• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rod - Change of Purpose

What do you think of this idea

• I like it

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
They are both combat purposes, are they not? I used them both on land and in water and before you were even established at MCSG. I don't even know when you started playing this game, because you weren't even heard of when I played (summer to fall), I came back and you came out of nowhere, so you're not even in the position to claim you invented anything. Unless you're going by halfsquirrels logic...
If you don't want to believe it, that's fine - but I've never seen somebody use them the way I used them before. Nobody...I've seen many fishing rod strategies, including some you used, and none of them like mine until I started. All people I've talked to about similar methods to mine "Picked it up" from me, or another guy who picked it up from me. At least in MCSG, I was the first for this particular strategy.

Also - I've been playing Minecraft since 1.2_02 Beta. I didn't join MCSG until July, so I was a bit late to the party - I was pretty much a "noob", or otherwise invisible for lack of donor, until a month before I got mod, when I donated - and even then, there were just a few who knew who I was - mainly for my huge forum posts. It was directly after I got mod that I got good at the game and people knew who I was. I went from a noob to one of the more popular users on these servers in a day, and these were some of the days you were gone.

G33ke

Reaction score
I use it, lots of people use it D:
Fishing rods can knock people back and when you run into a fight you can stun and destroy

Not only this but when someone is running around the cornucopia on a map such as Breeze, it's useful to knock them off course so that you can catch up to them.
Essentially it can be used to stun, knock people into obstacles and push then outwards
mjwick taught a ton of EU players this technique months ago
You may be right - I wouldn't know because I don't play in EU. For some reason, word on things players do in the EU doesn't get out as much...odd.

I'll have to see exactly how you do it, though. Maybe I'll learn a thing or two. :p

Double post - my bad. >.>

Reaction score
If you don't want to believe it, that's fine - but I've never seen somebody use them the way I used them before. Nobody...I've seen many fishing rod strategies, including some you used, and none of them like mine until I started. All people I've talked to about similar methods to mine "Picked it up" from me, or another guy who picked it up from me. At least in MCSG, I was the first for this particular strategy.

Also - I've been playing Minecraft since 1.2_02 Beta. I didn't join MCSG until July, so I was a bit late to the party - I was pretty much a "noob", or otherwise invisible for lack of donor, until a month before I got mod, when I donated - and even then, there were just a few who knew who I was - mainly for my huge forum posts. It was directly after I got mod that I got good at the game and people knew who I was. I went from a noob to one of the more popular users on these servers in a day, and these were some of the days you were gone.
I started playing in beta 1.2_02 as well :D

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
To be honest, G33ke was the first person I have seen that used his tactic. Yeah, I called it "his" tactic because I am almost certain that he created it. If you need any proof, just watch him use it: he is a pro with it :D

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score
You may be right - I wouldn't know because I don't play in EU. For some reason, word on things players do in the EU doesn't get out as much...odd.

I'll have to see exactly how you do it, though. Maybe I'll learn a thing or two. :p

I'll make a pro montage with gangster music and stuff ;)
Double post?! You monster!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score

I started playing in beta 1.2_02 as well :D
I bought my account around that time and played a bit on it, learned about it in Alpha something and started actively playing it around beta 1.3 or 1.4 :p

G33ke

Reaction score
To be honest, G33ke was the first person I have seen that used his tactic. Yeah, I called it "his" tactic because I am almost certain that he created it. If you need any proof, just watch him use it: he is a pro with it :D
Heh, funny, I just saw you in a video when looking into this subject.

Not long after this video came out, I saw egrodo do something very similar to what I do now...between 3:20 and 4:30 in the video, you will see him use the fishing rod to collect his arrow, but later mid combat with you, he'll try to use it again:
It was then I decided that if egrodo did something similar...and I had the idea...I'd try it. This was "several months ago", when Kony said the EU players started. My proof I started at around this time? Not much of any, I'll try to see what I can find, though.

So no. I wasn't the first you saw. Egrodo never did land a hit in that video to my knowledge, though, and he didn't do it primarily like I do. He kinda "invented it", but you never know what his real intent was exactly. Maybe he wanted to knock the person back to run and shoot another arrow? I won't know since the rod missed.

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

Yeah, you became popular because of your stacked wins, mod status, forum dwelling and (possibly videos?), and I can see why you think you invented it. But me and my group of friends played this game like religion far before you did (and developed many tactics far before any of your followers saw them), and since I/we disappeared for up to 6 months, it'd be easy for anyone else to claim such things.
I wonder what else I missed.
Besides the release of Breeze Island.

Glad I missed that.

G33ke

Reaction score
Yeah, you became popular because of your stacked wins, mod status, forum dwelling and (possibly videos?), and I can see why you think you invented it. But me and my group of friends played this game like religion far before you did (and developed many tactics far before any of your followers saw them), and since I/we disappeared for up to 6 months, it'd be easy for anyone else to claim such things.
I wonder what else I missed.
Besides the release of Breeze Island.

Glad I missed that.
No, I don't make videos. (Yet, I'll try, a lot of people have been asking me to recently.) But otherwise, surprisingly, no, it wasn't my wins. Moreso my win/lose ratio I don't believe I deserved, and my jump in points (averaged 6000-8000 points pretty easily...before I bountied.) Mod helped with it a lot, too. Most of my popularity came from a number of things happening at once.

No, I never got to saw your tactics, which is a shame. But you have just as much proof on your side as I do mine that you did it or anything similar before me.

I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself - I'm arguing in a topic whether I invented something or not...I didn't realize that until now. I think I'm going too far into this. >.> This is the one problem I have - sometimes, I try a little to hard to defend my title that doesn't need defending. I should stop now. <.<

Edit: This topic has also gone far off topic. I really think I should stop now. :p

Edit 2: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/how-do-you-pvp.18816/#post-153223
About 3 and a half months ago.
Okay now I'll stop. >.>

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No, I don't make videos. (Yet, I'll try, a lot of people have been asking me to recently.) But otherwise, surprisingly, no, it wasn't my wins. Moreso my win/lose ratio I don't believe I deserved, and my jump in points (averaged 6000-8000 points pretty easily...before I bountied.) Mod helped with it a lot, too. Most of my popularity came from a number of things happening at once.

No, I never got to saw your tactics, which is a shame. But you have just as much proof on your side as I do mine that you did it or anything similar before me.

I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself - I'm arguing in a topic whether I invented something or not...I didn't realize that until now. I think I'm going too far into this. >.> This is the one problem I have - sometimes, I try a little to hard to defend my title that doesn't need defending. I should stop now. <.<

Edit: This topic has also gone far off topic. I really think I should stop now. :p
It's okay. We were both dominant in our separate time frames. I had no idea who you were when I played and you had no idea who I was when you played. It's not like I'm saying you copied me or anything (which is absurd, we've never even heard of eachother) but I'm saying you didn't invent the stun/knockback. You have many people claiming you did, and that's because they were "born" into your time frame and looked up to one of the most popular people, you, while not even hearing of me because I'm an ancient compared to them :p

G33ke

Reaction score
It's okay. We were both dominant in our separate time frames. I had no idea who you were when I played and you had no idea who I was when you played. It's not like I'm saying you copied me or anything (which is absurd, we've never even heard of eachother) but I'm saying you didn't invent the stun/knockback. You have many people claiming you did, and that's because they were "born" into your time frame and looked up to one of the most popular people, you, while not even hearing of me because I'm an ancient compared to them :p

Have one last say if you want but I'm going back to the topic,
Actually, back when I first joined, I specifically remember you still sticking around for about a week or two before disappearing. I specifically remember a thread made by you where you killed Zeejayy with a fishing rod in SG3 while he was on a boat in corn...xD I did know you existed, way back before anyone knew I did.

I'd never fought you, though, so I wouldn't know what else you did with it.

Reaction score
Actually, back when I first joined, I specifically remember you still sticking around for about a week or two before disappearing. I specifically remember a thread made by you where you killed Zeejayy with a fishing rod in SG3 while he was on a boat in corn...xD I did know you existed, way back before anyone knew I did.

I'd never fought you, though, so I wouldn't know what else you did with it.
I remember that thread xD They patched the boat thing the next day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci