• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum Achievements - High Post Counts [rant ;-;]

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not included am I......?
Your gonna say this is the kinds of posts you taking about ;-(

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
It's worse when you feel like you do make contributing posts and messages but aren't recognized for it.

Then again, I don't care.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
I have a FEW people in particular, that at some points I really would like to give a talking to.

It annoys me, to think that people such as you (moo) who have a lot of posts, but since your posts have "slowed down" (not saying they aren't great, saying the quantity has decreased) Where as people (no offence) Giggity69Goo who make one liner posts that rarely contribute to threads yet he has a lot of posts. Then, he gets recognized for things like this (check his signature "forums master!" This will literally make me in a grumpy mood all day because of that.)when you, Moo, don't. People usually skip your posts because they tend to be long.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I agree. You came up with a good point that I don't think many people think about.

Ginger

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is so true, I have been active on the forums on and off for over a year and still don't have it. :p

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
I'll be modest, I do post short, meaningless posts sometimes. But I like to think that most of the posts I do post at least move the conversation along, even if it's an agreement with a short reason, or a thank you to a welcomed feature. I've reached a hefty 2200 posts, which I'm rather proud of, even if I don't post amazing threads every week like Moo does, I don't spam like some of these newer "active members." Am I well known for my posts? Probably not. Am I welcomed presence on these forums? Probably so. I guess what I'm saying here is that not everyone can be big-shot forumers like some of the ones here, but that shouldn't mean that you should resort to being a low-class spammers.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I'm not included am I......?
Your gonna say this is the kinds of posts you taking about ;-(
I don't really think that's an example of the type of post that I ranted about - You asked an honest question.
However, I went through your recent posts, and I found the following:
Now, I really don't want to make you feel bad, but some of those are pretty decent examples of posts that don't really contribute. Forum games, Clans and Teams. One-liners aren't always bad, but several of your posts were also somewhat insulting (they could have been sarcastic or joking, I don't know the context, as I didn't view the threads themselves.)
It's worse when you feel like you do make contributing posts and messages but aren't recognized for it.

Then again, I don't care.
I suppose some people just present their messages in a more memorable way, or are more consistent. What separates a good forumer from a great forumer? I have no idea.
I have a FEW people in particular, that at some points I really would like to give a talking to.

It annoys me, to think that people such as you (moo) who have a lot of posts, but since your posts have "slowed down" (not saying they aren't great, saying the quantity has decreased) Where as people (no offence) Giggity69Goo who make one liner posts that rarely contribute to threads yet he has a lot of posts. Then, he gets recognized for things like this (check his signature "forums master!" This will literally make me in a grumpy mood all day because of that.)when you, Moo, don't. People usually skip your posts because they tend to be long.
My posting has actually slowed down because I've started doing a larger amount of longer or more thought-out posts, and much fewer shortened and less-useful posts. Before I may have posted perhaps 10 messages within X amount of time and had a quality of, say, 6, but now I aim for maybe 5 posts within X period of time, but a quality level of at least 8-9. (I'm not saying I achieve this, I'm just saying this is what I aim for.)

And allow me to quote Giggity69Goo in a Skype conversation we had during the voting period of the third MCGamer Awards:

I may regret saying this some time soon, but to be quite frank, I didn't vote for him because I don't think he deserved it. Yes he can post good things when he tries, but is he consistent? Not really. For example, I'm 99% sure that RC_4777 would have made it into the top 3 if Andreas hadn't broadcasted over Skype about the MCGamer Awards, and gotten so many votes that he very nearly passed me and got second. I know Andreas is a nice fellow, and I have absolutely nothing against him personally or professionally, but what he was doing struck me as a bit... saddening, to see that anyone at all would try to achieve something like that with a method that was unfair to the other candidates. It's not something like Active Member, where anyone can achieve it - it's a competition where people who deserve it could not make the final cut because someone who didn't deserve it as much used what could be considered unfair methods.

And if people skip my posts, then that's their loss. If they want to or need to know more information, then they'll read them. If they don't, then they're not missing out on anything major.
What matters is that as long as the people who need it read it, then I'm satisfied. I could care less whether or not someone who doesn't even play MCSG anymore reads my post on in-game tricks and tips, as it doesn't concern them and is completely irrelevant to what they need to know. I'm not typing for the sake of typing, I'm typing to inform, educate, help, and dispute, among other things.
On the subject of likes, even they are not a very great indicator of how meaningful a person's post is. The posts with a lot of likes are usually jokes. The most likes I have ever seen a humorless, nom-front-page post get is about six. It seems to be my specialty to tick people off when I make long posts. People usually say rude things to me in response because my opinions are usually far out and I do not fit in here very well. I don't care. As long as I can open people's eyes to a new perspective that's all that matters.

Mooclan is a very good example of someone who avoids both meaningless posts and can also avoid ticking people off. He's also positive and not too extreme. He doesn't make messages such as "Cool", "GG", "I agree", or "LeafyGreenTea."

I think that a good post should be more than a line long, add a new perspective or opinion, and not be part of a ridiculous argument. If there is much to be said, then go ahead and say it. If your opinion has already been stated several times over, then don't post at all. Also, off topic posts shouldn't count toward post count at all, nor their likes. The point of those games is to have a little fun, not to show how much you have contributed. Thank you for another thoughtful thread, Mooclan.
I do know of many humorless posts that have received dozens of likes - Heck, I've even made a few of them. However, I can definitely agree that they are uncommon, particularly on a thread that isn't controversial or thought-provoking.
If it makes you feel any better, I really do appreciate your posts. I've seen a few, and I honestly am left speechless some of the time, just trying to wrap my head around what you say. (This is probably the longest reply I've ever been able to think of in response to one of your posts, haha.)
YoU R juZt a JEloUs CoW! YU ENBi mi LIkS n' pOsTs! (Eben ef yoU gt MOR dAN mI) :p

Bad joke? Yes? Ok Ill leave sorry...
Haha, it's fine :p I know that it was meant as a joke, and
yus im vry jelos of us poztz n likz cont ;'c

This makes me wonder if I am one of those people? Have I gotten my name out there? I mean, I am fairly well known though back in my Noobie days of foruming, I admit I did just spam forum games. Now, I like to slow down and I only post if I find it necessary to. Thanks for bringing this up Moo!
I personally think that it's really good that you post only if you find necessary. I should probably slow down posting too, but then I'd lose my spot on the Top Posters list too fast ;)
But I don't really see you post all that often, and I'm a bit short on time to reply to these other posts ( :c) so I'm too lazy to go through your recent posts haha
Just thought of something... If theres one thing that all recogizable people have is that they have pretty much guaranteed likes.
I dont want to sound mean, but we all know lots of people just like posts because of who made it rather than because of its conent.
What Im going with this is that when people have lots of likes its not always because they make good posts all the time, and at the same time, its not their fault either.

Oh god... I dont know whats wrong with me today, Im struggleing to explain my thoughts more than I usually do lol Took me like 20 minutes both to make this post and the first one I made on this thread. (Just ignore my ironic stupid joke lol)
Yep! I really agree.
If someone new to the MCSG forums were to post this thread, they would almost definitely get less replies and attention. Looking at some of the other replies on this thread, I'm seeing things like "Nice job moo c;" and "Thanks for bringing this up, Moo" - I won't quote any more because I'm sure you can find them just by looking through the thread. But I feel like that goes to show that it wasn't necessarily the thread that was good, but the reputation or general outlook on the thread creator (who just so happens to be me). While the thread may have had a good message, it wasn't just that which supposedly captured the attention spans of the people who posted here.
(And I don't mean to come across as cocky or anything by saying this, but I think other posts have already kind of proved my point.)
As a person that took months to reach active member, I'll admit it's disheartening when I see people get the rank in a week by spamming games and getting their friends to like all their posts. However, I don't think this behavior will stop anytime soon. "Active Member" is a rank that a lot of people want but few have the patience to earn. Heck, as long as ranks have been around on anything in the world people have found ways to bend the rules and get them quick. The only way to stop this problem would be to remove ranks entirely, and I don't think anyone wants to do that.
Yes :/ It took me over a year of total time being registered on the forums before I reached Active Member (Although I wasn't really an active forumer until about 3 months or so before I actually got it.) And seeing people get it so unfairly within so little time is just... disappointing.

Okay I have to quickly post this before my mom unplugs the internet, so sorry if I missed replying to anyone's post. Just pretend you're me and think of what I'd say XD

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I don't really think that's an example of the type of post that I ranted about - You asked an honest question.
However, I went through your recent posts, and I found the following:

Now, I really don't want to make you feel bad, but some of those are pretty decent examples of posts that don't really contribute. Forum games, Clans and Teams. One-liners aren't always bad, but several of your posts were also somewhat insulting (they could have been sarcastic or joking, I don't know the context, as I didn't view the threads themselves.)

I suppose some people just present their messages in a more memorable way, or are more consistent. What separates a good forumer from a great forumer? I have no idea.

My posting has actually slowed down because I've started doing a larger amount of longer or more thought-out posts, and much fewer shortened and less-useful posts. Before I may have posted perhaps 10 messages within X amount of time and had a quality of, say, 6, but now I aim for maybe 5 posts within X period of time, but a quality level of at least 8-9. (I'm not saying I achieve this, I'm just saying this is what I aim for.)

And allow me to quote Giggity69Goo in a Skype conversation we had during the voting period of the third MCGamer Awards:

I may regret saying this some time soon, but to be quite frank, I didn't vote for him because I don't think he deserved it. Yes he can post good things when he tries, but is he consistent? Not really. For example, I'm 99% sure that RC_4777 would have made it into the top 3 if Andreas hadn't broadcasted over Skype about the MCGamer Awards, and gotten so many votes that he very nearly passed me and got second. I know Andreas is a nice fellow, and I have absolutely nothing against him personally or professionally, but what he was doing struck me as a bit... saddening, to see that anyone at all would try to achieve something like that with a method that was unfair to the other candidates. It's not something like Active Member, where anyone can achieve it - it's a competition where people who deserve it could not make the final cut because someone who didn't deserve it as much used what could be considered unfair methods.

And if people skip my posts, then that's their loss. If they want to or need to know more information, then they'll read them. If they don't, then they're not missing out on anything major.
What matters is that as long as the people who need it read it, then I'm satisfied. I could care less whether or not someone who doesn't even play MCSG anymore reads my post on in-game tricks and tips, as it doesn't concern them and is completely irrelevant to what they need to know. I'm not typing for the sake of typing, I'm typing to inform, educate, help, and dispute, among other things.

I do know of many humorless posts that have received dozens of likes - Heck, I've even made a few of them. However, I can definitely agree that they are uncommon, particularly on a thread that isn't controversial or thought-provoking.
If it makes you feel any better, I really do appreciate your posts. I've seen a few, and I honestly am left speechless some of the time, just trying to wrap my head around what you say. (This is probably the longest reply I've ever been able to think of in response to one of your posts, haha.)

Haha, it's fine :p I know that it was meant as a joke, and
yus im vry jelos of us poztz n likz cont ;'c

I personally think that it's really good that you post only if you find necessary. I should probably slow down posting too, but then I'd lose my spot on the Top Posters list too fast ;)
But I don't really see you post all that often, and I'm a bit short on time to reply to these other posts ( :c) so I'm too lazy to go through your recent posts haha

Yep! I really agree.
If someone new to the MCSG forums were to post this thread, they would almost definitely get less replies and attention. Looking at some of the other replies on this thread, I'm seeing things like "Nice job moo c;" and "Thanks for bringing this up, Moo" - I won't quote any more because I'm sure you can find them just by looking through the thread. But I feel like that goes to show that it wasn't necessarily the thread that was good, but the reputation or general outlook on the thread creator (who just so happens to be me). While the thread may have had a good message, it wasn't just that which supposedly captured the attention spans of the people who posted here.
(And I don't mean to come across as cocky or anything by saying this, but I think other posts have already kind of proved my point.)

Yes :/ It took me over a year of total time being registered on the forums before I reached Active Member (Although I wasn't really an active forumer until about 3 months or so before I actually got it.) And seeing people get it so unfairly within so little time is just... disappointing.

Okay I have to quickly post this before my mom unplugs the internet, so sorry if I missed replying to anyone's post. Just pretend you're me and think of what I'd say XD
Aright, here's what I think you'd say:
RC, you are totally, utterly, and absolutely correct. You are so perfect that you should be the model that all future Ken dolls should be based on. That was the most beautiful piece of literature I have ever read and it will surely be an instant American Classic.

That was kinda fun to write XD I need start giving all of my compliments like that, it's certainly more dramatic.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Not at all! Theres a reason you got 2nd place on best forum poster of the MCSG awards, and you deserve it! :)
And yes some of the other posts have proved both my point and yours. A good example of what I mean is what happens on youtube... that one empty post that comes with the upload of the video will always get a ton of likes, despite being a completely empty post (referring to popular youtubers of course, if you go to my videos they wont ahve a single like xD). :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci