• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum Achievements - High Post Counts [rant ;-;]

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
Woah, my name was mentioned. I'd like to say I did get hate, and I did really feel bad about playing forum games, because people were getting mad at me for reaching top posters for just playing forum games. Back then, I played forum games because it was fun for me. Actually, I made this account just to play forum games in late 2012 because it looked so fun. But then I explored many parts of the forums and I was look woah this is cool but I still posted on forum games. Also I was in a post count competition with some people before so yeah. Anyways, after people got mad at me, I stopped forum games. I very very rarely go on it, only sometimes when I'm bored. I tried to make good quality posts, but never really succeeded much. Then I left MCSG cause I moved to another continent and no computer and suckish wifi. Currently I rarely go on the website. So the hate died. So im just saying I did get hate, I did regret spamming, and I DID stop going on forum games. Yea. I would also like to say I didn't go on the forum games to get my post count up really I only went on it cuz it was fun. That's my story.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I'm starting to see more and more users like this, it frustrates me even more when you see dedicated people trying their best to post well-thought replies to threads and you see people not even trying with no clue on how to forum except the basic knowledge/common sense of replying with one word sentences with no real impact to the thread. This needs to stop, or at least give the rank to the well deserving users.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Um...to any people who's seen me on the forums....have I contributed in a positive way? Like...do I deserve the title "Active Member"?

Or am I one of them? Cuz I'm really not too sure...
No you are an amazing forumer. I always feel like this when I read this thread. I don't have as many likes as a lot of people, makes me uncomfortable. I used to post pretty uselessly. I try a lot harder now though I hope.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
No you are an amazing forumer. I always feel like this when I read this thread. I don't have as many likes as a lot of people, makes me uncomfortable. I used to post pretty uselessly. I try a lot harder now though I hope.
At least you have realise what useless posts have gotten you in the past, and you have rejuvenated yourself. A sign of a good forumer.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm gonna go on my own little rant here. :p

Likes don't mean everything. For a while, I only had half as many likes as posts, although I tried to make constructive posts everytime I came on the forums. Other forumers such as HalfSquirrel only have a 1:2 like to post ratio. However, people remember Half in his prime as a very constructive poster that contributed positively to almost everything. I rarely saw him on forum games, and when he was, it wasn't to boost his number of posts.

In fact, delving into the deep end of things, there are a few well known forumers that have done almost absolutely nothing except spam the forums and because they have a group of friends that like spam them, they've ended up on the top posts AND the top likes. I'm not gonna mention any names, but I feel that sometimes the amount of likes to posts means bullcrap.

If you really want to contribute positively, do what Mooclan said - don't just agree or disagree with something; go into detail and explain! ^_^

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Aww thanks! Also:
At least you have realise what useless posts have gotten you in the past, and you have rejuvenated yourself. A sign of a good forumer.
^ You're a great forumer, and I love to see your posts! (Talking to demon, but you're also amazing fancy :3)

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm gonna go on my own little rant here. :p

Likes don't mean everything. For a while, I only had half as many likes as posts, although I tried to make constructive posts everytime I came on the forums. Other forumers such as HalfSquirrel only have a 1:2 like to post ratio. However, people remember Half in his prime as a very constructive poster that contributed positively to almost everything. I rarely saw him on forum games, and when he was, it wasn't to boost his number of posts.

In fact, delving into the deep end of things, there are a few well known forumers that have done almost absolutely nothing except spam the forums and because they have a group of friends that like spam them, they've ended up on the top posts AND the top likes. I'm not gonna mention any names, but I feel that sometimes the amount of likes to posts means bullcrap.

If you really want to contribute positively, do what Mooclan said - don't just agree or disagree with something; go into detail and explain! ^_^
And adding on, whenever I post I usually put a lot of thought into what I'm saying and sometimes completely rephrase my posts. I feel that even though I'm the only staff member on the top posts, people don't recognize me as much because I'm not always "everywhere" - mostly I'm hiding in the shadows ready to jump out at sight. ;)

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Aww thanks! Also:

^ You're a great forumer, and I love to see your posts! (Talking to demon, but you're also amazing fancy :3)
I don't think I am amazing at foruming. .-.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't think I am amazing at foruming. .-.
Just looked through your most recent posts, and none of them were short "Ya, I agree" or "No, I don't like" posts or were mean or rude in any way. Really, they were helpful and nice!!!

I know you don't think you're a great forumer, but in my eyes you're a very welcome and nice addition!

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Just looked through your most recent posts, and none of them were short "Ya, I agree" or "No, I don't like" posts or were mean or rude in any way. Really, they were helpful and nice!!!

I know you don't think you're a great forumer, but in my eyes you're a very welcome and nice addition!
Thankyou for the nice comments, personally for me, I don't think I deserve recognition at all, I am simply just a 14 year old male that every night, gets on his ipad/iphone all night to post my honest thoughts and opinions. Last night I stayed up till 3 in the morning posting, not as though I'm obsessed with it, or tryharding for active member, just that I absolutely love foruming and I have a big passion for it. Again, thankyou for the nice comments, it means a lot :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci