• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rod Issues

Would you like the fishing rod to be removed from the game?

• Yes. Remove it from the game.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • No; keep the fishing rod as it is.

Votes: 53 86.9%
  • Yes and no; remove it from chests but still allow it to be crafted.

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

xExodus

Tribute
Reaction score
PvP = fishing rod.
That's the only thing I wanna say ;)

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
Fun fact: 96.12469% of people who want fishing rods removed are mad because they always die to players better with a rod than they are!!
Fun fact only 2 want them removed look at the poll and stop making up random numbers.

YoungWolfyy_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you can't handle the F rod, then move on. There's nothing you can do about it. People train hard to use the F rod, you just have to train harder to get it in your groove.

Jepp

Career
Reaction score
dood i kno wat u men cuz i wus facing a skrub de oder dai nd he rekt me 10 hearts cuz fishy poly, but den, i mastred de secondary, nd i is nou bettr den lefygrentea
mlg 360rodscop teech me ur weys

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
I think about 99% of you are missing my point.
I don't want to learn how to use the fishing rod.
It is not a normal method of fighting; it's a weird glitch in the game that just so happens to improve your pvp if you master it.
I also know how to use the fishing rod. Don't tell me I just have to master it to be a good player!

To everyone saying it helps under-armored people take down full iron tanks with iron swords....WELL it JUST SO HAPPENS that you can do this with superior sword/pvp skills TOO! Who would have thought?

Oh and to end this off...to the people who have the balls to say I "have a long way to go to be good at pvp" - you all literally the worst type of people. That is all.

Codered1218

Experienced
Reaction score
The beginning of this this thread was honestly painful to read. FnS I don't believe was meant for PvP. It was meant for burning things down, lighting, and setting off TNT. Yet we utilize the fact it can be used for PvP, just like we do with the fishing rod.

I don't want to learn how to use the fishing rod.
So this is what it all comes down too. Removing an integral part of PvP in MCSG just because someone doesn't want to use it should never happen. If you don't want to use it, that is your choice, and we are fine with it. Wanting to have it removed because your unwillingness to use it is a completely different story. Being able to hit people with the rod is not a glitch. It is the way Bukkit works, so why not utilize it?

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Fun fact only 2 want them removed look at the poll and stop making up random numbers.
Erm...I'm not pretending that the numbers are real....... and how would the poll tell you anything about what I said........

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
The beginning of this this thread was honestly painful to read. FnS I don't believe was meant for PvP. It was meant for burning things down, lighting, and setting off TNT. Yet we utilize the fact it can be used for PvP, just like we do with the fishing rod.

So this is what it all comes down too. Removing an integral part of PvP in MCSG just because someone doesn't want to use it should never happen. If you don't want to use it, that is your choice, and we are fine with it. Wanting to have it removed because your unwillingness to use it is a completely different story. Being able to hit people with the rod is not a glitch. It is the way Bukkit works, so why not utilize it?
First of all, it was quite rude to say that my well thought-out and planned argument was "painful to read." I wouldn't expect something like that from a moderator. Whatever.

Anyways...no, the point of this thread is to try and get pvp to be more balanced. Flint and steel are much, much less overpowered in comparison to the fishing rod. This is not all about me, and don't make it out to be like that. I don't use the rod because it's ridiculously overpowered and unbalanced; this is my way of refusing to support it. As I've said to someone else before (and I don't care if you're a mod), take your uneducated comments elsewhere.

TL;DR - The point is that I don't want an OP item like the fishing rod to be an "integral part of PvP in MCSG," and your comments were under the expectations of what I think a mod would hold themself too.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci