• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum Achievements - High Post Counts [rant ;-;]

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
#1kPostLegitlyClub ^-^
There really is no "legit" way to get 1000 posts, one person could think it's legit to spam forum games all day, but another person (like myself, Moo, and probably all of the "hardcore" forumers) think it's legit to post paragraph posts instead of 2 word posts in clan threads/forum games.

Then again, forum games were created for a reason and they are meant to be used, now that much? I don't know. But recently I've been seeing people getting mega-pissed at people who spam forum games these days. I find that a tad bit unfair, as we all know of the legendary forum spammer toby22 who never got this much hate, but by this standard, shouldn't you forumers have given toby just as much hate as you're giving these guys?

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
There really is no "legit" way to get 1000 posts, one person could think it's legit to spam forum games all day, but another person (like myself, Moo, and probably all of the "hardcore" forumers) think it's legit to post paragraph posts instead of 2 word posts in clan threads/forum games.

Then again, forum games were created for a reason and they are meant to be used, now that much? I don't know. But recently I've been seeing people getting mega-pissed at people who spam forum games these days. I find that a tad bit unfair, as we all know of the legendary forum spammer toby22 who never got this much hate, but by this standard, shouldn't you forumers have given toby just as much hate as you're giving these guys?
It's partially because there are more "serious" people, partially because there are more people doing it, and partially because it seems that a ton of games nowadays are just counting.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
It's partially because there are more "serious" people, partially because there are more people doing it, and partially because it seems that a ton of games nowadays are just counting.
True, but toby did abuse the counting games, but no one gave him hate for it, that's what really pissing me off because this thread is basically a dig at the "forum spammers", if you will. But toby...? Nooo. He got immunity to this kind of hate. Maybe there are more serious people on the forums now a days, but I've seen the same forumers constantly getting mad at spammers for inflating postcount. But why? Why should you care what they do. It does nothing to affect you or anything around you. So why care?

Sorry for straying off topic, I kind of was just typing stuff down as I thought it :p

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
[After a long-awaited not-so-short leave of absence from posting on the forums, I am back]

I totally agree with you Moo, people nowadays are spamming threads and have a basic knowledge that when they reach 1000 posts they get a "rank". The forums aren't supposed to be that way, the forums have been proposed and put up to allow people to express their feelings/complaints/State their opinions. Not for one-word or a single digit answer. I have been here for a few months now, and I have just cracked the 665+ post mark. I'm still substantially away from my target, but I post replies based on expressing my opinions and views on the subject. The forums have changed. I don't seem to like it anymore. Hence why I left.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
[After a long-awaited not-so-short leave of absence from posting on the forums, I am back]

I totally agree with you Moo, people nowadays are spamming threads and have a basic knowledge that when they reach 1000 posts they get a "rank". The forums aren't supposed to be that way, the forums have been proposed and put up to allow people to express their feelings/complaints/State their opinions. Not for one-word or a single digit answer. I have been here for a few months now, and I have just cracked the 665+ post mark. I'm still substantially away from my target, but I post replies based on expressing my opinions and views on the subject. The forums have changed. I don't seem to like it anymore. Hence why I left.
It also bothers me that if you like spam enough, you get a special achievement... staph incentivising un-legit methods of getting likes/messages MCG ;-;

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
It also bothers me that if you like spam enough, you get a special achievement... staph incentivising un-legit methods of getting likes/messages MCG ;-;
Like-spams essentially ruin the journey of obtaining enough posts and likes for the rank. It's no fun cheating.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
On the topic of spam posting -
I used to play forum games a lot, spammed a bunch there, but I didn't do it for posts. It did get me somewhere obviously, but that was mostly because I had joined the forums so early and got a headstart in posting over most other people. Eventually, myself and a handful of other people turned the forum games into less of a spamming place and more of a casual hangout place, where you can sort of spam but actually enjoy a conversation with another human being. We would constantly trying to get other people to stop spamming too, and we for the most part succeeded. More than a year ago, Stijn and I both stopped posting in the forum games (him everywhere else too :p) and the forum games went back to their spammy origins.

In my case, it may have been spamming, but it wasn't all I did. At the time, I still did my best to write good posts and I even tried to come up with Feature Suggestions pretty frequently, and I could always write a lot about those. Like most of the other people here, some of the people that have recently been achieving high post counts I haven't even heard of. It's been suggested before that posts in the forum games and clan sections don't count, why I'm not entirely against, but I think it would be infinitely better if people just stopped spamming for posts. It doesn't get you anywhere.

On the topic of likes/like spamming -
In my opinion, likes should be given as a sign of respect for a certain post, or appreciation for a status and things like that. Then, people turned it into trying to get as many likes as possible. I admit, I care about how many likes I get. But I wouldn't want to get them by someone spending 15 minutes to just give me a thousand likes on my posts and statuses. Certain popular people on the forums also get like spammed for no reason, putting them high on the Top Liked list. They are people that have put very little effort into their posts, but have gotten their friends to give them tons of likes and other things like that.

People have often commented on the fact that my post-like count is significantly worse than a lot of people (it used to be like 6-1 around the point where I had 6000 posts), and that's because even if I was the top poster, I wasn't the most popular person in terms of every time I make a post it gets a like (I also believe that 2 years ago when the forums were new, people gave each other likes significantly less often). There are people now that get more than 5 likes every time they post a small status and don't even have to increase their post count.

This semi-rant may have a really weird form, but it made sense in my head and I'm not really interested in looking it over right now :p

Reaction score
I refuse to play most forum games until I get 1,000 posts. I don't want to have a thousand messages just saying "1" "2" "3" etc.. I watch what I post and try not to double post. When I go on some clan threads, I see spam posts (usually triple posts) about useless information that no one needs to see. I agree with everything you said, Moo.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Mooclan is right, and I cannot say enough that I may be one of those people. I have 800 or so posts and maybe 200 likes. I always strive to write enjoyable and well thought out content, though sometimes (like now) I am on my phone and cannot really access a keyboard, the way a forumer can communicate with agility and accuracy. I must say, I admire your work mooclan and will strive to be more inthralling as I write.

Granted you may not find me on forum games, my useless posts are normally found on clan threads. Also, my helpful posts are normally just tagging a mod on a thread with a rule breaker.

Who like a post that says at [insert random mod] please lock the thread?

:p

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci