• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Committee

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In my opinion the committee should not have absolute power over what maps are added to the server, since as Zeno said they may not be best at judging gameplay aspects of maps, which are equally as important as looks. They should instead either be able to veto maps that are not up to standard when it comes to looks, or select maps that reach the standard and let the community decide from there. That way we should end up with maps that are both good for PvP and aesthetically pleasing. :)

Sidenote- even though he's not in a build team, static_nightmare is definitely worthy of being on the committee IMO, and should be invited if he hasn't already been.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of negativity from a few of you towards the committee before we have even really started which seems pretty baseless to me, we are a group of different people so our opinions will vary and you shouldnt scrutunize and go into detail over comments made by the members, there isn't some sinister deeper meaning to the comments, we will do our best to help the community. I believe this committee is a step in the right direction for the community, just give us a chance before judging our actions.
I think you misunderstood me. I don't think you have some kind of sinister ulterior motives. I think that you, and members of this committee will do only what they think is best for the community. The only problem is that members of the committee disagree with the members of the community about what is the correct way to proceed, and that won't work out well for anyone. I think the idea that has been raised earlier of having some well known community members / active PvP'ers on the committee as well would serve to balance the various viewpoints and provide the best possible outcome, but that idea kind if got shot down, which doesn't do much for increasing my faith in the committee.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood me. I don't think you have some kind of sinister ulterior motives. I think that you, and members of this committee will do only what they think is best for the community. The only problem is that members of the committee disagree with the members of the community about what is the correct way to proceed, and that won't work out well for anyone. I think the idea that has been raised earlier of having some well known community members / active PvP'ers on the committee as well would serve to balance the various viewpoints and provide the best possible outcome, but that idea kind if got shot down, which doesn't do much for increasing my faith in the committee.
Just remember what one person says on the committee doesn't account for all of our opinions. Anything new that is brought up such as having well known community members in the team will be discussed at our next meeting and decided upon. Obviously we want to do our best for the community but it doesn't help us by hounding us with questions and putting us down when we have barely started. Help me increase my faith in the community by giving us a chance.

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What's to stop the committee from uploading maps that are from the build teams that the members of the committee are in?
There seems to be a lot of negativity from a few of you towards the committee before we have even really started which seems pretty baseless to me, we are a group of different people so our opinions will vary and you shouldnt scrutunize and go into detail over comments made by the members, there isn't some sinister deeper meaning to the comments, we will do our best to help the community. I believe this committee is a step in the right direction for the community, just give us a chance before judging our actions.
We are simply discussing the possibly weak points of the committee so you can improve yourselves :).

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
What's to stop the committee from uploading maps that are from the build teams that the members of the committee are in?

We are simply discussing the possibly weak points of the committee so you can improve yourselves :).
As I have said before on this thread, please just give us a chance and dont be so judgemental, we have literally just started and we are already being hounded for weak points. Also as we are from varied build teams we will discuss all maps to be added, none will be added just because its a map from the committee, we will always discuss it first.

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm going to wait to see how this works out before I start to point fingers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci