• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Committee

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The next thing I'm gonna say is definitely gonna seem bad....It'll probably make me seem like a jerk but I'll say it- The committee is very easily persuaded and this makes a lot of the decisions wrong sometimes. I'll elaborate on that. When people use an extreme texture pack and/or shaders when they post their map, people flip out and say they love it when the map can be really bad to be honest.... This is why we need people who won't be swayed so easily. This is why need those individuals who carefully review the details down to every last block.
I would like to suggest making a requirement of posting default screenshots when making a map thread. That would fix the community being easily swayed.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
So what your saying is that the community's opinions don't matter because they're different from map makers?
You just twisted my words beyond belief.

No, that's not what I meant, I meant that maps that are solely and completely PvP are in the long-run, going to lose MCSG's popularity. Why? you ask. Well, if we have all maps that are 100% PvP oriented, with no skill other than "who has the better gear" or "who got the most chests" or "who can click faster" (so on), the game will get boring. Gameplay like this makes MCSG seem like just another PvP server, causing people to get bored and forcing MCSG into it's demise.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You just twisted my words beyond belief.

No, that's not what I meant, I meant that maps that are solely and completely PvP are in the long-run, going to lose MCSG's popularity. Why? you ask. Well, if we have all maps that are 100% PvP oriented, with no skill other than "who has the better gear" or "who got the most chests" or "who can click faster" (so on), the game will get boring. Gameplay like this makes MCSG seem like just another PvP server, causing people to get bored and forcing MCSG into it's demise.
I honestly doubt that scenario would ever happen...

Why add a map if it'll never get played? The community has shown that it prefers gameplay orientated maps over looks. Take Futuristic City for example: If this committee was given a map with build quality and terraforming as exceptional as Futuristic City, would it be accepted? Probably. And yet that map is hardly ever played. So what's the point in adding maps that the community doesn't like? Wouldn't it just take up server space?

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I honestly doubt that scenario would ever happen...

Why add a map if it'll never get played? The community has shown that it prefers gameplay orientated maps over looks. Take Futuristic City for example: If this committee was given a map with build quality and terraforming as exceptional as Futuristic City, would it be accepted? Probably. And yet that map is hardly ever played. So what's the point in adding maps that the community doesn't like? Wouldn't it just take up server space?
We like effort put into our maps, not flatlands with a corn and a few trees.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We like effort put into our maps, not flatlands with a corn and a few trees.
And so we have to compromise.. give the community a little bit of something they want and give the committee a bit of something they want. Such as TSG2 and SG4 c:

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
And so we have to compromise.. give the community a little bit of something they want and give the committee a bit of something they want. Such as TSG2 and SG4 c:
TSG2 is a great example of my point, it took effort, SG4, it didnt require much effort, but the effort was put in. Nowlook atMoonlight Lake, little to no effort, and thats what the people want apparently, they have no idea what they are missing.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
TSG2 is a great example of my point, it took effort, SG4, it didnt require much effort, but the effort was put in, now look at Moonlight Lake, little to no effort, and thats what the people want apparently, they have no idea what they are missing.
TSG2 has both flatlands that are barren for good PVP fights and high mountains for those who salivate over well-done terraforming. I think SG4 is extremely well-liked because it isn't overly-done or complicated, and chest routes are easy to find.
All I'm asking for is for a few spots on the committee (1 might be enough) for experienced MCSG players so that the gameplay aspect is considered as well...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci