• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kit PVP Arena Contest

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
1. Can you fix my poll and add the two other "yes" votes from the second Yes option to the first poll?

2. I don't think a ratio will be a good way of determining a map. Maps that are submitted near the end will have the typical "rush" of votes, and make their ratio seem higher. Even though other maps have been around longer and have many more votes.

3. Also, I have seen a number of maps that appear to have buildings either taken directly from a preexisting MCSG map, or a different map not on MCSG. (copy/paste) Will these people get disqualified and how should we go about reporting it? Also, is it "copying" if you directly build the exact same thing from a well known map and change the block types? Because I've seen a lot of that too.

4. I think maps should be decided by the judges in general. Communities that have 100+ people will get loads more votes than a small team with 4 members, even though the smaller teams map might be better. :p I think that the judges should take into account the number of votes in their decision, but decide themselves. :)
2. Definitely, that's how some REALLY bad maps got into the final leaderboard of PMC
3. They should be disqualified, just report it to one of the judges in a PM or poke/message on teamspeak (one has already been disqualified due to stealing builds from Teweran 2)
4. Yep yep yep, otherwise It'll be more of a popularity contest imho.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
1. Can you fix my poll and add the two other "yes" votes from the second Yes option to the first poll?

2. I don't think a ratio will be a good way of determining a map. Maps that are submitted near the end will have the typical "rush" of votes, and make their ratio seem higher. Even though other maps have been around longer and have many more votes.

3. Also, I have seen a number of maps that appear to have buildings either taken directly from a preexisting MCSG map, or a different map not on MCSG. (copy/paste) Will these people get disqualified and how should we go about reporting it? Also, is it "copying" if you directly build the exact same thing from a well known map and change the block types? Because I've seen a lot of that too.

4. I think maps should be decided by the judges in general. Communities that have 100+ people will get loads more votes than a small team with 4 members, even though the smaller teams map might be better. :p I think that the judges should take into account the number of votes in their decision, but decide themselves. :)
I'm on my phone so the answers will be really really short.

1. I can't add two votes like that.... I will try to figure out a way though

2. We'll figure it out ;)

3. As said, one has been disqualified for stealing. If you think one was stolen, massage me about it

4. In the end, we have the final say

ShakeSchack

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm on my phone so the answers will be really really short.

1. I can't add two votes like that.... I will try to figure out a way though

2. We'll figure it out ;)

3. As said, one has been disqualified for stealing. If you think one was stolen, massage me about it

4. In the end, we have the final say
As a way to vote it might be easier to determine if you reset all the votes after the contest ends, and then have everyone vote.

Reaction score
Is it okay if your map is taller than it is wider? If the radius is a couple of blocks from meeting the requirements, but is really tall, is that ok?

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Is it okay if your map is taller than it is wider? If the radius is a couple of blocks from meeting the requirements, but is really tall, is that ok?
If it's only a couple away from the requirements, I suggest just adding those few extra blocks :3

As a way to vote it might be easier to determine if you reset all the votes after the contest ends, and then have everyone vote.
That would take more time but I believe they want the arenas pushed out as soon as possible... Also, if we did that it'd have to be such a small time frame that not a lot of people would get to vote.

V

Viretine

I think there should be group prizes and prizes for single builders.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think there should be group prizes and prizes for single builders.
I'd assume that the top 3, no matter if they were in group or alone, would get the prizes listed. I don't think there is anything else fair that can be given to the other 22 people with their maps submitted, although I do agree that they should get something for their efforts.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
What happens if the winner built it solo?
He probably gets 1 instead of 4 VIPs. Because there was only 1 builder, it says in the rules only builders get to get the prize, the builder gets VIP (or gold donor or iron donor, whatever he won).

mr_pendle

Diamond
Reaction score
He probably gets 1 instead of 4 VIPs. Because there was only 1 builder, it says in the rules only builders get to get the prize, the builder gets VIP (or gold donor or iron donor, whatever he won).
Oh ok, so it could end up that one person gets VIP/Gold instead of 4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci