• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rod Issues

Would you like the fishing rod to be removed from the game?

• Yes. Remove it from the game.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • No; keep the fishing rod as it is.

Votes: 53 86.9%
  • Yes and no; remove it from chests but still allow it to be crafted.

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
As we all know, the fishing rod is an item of controversy in mcsg. Here's the main 3 reasons:
  • Grants huge advantage to anyone who knows how to use it in a fight
  • Can have unlimited uses if you switch to a weapon after rodding someone
  • Causes unnecessarily drawn-out water fights
Argument: Maybe I'm the only one, but I find the fishing rod to simply be an unfair element of the core mcsg gameplay. I say that having it in the game just causes frustration for many new, unlearned players, and does not really improve the gameplay among pvp veterans. Why don't we purify the pvp: make it simple bow, sword, and flint&steel fights. The fishing rod glitch (or exploit, call it what you will) does devastating damage compared to just using the sword as intended, and does decidedly unfair damage when combined with a critical hit. Also, many players have voiced their dislike of water pvp and fishing rods do nothing but add another annoying element to water chases. Lastly, the unlimited uses factor sends the fishing rod over the edge of unnecessary. The glitch was already described above. From a purely objective standpoint it makes no sense to have fishing rods so freely available in the game, for the reasons listed. So...

Proposition: Remove fishing rods from chests. OR at least test it out on a portion of the servers to see if people are happy with the change. Yes, I know fishing rods can be made with 3 sticks and 2 string, but at least they would be much less common if crafting was the only way to obtain them. Personally I think it would be best to just remove string as well, so fishing rods simply won't be available.

Thanks for reading. I only wish for the pvp here to improve, for myself and others. I don't want this thread to turn into any kind of flame war, but I do wish to pose this request. Have a good day.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Part of being a good PvPer is being able to master all of your secondaries, and just because you haven't yet doesn't mean they should be removed from MCSG. All of the "good" players once went through the struggle you're going through now. As long as you remain persistent and practice, you'll become just as skilled with the rod as other players.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
Damn guys calm down. This was never meant to be a place for insults.
Part of being a good PvPer is being able to master all of your secondaries, and just because you haven't yet doesn't mean they should be removed from MCSG. All of the "good" players once went through the struggle you're going through now. As long as you remain persistent and practice, you'll become just as skilled with the rod as other players.
And actually, just no. To this entire statement. I've been here since April 2012, and I am a very experienced player with a lot of wins. I'm not saying I'm insane or anything, but I know what I'm doing. Mastering one little aspect does not make you "good" at all. I flat out refuse to use the fishing rod because I disagree with its effect on the gameplay. Take your uneducated statements elsewhere, please.

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
Your cray some people don't know how to use fns they don't remove that! The rod and the other secondary weps are an aspect of pvp. Deal with it.
No UR crazy fishing rods are the best of the best they shouldn't get removed

And actually, just no. To this entire statement. I've been here since April 2012, and I am a very experienced player with a lot of wins. I'm not saying I'm insane or anything, but I know what I'm doing. Mastering one little aspect does not make you "good" at all. I flat out refuse to use the fishing rod because I disagree with its effect on the gameplay. Take your uneducated statements elsewhere, please.
I see no insults please enlighten me.
Edit: I dinks we more educated about this topic than you seeing as we learned and mastered the rods

Sixorr

Diamond
Reaction score

Well that was rude..

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
No

Edit: are you guys even capable of diplomatic discussion? dear god this is dissapointing
Diplomatic? Our answers were no. We also gave reasons for why. As far as I'm concerned that's as diplomatic as this community gets. Sorry if that's not the feedback you wanted also, using beeg werd mek u seem lik scrub.
Side note: You consider those insults? Jeez go show this thread to any high ranked clan, they'll show you insults.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
Diplomatic? Our answers were no. We also gave reasons for why. As far as I'm concerned that's as diplomatic as this community gets. Sorry if that's not the feedback you wanted also, using beeg werd mek u seem lik scrub.
Side note: You consider those insults? Jeez go show this thread to any high ranked clan, they'll show you insults.
I know insults; I play league of legends. Besides, the reasons given were complete garbage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci