• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Kit PVP Arena Contest

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
The votes decide the winner now ? or a jurry which one pick up the best map from the 25 with the most votes ?
I think the jury decides, and if they're not "even" on it they consider the votes? :S

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
its impossible not to have a majority decision since there are 5 judges, we choose out of the top 25[/quote
so like this, you take the top 25 (vote vise) and then you judge them as a group? :S
Seems kind of unfair towards those who perhaps haven't spammed their friends :/

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
We are allowing an extra TWO DAYS, after the contest is closed tommorow night 11:59pm GMT, for people to vote, so later submissions still have a chance to get voted into the top 25. Then we will take a week considering the maps before taking our decison of the top 3.

Reaction score
so like this, you take the top 25 (vote vise) and then you judge them as a group? :S Seems kind of unfair towards those who perhaps haven't spammed their friends :/
Maybe it would be more fair to do a view to vote ratio to work out the top 25. It kinda weeds out maps which are higher either due to time or due being a more popular forumer/team. Although it doesn't really fix the problem of having all your friends vote :/
I did it quickly for the first page and this is what I got, I think it is a better representation of the order based on quality.
Although it is completely up to what you judges think really, if you think this doesn't work as well then fair enough :)

Last edited:
J

Joel/MadDawg

Just a question: are you guys going to check the top 25 vote-getting maps before you judge them further, just to make sure that the map is actually deserving of a spot on kitpvp?

iLyfe

Survivor
Reaction score
Maybe it would be more fair to do a view to vote ratio to work out the top 25. It kinda weeds out maps which are higher either due to time or due being a more popular forumer/team. Although it doesn't really fix the problem of having all your friends vote :/
I did it quickly for the first page and this is what I got, I think it is a better representation of the order based on quality.
Although it is completely up to what you judges think really, if you think this doesn't work as well then fair enough :)
Although this appears to be a great way to do it, basic math shows it wouldn't be fair.

Keep in mind I am horrible at explaining stuff.

After doing some looking and research, if I looked at our map Paradise Valley, I can see it has 94 votes, and was submitted Jan. 26. Then if I look at one of my other favorites, Yodenheim which has 45 votes, and was submitted on Feb.1. 6 days later.

So it appears doing a vote/day ratio would be good. But if you look the the names of voters, you can see a lot are similar. This is because those are the people checking each day, it means they will always vote the one they like. But that only gives room for new maps to be voted, as the old maps would already have been voted on or not by them. This is why generally all the maps submitted later have a way higher vote/per average. If the same people are checking the newer maps will always be voted on every day and then the ratio will quickly die down over time.

After re-reading this I don't even know if it's very understandable but whatever, I'll keep it just in case someone get's it... ;D

Reaction score
Although this appears to be a great way to do it, basic math shows it wouldn't be fair.

Keep in mind I am horrible at explaining stuff.

After doing some looking and research, if I looked at our map Paradise Valley, I can see it has 94 votes, and was submitted Jan. 26. Then if I look at one of my other favorites, Yodenheim which has 45 votes, and was submitted on Feb.1. 6 days later.

So it appears doing a vote/day ratio would be good. But if you look the the names of voters, you can see a lot are similar. This is because those are the people checking each day, it means they will always vote the one they like. But that only gives room for new maps to be voted, as the old maps would already have been voted on or not by them. This is why generally all the maps submitted later have a way higher vote/per average. If the same people are checking the newer maps will always be voted on every day and then the ratio will quickly die down over time.

After re-reading this I don't even know if it's very understandable but whatever, I'll keep it just in case someone get's it... ;D
I am not sure I agree with you with this, in fact I think a vote to day ratio would be pretty horrible. I put some values in, taking some random maps from across the pages and as you can see the oldest two really don't score well (one of them is yours).

The reason I assume that Yodenheim isn't doing so well is that even though it has epic builds it does not look very good for pvp. The reason that Paradise valley wouldn't score as well may be that it is not the most visually impressive (although it does look good in my opinion. I really don't want to make assumptions it may be just due to being on for a while although I doubt that's the reason). I am not saying that my system is perfect but it is a dam sight better than doing it purely by votes or a vote to day ratio :) :)

iLyfe

Survivor
Reaction score
I am not sure I agree with you with this, in fact I think a vote to day ratio would be pretty horrible. I put some values in, taking some random maps from across the pages and as you can see the oldest two really don't score well (one of them is yours).

The reason I assume that Yodenheim isn't doing so well is that even though it has epic builds it does not look very good for pvp. The reason that Paradise valley wouldn't score as well may be that it is not the most visually impressive (although it does look good in my opinion. I really don't want to make assumptions it may be just due to being on for a while although I doubt that's the reason). I am not saying that my system is perfect but it is a dam sight better than doing it purely by votes or a vote to day ratio :) :)
Oh my goodness sorry I just woke up after 3 hours of sleep and completely read your thing wrong.... I thought you had a vote/day ratio on yours and didn't really look at the spreadsheet :D I didn't even realize it was view/vote..... My apologies haha.

But the thing about view/vote is that the views count from whenever someone from a teams goes on to check the number of votes... which I know my team did a ton of in the earlier days, so it make be slightly skewed depending on the map makers, or else I would really like that way.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I noticed earlier today a couple of maps got moved to disqualified, but now they are back. Just curious, any particular reason?

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
I noticed earlier today a couple of maps got moved to disqualified, but now they are back. Just curious, any particular reason?
I was messaged about disqualified maps earlier today but when I went and looked, none were disqualified recently. Were there any that were disqualified and moved back?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci