• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rod.

I

iL3GIT

I've been wondering if It's useful to use the fishing rod tactic. I've been using it and I'm not bad at it. Any tips with it? Thanks!

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
It knock people back generally throughong them offguard, otherwise, yes it is helpful.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
This is probably the first 'new world' pvp tactic, which is one of the reasons it is very popular. Most pvp strategies are based off the hit and run tactic, which the fishing rod fully uses.

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't use it as amazing as xSwagGiraffe to make people lose their sprint, but I use it for getting the stun effect on occasions for incredible conbos

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I would highly recommend using it, yes...although not until you're ready.

Honestly, I would recommend getting a feel for just regular sword combat first. If you aren't good at that in itself, then I wouldn't recommend getting too reliant on the fishing rod or putting too much attention towards it wrongly.

Personally, I think it's better to learn it for yourself than take everyone elses advice to heart: That's how I did it. Back in my day, there was no "fishing rod" tactic that everyone knew about: I taught myself entirely, and I feel that I've developed my own way of using it slightly different from everyone else who followed suit. There's more to learning how to effectively hit people with it than just "stunning" them, in my opinion, and limiting yourself to learning just this "stunning" would be such a shame. (Stunning being in quotations because I, put quite bluntly, don't quite like when people use that word for it's use. It's not that I believe it's an inappropriate word to use for it, I just feel it's misleading to how it actually works.)

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I would highly recommend using it, yes...although not until you're ready.

Honestly, I would recommend getting a feel for just regular sword combat first. If you aren't good at that in itself, then I wouldn't recommend getting too reliant on the fishing rod or putting too much attention towards it wrongly.

Personally, I think it's better to learn it for yourself than take everyone elses advice to heart: That's how I did it. Back in my day, there was no "fishing rod" tactic that everyone knew about: I taught myself entirely, and I feel that I've developed my own way of using it slightly different from everyone else who followed suit. There's more to learning how to effectively hit people with it than just "stunning" them, in my opinion, and limiting yourself to learning just this "stunning" would be such a shame. (Stunning being in quotations because I, put quite bluntly, don't quite like when people use that word for it's use. It's not that I believe it's an inappropriate word to use for it, I just feel it's misleading to how it actually works.)
If I may ask, how exactly do you use it different from others? (unless it's like top secret information lol)

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
If I may ask, how exactly do you use it different from others? (unless it's like top secret information lol)
It would take a while to explain, (And you don't want to see me take a while to explain. Trust me, my posts can get long enough as it is. :p) and to be quite honest, I feel a lot of people wouldn't even understand. It really does require an advanced knowledge of all the little quirks of Minecraft and it's PvP mechanics...Put quite simply: I feel people are just limiting themselves to the "stunning" ability of the rod and not attempting to explore it's other advantages that, if you really took the time to think about, can be lifesavers. It's even just the simple things like knocking people into walls or away from the water on breeze island so you can close in from the center that I've seen very, very few people actually do in comparison to the amount of fishing rod users I've seen. In this way, I feel I use the fishing rod as a movement manipulator on enemies to predict and control their movements rather than some sort of projectile that stuns temporarily.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
It would take a while to explain, (And you don't want to see me take a while to explain. Trust me, my posts can get long enough as it is. :p) and to be quite honest, I feel a lot of people wouldn't even understand. It really does require an advanced knowledge of all the little quirks of Minecraft and it's PvP mechanics...Put quite simply: I feel people are just limiting themselves to the "stunning" ability of the rod and not attempting to explore it's other advantages that, if you really took the time to think about, can be lifesavers. It's even just the simple things like knocking people into walls or away from the water on breeze island so you can close in from the center that I've seen very, very few people actually do in comparison to the amount of fishing rod users I've seen. In this way, I feel I use the fishing rod as a movement manipulator on enemies to predict and control their movements rather than some sort of projectile that stuns temporarily.

Understood completely; I do the same :0

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score

In my opinion the fishing rod is an extended hand. Most players feel if a player isn't in their sword reach they can't do anything but chase them. I believe that if they are in reach of my fishing rod that there is something I can do. I basically use it for everything. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci