• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Deathmatch Suggestions

Mason_DoesMC

Spectator
Reaction score
Like this post if you miss the days of the sand-falling lava arena!

Just kidding, don't like this post because I asked you to...that's just silly.
But yeah, lava DM arena was awesome!
Me and my friend would always win if we made to to dm in this death match arena.
Because there was a ledge on the outside that had a gate, so we would jump to ot and hold crouch and i once won with absolutely noithing, oh i miss mcsg V1

Mason_DoesMC

Spectator
Reaction score
brandon you could just make it so the tag above a players head is removed this will make people not able to say "Team (player)' as he cant see there name, and i think chat should be disabled in dm for the whole dm period as who needs to type? Besides teamers? But this will be removed once yo win so you can say 'Gg get rket 10hrts' ;)

AttackDog91

Diamond
Reaction score
brandon you could just make it so the tag above a players head is removed this will make people not able to say "Team (player)' as he cant see there name, and i think chat should be disabled in dm for the whole dm period as who needs to type? Besides teamers? But this will be removed once yo win so you can say 'Gg get rket 10hrts' ;)
That sounds like yet another idea, but you still have the sword to flash a team sign before the ten seconds are up. Say player A and player B spawned side by and had less armor than player C, they may flash a couple of quick "team" signs. Although the idea of disabling chat I have to agree on.

africanswallow

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the thread, but I'm not sure the idea will work 100%. For example, I'm in DM with two leather people, and I have full iron. Although they can't see each other, once the deathmatch actually starts they can flash their swords whenever then are close together.

Also, my own idea, why not do what alaskan village does, and spawn everyone farther away from each other? And why not just remove the deathmatch timer altogether?

AttackDog91

Diamond
Reaction score
I like the thread, but I'm not sure the idea will work 100%. For example, I'm in DM with two leather people, and I have full iron. Although they can't see each other, once the deathmatch actually starts they can flash their swords whenever then are close together.

Also, my own idea, why not do what alaskan village does, and spawn everyone farther away from each other? And why not just remove the deathmatch timer altogether?
Cannot agree more. But I still like the idea of disabling the chat ;)

Synzt

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, say for example you turn around a little bit, and you end up facing the wall. When deathmatch starts, you are already sprinting on your pedestal towards that direction. When the blindness wears off, you realise and you then you have to turn around or get yourself away from the wall, etc. I think it is a good idea, I'm just being Devil's Advocate :p
You get slowness, therefore, it's really hard to turn around

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
Amazing idea!
Well, say for example you turn around a little bit, and you end up facing the wall. When deathmatch starts, you are already sprinting on your pedestal towards that direction. When the blindness wears off, you realise and you then you have to turn around or get yourself away from the wall, etc. I think it is a good idea, I'm just being Devil's Advocate :p
The points you're making are fair I suppose BUT honestly 99% of people don't care about it that much Tbh. It's worth dealing with. In the end, accidentally walking into a wall for 1 second approx doesn't hurt you as much as getting teamed by kids who are too bad to win on their own and instead randy team (nobody freaking likes them it's annoying as hell.) I'm siding with brandon on this one.

QualiaV2

Experienced
Reaction score
Like this post if you miss the days of the sand-falling lava arena!

Just kidding, don't like this post because I asked you to...that's just silly.
But yeah, lava DM arena was awesome!
That was appallingly laggy

TheEhlien

Survivor
Reaction score
Maybe it would work better if it wasn't complete blindness, you could just see 2-3 blocks ahead of you so you're not running into a wall, although that may not work for maps with deathmatch pedestals that are close together.

Mint_Sibs

District 13
Reaction score
Well, it is possible that people could get disorientated when they spawn in and run into a wall or something. Or get stuck in the pedestal. I don't think that the 'cheap shots' are bad, I think if you are playing someone who is decked it is essential to get that shot to kill them.
It's not like only one person has the effects.. They all do... So it would be equal playing ground

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci