• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kit PVP Arena Contest

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Hello Tributes,

Instead of working with our in-house group of dedicated builders and terraformers, it was decided to let everyone join in and contribute to KitPvP. And what better way to do that than with a mapping contest?

Today, we are proud to announce our most recent mapping contest:
The MCGamer Kit PvP Arena Mapping Contest!

About the Contest

As in the game itself, teams must compete against one another in order to triumph in the competition. But other than that, how you approach the contest is up to you. There are no themes or style requirements, just the flexibility to build the PvP Arena to beat all other Arenas.

The contest begins on January 21st, 2014 and will be active until 11:59 PM (GMT for Dave) on February 4th, 2014. During those 14 days (no more, no less), the build teams must build their PvP Arena submission. Good style and form will win over sightseers, but good gameplay and structure is needed to win over players. The best Arenas must blend both form and function together if it is to have any chance of winning; every arena must play as well as it looks.

All contest submissions must be posted AT THIS LINK HERE.

Please follow that link and make a new thread for your map.
  • Each thread should include a Poll with one choice called “Vote for this Map!”; this poll will be used to select the community’s top 25 maps.
  • Map submission threads must include the names of any and all people or teams associated with making the submitted map.
  • Be sure to include a full detail of your map’s general info, such as its theme, its size, any special features it may have, and any additional details you wish to include.
  • Maps must be 100% done to get in top 25 at the end of the 2 weeks.
  • A download link MUST be included on the thread.
About the Judging

The submissions will close on February 4th, upon which Judging will begin. The judges will grade on the following rubric:
  • Style
  • Gameplay
  • Creativity
  • Noteworthy Features
The following players will act as judges:
  • Myself [Dave] (Head Builder)
  • CaptButterToast (Sr Builder)
  • GotCubes (Sr Builder)
  • Ninetalefox92 (Build Manager)
  • Tree_TheBigKind (Build Manager)
Map Requirements

1. The total map radius must be between 50 and 100 blocks from the furthest ends.

2. There must be multiple spawn points(up to ten)

3. Usage of water or void in the arena must be kept to a minimum.

4. Each map must provide its own unique PvP style in structure and play style

5. Each map must contain structures, organics, etc.

6. Each map must have a boundary dome, an impassable border wall, or be surrounded by uncrossable void.

7. Each map must be completely original i.e. not taken from other preexisting maps.

8. Construction of each map must be started during the competition’s duration, not before; if you have been working on an Arena map before the contest was announced, you may not use it.
The Judges reserve the right to reject any map for any reason, particularly if a map fails to meet the map requirements or if a build team demonstrates unacceptably poor conduct.

The Prizes

First Prize:
4 V.I.P. Ranks to be given to the map builders.​

Second Prize:
3 Gold Ranks for the builders.​

Third Prize:
3 Iron Ranks for the builders.​

Furthermore, the top 25 maps selected by the community polling will be added to the MCGamer Kit PvP server.

Questions? Concerns? Firsts? We’d love to hear about what you all think. Feel free to comment below!

Last edited:

DeformedChild

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Nice!

EDIT: So it has to be inbetween 50-75 radius? No more, no less?

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
First (If Deformed didn't post :()

Burtry

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
:D Sounds fun! I'll definitely try to make an arena!

J

Joel/MadDawg

Awesome idea :)

If any of you are interested, I would like to build an arena with anyone that wants too.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Can a person help in multiple maps? I'm making a map on my own, and RF is thinking of making one as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci