• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rod - Change of Purpose

What do you think of this idea

• I like it

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Actually, back when I first joined, I specifically remember you still sticking around for about a week or two before disappearing. I specifically remember a thread made by you where you killed Zeejayy with a fishing rod in SG3 while he was on a boat in corn...xD I did know you existed, way back before anyone knew I did.

I'd never fought you, though, so I wouldn't know what else you did with it.
Oh yeah, and then they had to nerf the boat toss glitch
:(
we even made a course for it on the creative server that Karoleigh loved. but they also deleted the plots and started anew...

and that's what I meant, instead of "not knowing each other", it was actually "never fought each other", or even "never been in the same lobby as each other."

Check out 6:25 at this vid and tell me that's the tactic we've been talking about this whole time (getting rid of their momentum, stumbling them backwards and greatly reducing their reach while getting combo-locked in a series of 5+ hits and probable death)

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Heh, funny, I just saw you in a video when looking into this subject.

Not long after this video came out, I saw egrodo do something very similar to what I do now...between 3:20 and 4:30 in the video, you will see him use the fishing rod to collect his arrow, but later mid combat with you, he'll try to use it again:
It was then I decided that if egrodo did something similar...and I had the idea...I'd try it. This was "several months ago", when Kony said the EU players started. My proof I started at around this time? Not much of any, I'll try to see what I can find, though.

So no. I wasn't the first you saw. Egrodo never did land a hit in that video to my knowledge, though, and he didn't do it primarily like I do. He kinda "invented it", but you never know what his real intent was exactly. Maybe he wanted to knock the person back to run and shoot another arrow? I won't know since the rod missed.
True, and I fail-boated in that video by the way :p

mekval

Experienced
Reaction score
Yes I really think theye should make the durabillity much lower to about maybe 15-30 uses.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes I really think theye should make the durabillity much lower to about maybe 15-30 uses.
That's what it is right now. It actually breaks quite quickly when you use it on people as of late.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Really cause when I see people using it, it feels like much more:p
When I use it, it doesn't use durability. Minecraft currently has a bug where you can avoid making it use durability while still getting the knockback hit on somebody. I do it on accident because it's so easy to accidentally do. >.>

mekval

Experienced
Reaction score
When I use it, it doesn't use durability. Minecraft currently has a bug where you can avoid making it use durability while still getting the knockback hit on somebody. I do it on accident because it's so easy to accidentally do. >.>
Yea I use it to boost teammates and to go away from teams. I like to avoid water xD

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Only if there is a way to keep the knockback?

Right-click to cast it: knockback.
Left-click to cast it: dragback.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci