• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Committee

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
This is a great idea, I hope the map quality improves! I'd just like to mention that the community likes PvP oriented maps a lot, not huge ones, so I hope you view maps in the perspective of an ordinary player, not someone who's an expert builder and a big-long map fan xP

Alpha

Platinum
Reaction score
This is a great idea, I hope the map quality improves! I'd just like to mention that the community likes PvP oriented maps a lot, not huge ones, so I hope you view maps in the perspective of an ordinary player, not someone who's an expert builder and a big-long map fan xP
It would be pretty interesting if they added in well-known PvPers to survey the maps for PvP quality; in inclusion with build team leaders. Well-rounded maps are fun maps.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
It would be pretty interesting if they added in well-known PvPers to survey the maps for PvP quality; in inclusion with build team leaders. Well-rounded maps are fun maps.
Yes. This.
Because you don't get an aerial view when you're in the middle of a game.

Levah

District 13
Reaction score
Finally more people to take care of the maps! :)

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Ahh no. We are trying to bring maps that re-establish the survival aspect of the game as well as keep a decent PvP aspect but have a more challenging twist to it: strategy. Yes there are strategies used in MCSG's PvP now, but not the kind that it was meant to have. As I said we are trying to re-establish the survival games created through maps like SG1, SG2, SG3, ect. that has been absent from these servers for too long, if we were to add the best PvP'ers in MCSG at the present time, that wouldn't happen. The quality of the builds, terraforming, ect. will help to optimize and create a better MCSG, and thats why we are here.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ahh no. We are trying to bring maps that re-establish the survival aspect of the game as well as keep a decent PvP aspect but have a more challenging twist to it: strategy. Yes there are strategies used in MCSG's PvP now, but not the kind that it was meant to have. As I said we are trying to re-establish the survival games created through maps like SG1, SG2, SG3, ect. that has been absent from these servers for too long, if we were to add the best PvP'ers in MCSG at the present time, that wouldn't happen. The quality of the builds, terraforming, ect. will help to optimize and create a better MCSG, and thats why we are here.
You're missing the point that the community doesn't want more survival orientated maps; they want maps with quick and intense games. I think this committee needs to put the community before their own opinions, and that means having gameplay as the highest priority or at least equal ground with terraforming and build quality.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
You're missing the point that the community doesn't want more survival orientated maps; they want maps with quick and intense games. I think this committee needs to put the community before their own opinions, and that means having gameplay as the highest priority or at least equal ground with terraforming and build quality.
Don't worry we are going to take into consideration, all aspects that make up the survival games and we will be looking for the maps which will benefit the MCSG community the most. We will discuss introducing big community pvp members at the next meeting, but as of now we are just including the members that we stated in the first post.

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score
Stop Complaining... xD a mean I didn't get in and im not making a big who har out of it, just keep to your Own maps and if your map gets to be liked then maybe it will get accepted, be patient and don't argue with other people. They are the map committee and choose the maps, and you won't be able to change that. my maps haven't been accepted in a Year so xD

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
What's the best way to notify the map committee about a map if when I post it's called 'nagging'? I didn't think asking about something would hurt. If anything, I thought that the more support a map got, the more of a chance it would have to be added...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci