• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rod - Change of Purpose

What do you think of this idea

• I like it

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

Yomega

Career
Reaction score
I was playing a different hunger games server, one that involved kits. There was this one kit called fisherman. This involved spawning with a fishing rod, obviously. The main purpose of this fishing rod is that when you fish someone with it, it pulls them towards you, much like it does with mobs. I was thinking that maybe the fishing rod's purpose could change to this. Nerf it by making it break easier like the flint and steel, harder to find, or both. What do you guys think?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Seeing as this is the complete opposite of what fishing rods are used for right now (knock back) I think there should be someway of choosing what you want to do, and if you choose to do this it breaks the fishing rod a lot more and drags the target towards you.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I definitely would not want a complete change, the knock back is amazing against teams. If there were a way to have both, that would be cool, but that may be hard to do.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I have already invented a method of using them for combat purposes without a special plugin for it. I see no reason to change it. :p

I'd also hate to have it pull them to me. The entire reason I use them right now is to get them away from me and knock them backwards, not pull them towards me. xD

Gamer101luke

District 13
Reaction score
Fishing poles hold not have any special purpose because they are in my opinion on of the most useful tools in some maps

Reaction score
We shouldn't implement ANYTHING from MCPVP HG to MCSG. No-No for me.
People need to stop with the hatred to MCPVP, the HG's are great. They're a different game altogether and are honestly very fun, more fun than SG on map 4 in my opinion. People need to stop comparing the 2, the Hunger Games are based directly on the books more or less. Our servers are based on a PvP map by vareide based on the hunger games.
This is like when someone suggests a Cod style voting system, which isn't bad, and people begin to spam the thread saying 'OH NOI, COD IS BAD SO UR BAD EHRMAHGURD"
So yep, on topic.
I say no, I just want fishing rods to be nerfed in duribility, but this seems both less useful and more useful.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
People need to stop with the hatred to MCPVP, the HG's are great. They're a different game altogether and are honestly very fun, more fun than SG on map 4 in my opinion. People need to stop comparing the 2, the Hunger Games are based directly on the books more or less. Our servers are based on a PvP map by vareide based on the hunger games.
This is like when someone suggests a Cod style voting system, which isn't bad, and people begin to spam the thread saying 'OH NOI, COD IS BAD SO UR BAD EHRMAHGURD"
So yep, on topic.
I say no, I just want fishing rods to be nerfed in duribility, but this seems both less useful and more useful.
You get a like for saying it's more than SG4 :p

The minecraft Hunger Games is a direct combination of Minecraft Survival (with the mining and such essentials) and the Hunger Games (the arena, killing).

MCSG is, like TheRandomMan1000 said, a PvP Minecraft minigame based off the Hunger Games series.

gotsteve

Platinum
Reaction score
You better not have been playing Mcpvp -.-
But I like the idea

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci