• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Committee

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You're missing the point that the community doesn't want more survival orientated maps; they want maps with quick and intense games. I think this committee needs to put the community before their own opinions, and that means having gameplay as the highest priority or at least equal ground with terraforming and build quality.
Well too bad. That's what they're getting.
Don't like 'em, don't play 'em.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Stop Complaining... xD a mean I didn't get in and im not making a big who har out of it, just keep to your Own maps and if your map gets to be liked then maybe it will get accepted, be patient and don't argue with other people. They are the map committee and choose the maps, and you won't be able to change that. my maps haven't been accepted in a Year so xD
I think you misunderstood all of my posts...

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
What's the best way to notify the map committee about a map if when I post it's called 'nagging'? I didn't think asking about something would hurt. If anything, I thought that the more support a map got, the more of a chance it would have to be added...
if you ever see a really cool map, here or on planetminecraft or something feel free to message me on teamspeak about it, I am on pretty much all the time I am available, just dont go on about it is what the post meant

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
if you ever see a really cool map, here or on planetminecraft or something feel free to message me on teamspeak about it, I am on pretty much all the time I am available, just dont go on about it is what the post meant
But I didn't think I did nag, and Toasty deleted my post on it...

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well too bad. That's what they're getting.
Don't like 'em, don't play 'em.
If this committee picks maps that aren't popular and are never played, wouldn't the entire purpose of the committee be obsolete?

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
But I didn't think I did nag, and Toasty deleted my post on it...
This isn't the place to notify us of maps, if you have a map you think should be added, catch me on teamspeak, send it and I will look it over

@EvermoreHD to be honest throughout this whole thread you have been very negative towards the committee, I would appreciate if you waited and allowed us to do things before you start to criticise, there are lots of ifs and buts, but the only person who is looking bad because of your questions is you. So I would appreciate if you stopped posting on the thread. Thankyou.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This isn't the place to notify us of maps, if you have a map you think should be added, catch me on teamspeak, send it and I will look it over

@EvermoreHD to be honest throughout this whole thread you have been very negative towards the committee, I would appreciate if you waited and allowed us to do things before you start to criticise, there are lots of ifs and buts, but the only person who is looking bad because of your questions is you. So I would appreciate if you stopped posting on the thread. Thankyou.
Looking at things too positively will cause less improvement and more disappointment later on. At least, that's what I believe.

I just hope that this committee gets it right on its first attempt, so the later criticism you mentioned doesn't happen. That's all I wanted to achieve with my posts; sorry if I sounded "too negative".

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Though at first I really liked this idea, and thought it was an excellent concept, after reading the thread and the various discussions between members of the committee (Especially @CaptButterToast )and members of the community, I am now thoroughly opposed to the idea, at least how it stands in its current state.

Though everybody on the committee is a fantastic builder, none of them are truly active PvP'ers. They may be able to examine a map in detail, down to the last block, but they truly do not know all the elements required for good gameplay. In the eyes of @CaptButterToast our gameplay focused community would want:
complete flatlands with dull structures
That is wrong. Plain and simple. Nobody would enjoy a round of Survival Games played on a flatland, and you would have to be really out of touch with the will of the community to believe that. Good gameplay comes as a result of the right mixture of terrain, solid chest routes, and well placed hotspots, not a 'superflat world with a corn and a few trees'. If that is what you believe the community wants, then you honestly need to snap back to reality and learn what good PvP is.

This stems into my next point, that the committee feels they know better than the community what maps MCSG should have, and that they have the power to make that choice without input from the community. Again a quote from @CaptButterToast makes this glaringly obvious:
I've said this several times in different threads, the community should NOT have the power to choose the map they want on the servers.
When it is the community that is ultimately going to play on those maps, why should they not have the power to choose the maps which they will play on? Because they want maps with good gameplay? That seems like a perfectly reasonable desire to me. Just because you feel that the aesthetics of a map is more important than the gameplay does not give you the right to make the decision for the community. In fact, if you have such a radically different view than the community, then you should NOT be making the decision for them. That high and mighty attitude of 'We know better than the community' is something that needs to stop if this committee wants any success. You aren't choosing maps for members of build teams to log on and look at in awe, you're choosing maps for people to play on, and you need to cater to those people's desires.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Ahh no. We are trying to bring maps that re-establish the survival aspect of the game as well as keep a decent PvP aspect but have a more challenging twist to it: strategy. Yes there are strategies used in MCSG's PvP now, but not the kind that it was meant to have. As I said we are trying to re-establish the survival games created through maps like SG1, SG2, SG3, ect. that has been absent from these servers for too long, if we were to add the best PvP'ers in MCSG at the present time, that wouldn't happen. The quality of the builds, terraforming, ect. will help to optimize and create a better MCSG, and thats why we are here.
The community should get to choose what maps are being chosen, not 6 or so members of the staff who want to restore some image. The most important thing is that the survival games remain entertaining and fun. I think SG 1 and SG 3 are some of the least played maps, this is quite easily linked to the fact that people do not like to play them. After reading Zeno's post with his quote from you, I really don't think that this is a good idea at all.

Chad can say that he doesn't make any money off of this, which is fine, call it a community not a business. That said a company does not drive away its customers by building the products that the owners want, it keeps its customers by building the products that the customers want.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of negativity from a few of you towards the committee before we have even really started which seems pretty baseless to me, we are a group of different people so our opinions will vary and you shouldnt scrutunize and go into detail over comments made by the members, there isn't some sinister deeper meaning to the comments, we will do our best to help the community. I believe this committee is a step in the right direction for the community, just give us a chance before judging our actions.

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
Why is there already so much hate, fighting, and disagreement? The committee was just formed and has not even done anything yet. Before hating it, give them/it a chance. You may turn out liking it.

edit:
you beat me
just give us a chance before judging our actions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci