable for ourselves and others. If you don't like where MCSG has gone, or is going, QUIT. Leave, forget you were ever here, and don't come back. No use forcing yourself to play something you don't enjoy or like anymore. The complaints should really stop. If you're going to complain, bring up valid points that the devs can actually use to fix the servers, and get what you want done.

Let's make these v2 moments something to remember in v3. c:

/endrant

TL;DR: Read it. I brought up plenty of good points within this thread. Might even be worth it, who knows.

Also, don't rage at me because these are all my view on things. Just thought it needed to be adressed. Pointless? Maybe. But I love writing.

-Kristie
I said the community changed, not MCSG! DON'T MISQUOTE ME <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci