• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Deathmatch Suggestions

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
I just recently thought of an idea to hopefully reduce the amount of last second teaming during the 10 second countdown when the last 3 players get teleported to Deathmatch.

I think all players should get Blindness IV and maybe also chat disabled during this countdown. With the Blindness, players will not be able to see who is the more stacked player so he can ask the other one to team. Also disabling chat for those 10 seconds would make it impossible to ask for team during the countdown until the Deathmatch starts, but it would be inconvenient to type and ask for team once Deathmatch started. Not only that but it prevents the 'cheap' shot with the bow at the start of Deathmatch.

Next, I suggest letting people join games during Deathmatch. Has your friend ever told you " Join <server> and come spectate me." Then you try and join and it says " You cannot join during Deathmatch ". I don't understand why you can't, I can't think of any cons to letting people join in Deathmatch, you can't sponsor in Deathmatch to give someone an advantage so therefore I can't think of anything wrong with this suggestion.

Well, these are my 2 suggestions that I think would improve Deathmatch!

~Brandon6895

Last edited:

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
Well, it is possible that people could get disorientated when they spawn in and run into a wall or something. Or get stuck in the pedestal. I don't think that the 'cheap shots' are bad, I think if you are playing someone who is decked it is essential to get that shot to kill them.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
Well, it is possible that people could get disorientated when they spawn in and run into a wall or something. Or get stuck in the pedestal. I don't think that the 'cheap shots' are bad, I think if you are playing someone who is decked it is essential to get that shot to kill them.
The blindness wears off when Deathmatch starts so I don't see how someone could run into a wall.

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
Well, say for example you turn around a little bit, and you end up facing the wall. When deathmatch starts, you are already sprinting on your pedestal towards that direction. When the blindness wears off, you realise and you then you have to turn around or get yourself away from the wall, etc. I think it is a good idea, I'm just being Devil's Advocate :p

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I think this is a good idea, but it prevents you from being able to aim at the other people, or prepare yourself to run away...
Must you have time to prepare for everything? There's a reason why humans were born with fight-or-flight instincts, to act without thinking.

Frankly, I would love to see this implemented. If the thread dies down, I'll pimp smack Ava and necro it till the cows come home.

Cartercraft99

Experienced
Reaction score
It may make it inconvenient to team if this happens, as you said, but people will still team to take out the most stacked person. I think it's a good idea, but I don't think it would help every deathmatch you're in, but it could help some of the time.

BlackHead

Career
Reaction score
Joining while deathmatch is going on is disabled because it might cause some lag I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci