• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Committee

aussieentice

Career
Reaction score
Couldn't you just throw in a few experienced MCSG players to look over the PvP and general gameplay of the maps, and the other current map builders/team members can look at all the other aspects of the maps?

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
TSG2 has both flatlands that are barren and high mountains for those who salivate over well-done terraforming. i think SG4 is extremely well-liked because it isn't overly-done or complicated, and chest routes are easy to find.
Ahh you see, its not suppose to be easy to find chests.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We know. He never said that maps that have both looks and gameplay wouldn't be chosen. He just said there wouldn't be any ones that are just flatlands and trees (Moonlight Lake for example)
Moonlight Lake is a very unique map that is extremely gameplay orientated. At time of release and a few months after, it maintained decent popularity within the community.

When deciding what maps to accept, the committee needs to think about what an ordinary player wants; not just what builders want. Be sure to include gameplay as one of your highest priorities, even if it means losing some build quality/terraforming.

And I'm still afraid that this'll just turn into accepting every single map from Team Elite, Red Forest, and Team Apollo. But I guess I just have to trust members in this committee to accept maps without bias.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Moonlight Lake is a very unique map that is extremely gameplay orientated. At time of release and a few months after, it maintained decent popularity within the community.

When deciding what maps to accept, the committee needs to think about what an ordinary player wants; not just what builders want. Be sure to include gameplay as one of your highest priorities, even if it means losing some build quality/terraforming.

And I'm still afraid that this'll just turn into accepting every single map from Team Elite, Red Forest, and Team Apollo. But I guess I just have to trust members in this committee to accept maps without bias.
The reason I was using Moonlight Lake as an example, is because it honestly looks really poorly done. MCSG is trying to raise build quality right now. There have countless threads about "Quality over quantity". That's why I used it as an example. Also, about it being popular for a bit- It's literally a superflat world...That's ideal for pvp so it's no wonder people liked it for a bit. If a 200 radius superflat world was added, it would most likely be popular because MCSG is now more pvp oriented as CaptButterToast said.
To address the second part to your response, we ARE picking maps for the community and not for ourselves. The whole reason the committee was made was to make the important decisions for the community.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Boom.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The reason I was using Moonlight Lake as an example, is because it honestly looks really poorly done. MCSG is trying to raise build quality right now. There have countless threads about "Quality over quantity". That's why I used it as an example. Also, about it being popular for a bit- It's literally a superflat world...That's ideal for pvp so it's no wonder people liked it for a bit. If a 200 radius superflat world was added, it would most likely be popular because MCSG is now more pvp oriented as CaptButterToast said.
To address the second part to your response, we ARE picking maps for the community and not for ourselves. The whole reason the committee was made was to make the important decisions for the community.
I honestly doubt the superflat map will be popular. From what I've observed, the community likes maps with terraforming and builds that aren't intrusive to the gameplay. Take Survival Kingdom for example: That map isn't popular because the amount of builds makes it difficult to PvP. Teweran SG2 is popular, even though it has terraforming and quality builds, because a player can ignore the terraforming and the builds if they desire.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
I honestly doubt the superflat map will be popular. From what I've observed, the community likes maps with terraforming and builds that aren't intrusive to the gameplay. Take Survival Kingdom for example: That map isn't popular because the amount of builds makes it difficult to PvP. Teweran SG2 is popular, even though it has terraforming and quality builds, because a player can ignore the terraforming and the builds if they desire.
I was just using that type of map as an example... But maps that are very flat almost always make for good pvp. As buttertoast said, MCSG is very pvp oriented now.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I was just using that type of map as an example... But maps that are very flat almost always make for good pvp. As buttertoast said, MCSG is very pvp oriented now.
Yes, MCSG is very PvP oriented, because thats what the community wants. And that can't be changed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci