• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rod - Change of Purpose

What do you think of this idea

• I like it

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Then would be no punch...no
Then the other way around, that way it swings as well as casts knockback so it's a win/win? :3 I was thinking the other way around because it may confuse players as it's default right-click.

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score
Then the other way around, that way it swings as well as casts knockback so it's a win/win? :3 I was thinking the other way around because it may confuse players as it's default right-click.
I wouldn't be able to punch people with my fishing rod
I dunz layk et

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Only if there is a way to keep the knockback?

Right-click to cast it: knockback.
Left-click to cast it: dragback.
I actually would really like this feature, as I tend to you use the fishing rod in both forms, though it only works halfway in its current state. My key use of the fishing rod is to disrupt a players' movement, and this can be used in many different situations. In water, to knock someone away, on land to cause a small amount of knockback and a disturbance of their sprint in order to get a few extra hits and avoid crits, and, finally, to stop people from running away. I do actually hit people with a fishing rod when they are running away from me on land, and this is actually a really useful tactic, but it only works halfway. As it currently stands, you can disrupt their sprint and thus have the chance to catch up, but the true purpose is to bring the two of you closer together, which would be really nice if you could actually do. It would also allow for some really advanced PvP tactics, with drawing someone in with the fishing pole, using the surprise to dart behind them, getting a few hits, and knocking them away when they are able to recover. The more versatile a weapon is, the more it offers to PvP, and frankly I feel that the fishing pole needs some more versatility.

sionghwee

Experienced
Reaction score
the fishrod at the right angle can boost your speed at any area :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci