• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum Achievements - High Post Counts [rant ;-;]

Cern

Platinum
Reaction score
Sounds cool, I agree.

Jk, this is actually a good rant to have, I have seen more and more people achieve active member within a matter of days/weeks without notice, then make a thread about 1k posts. Nice job, Moo c;

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
honestly, i know of about 4 top posters who did stuff like this :p. Spam games and whatnot. Also, i've seen a few people make fake accounts to like all their posts. This is how you see some ppl with like 5k likes and 500 posts xD. not always the situation, but it does happen haha.

CrystalKnowledge

Experienced
Reaction score
I honestly couldn't agree with this more. Even though I don't really see 1K posts as some kind of "Major Accomplishment" (With each and every post you make you should try and make it just as worthwhile as the one before it) I see why people can appreciate the milestone. With forum games you'll constantly find people just racking up posts. I honestly wish posts in the "Forum Games" category didn't even count as posts: that would stop spammers like that dead in their tracks.
Another thing I don't like is when people "Like-Spam" people just because they're trying to be nice. I understand it's for good intentions but that's really not why people should be getting likes, and seeing people with like 15,000 likes when they've only posted 2,000 or so messages is kind of ridiculous.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Um...to any people who's seen me on the forums....have I contributed in a positive way? Like...do I deserve the title "Active Member"?

Or am I one of them? Cuz I'm really not too sure...
I went through a few pages of your recent posts. I did see you posting on some forum games and other short posts, but it was mostly because you were able to condense what you wanted to say into a small, short message. What I was ranting about was more generic, useless posts, whereas you still change it up, give your posts variation, and you also do post useful things pretty often enough (Even if they're short)
./smack [cadbane4321]
I completely agree with this.
I see people bragging about their "active member" when as you stated all they have done is make useless threads, and make useless comment I fail to see why.
I also don't take likes into perspective. I think that many people get liked spam.
How I view someone is by what I see them post.
For an example whenever I see Mooclan post, I expect a good helpful post/thread.
I won't name the opposite of this, because I don't want to start a flame war.

So yeah, my message of this post is simply, don't judge a player from their likes/posts. Judge them from what you see of them.
Yeah. I generally don't take likes into account if the person actually posts useful things. If I have absolutely no idea what they've been posting for the past 2 months and suddenly they pop up and say, "Hey! 2k likes!" then of course I know they've been likespammed.
But if they have a ton of posts and very few likes, then what does that say about them..? - That they either post in very obscure places where their posts are quickly forgotten and passed over, or that the content that they post is of a low quality, whether it be lacking humor, information, or is just spam.
Sounds cool, I agree.

Jk, this is actually a good rant to have, I have seen more and more people achieve active member within a matter of days/weeks without notice, then make a thread about 1k posts. Nice job, Moo c;
/kill resistantcorn12
But yeah. I feel as if Active Member has really gone down in significance -Not just because there's more and more people reaching it, but because more people are reaching it without going through any difficulty. They get it way too easily compared to Active Members in the past, even before I got it.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
On the subject of likes, even they are not a very great indicator of how meaningful a person's post is. The posts with a lot of likes are usually jokes. The most likes I have ever seen a humorless, nom-front-page post get is about six. It seems to be my specialty to tick people off when I make long posts. People usually say rude things to me in response because my opinions are usually far out and I do not fit in here very well. I don't care. As long as I can open people's eyes to a new perspective that's all that matters.

Mooclan is a very good example of someone who avoids both meaningless posts and can also avoid ticking people off. He's also positive and not too extreme. He doesn't make messages such as "Cool", "GG", "I agree", or "LeafyGreenTea."

I think that a good post should be more than a line long, add a new perspective or opinion, and not be part of a ridiculous argument. If there is much to be said, then go ahead and say it. If your opinion has already been stated several times over, then don't post at all. Also, off topic posts shouldn't count toward post count at all, nor their likes. The point of those games is to have a little fun, not to show how much you have contributed. Thank you for another thoughtful thread, Mooclan.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Along with this, there are people I recognize who I'm surprised to see have about 200-500 posts. I feel like it shows that you just want a fancy rank. I myself have spammed the games, but not until after I got active member. That was because I actually read what people said and realized that wasn't the way to go about it. Most people who do the one line responses do t actually read and it makes their posts stupid and many forimers find them obnoxious *cough* TheCornStealer *cough* sorry but it's true :3

Toe

District 13
Reaction score
This makes me wonder if I am one of those people? Have I gotten my name out there? I mean, I am fairly well known though back in my Noobie days of foruming, I admit I did just spam forum games. Now, I like to slow down and I only post if I find it necessary to. Thanks for bringing this up Moo!

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Just thought of something... If theres one thing that all recogizable people have is that they have pretty much guaranteed likes.
I dont want to sound mean, but we all know lots of people just like posts because of who made it rather than because of its conent.
What Im going with this is that when people have lots of likes its not always because they make good posts all the time, and at the same time, its not their fault either.

Oh god... I dont know whats wrong with me today, Im struggleing to explain my thoughts more than I usually do lol Took me like 20 minutes both to make this post and the first one I made on this thread. (Just ignore my ironic stupid joke lol)

J

Joel/MadDawg

As a person that took months to reach active member, I'll admit it's disheartening when I see people get the rank in a week by spamming games and getting their friends to like all their posts. However, I don't think this behavior will stop anytime soon. "Active Member" is a rank that a lot of people want but few have the patience to earn. Heck, as long as ranks have been around on anything in the world people have found ways to bend the rules and get them quick. The only way to stop this problem would be to remove ranks entirely, and I don't think anyone wants to do that.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Just thought of something... If theres one thing that all recogizable people have is that they have pretty much guaranteed likes.
I dont want to sound mean, but we all know lots of people just like posts because of who made it rather than because of its conent.
What Im going with this is that when people have lots of likes its not always because they make good posts all the time, and at the same time, its not their fault either.

Oh god... I dont know whats wrong with me today, Im struggleing to explain my thoughts more than I usually do lol Took me like 20 minutes both to make this post and the first one I made on this thread. (Just ignore my ironic stupid joke lol)
I know what you mean and I see it too. Posts that really aren't that special get likes because it's a well-known person.

I've been kinda ranty about this stuff for a long time, but I've stopped being as vocal about it. I doubt this kinda stuff will ever go away, but you can clearly see the difference in someone who makes good posts and who does not. A lot of times people who get lots of posts and likes without really deserving the titles get lots of traffic on the profile and stuff, but you can see that people who really earned it get more respect. In the end, people (including myself) will recognize you more if you try to have good quality.

Honestly, people like billyguy1 having a ton of likes doesn't irritate me much; not only does Billy being a good guy make it not irritating but he knows that he didn't legitimately earn them all and acknowledges the fact. It only really bothers me when people think that having a bunch of like-spammed likes and spam posts makes them better forumers than others or when they otherwise brag about it. I've had people say they have a better post to like ratio than me, but not only was mine very close but I also didn't spam forum games or ask people to like me (not to mention having 10x the posts >.>).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci