• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i did not contradict myself in anyway, people want BSM to use with 1.6 clients however that gives them an advantage over 1.7 as BSM IS an advantage.

Yes they are a primary issue however BSM is blocked so that makes it simple really so you have less to worry about I guess so do your job and get rid of those hackers too.:)
BSM does not give an advantage over 1.7, as stated many times in this thread.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Lol exactly what I said earlier. It really doesn't matter anymore. For the next.. like week or so.. players who can't play without optifine.. are just going to have to deal with it. There is nothing that can be done about that. We can't speed up that process. I just wanted to point out that bsm.. 1.7 are really the same exact thing.. regardlesss to what some people are saying. I feel like banning bsm was a bit.. pointless? after optifine updates, but I really have no problem whatsoever with it being banned.
There are minor differences as in BSM has the ability to permanently shift and deshift as well as the sprint button in 1.7.2 having a slight derp from time to time

BSM does not give an advantage over 1.7, as stated many times in this thread.
As I just stated there are minor differences in BSM and 1.7.2 which does make a difference. The sr. staff have made a decision so respect it. Do you question them when they make the servers work ? No ? Then trust that the sr staff have made the right call here too.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
There are minor differences as in BSM has the ability to permanently shift and deshift as well as the sprint button in 1.7.2 having a slight derp from time to time
if by minor you mean.. microscopic then yes xD <3. Holding a button.. compared to just tapping it once with bsm. Very minor difference, but yes still a difference. I am sure tho, that the slight derp thing isn't really intended. I say it will get worked out in time so that it doesn't derp :p.

Huahwi

Diamond
Reaction score
Auto-detect BSM? Sounds good to me. Could've been thought about earlier. But meh, ya'll have your reasons.
Anything to auto-detect illegal mods and hacks are good to hear.

1.7 sprint-key is awesome. But the problem is the No-cheat plugin. Holding the sprint-key while attacking will get you teleported back a few blocks back. Will there be any adjustments to this Chad?

Hazzy16

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I assume it'll take at least a month for Optifine to update, though. That's a few weeks without MCSG for me which I'm not very happy about. :( It might not seem like a long time to most people, but it does to me as that is enough for me to drop out of the 2nd page of the leaderboards which wasn't exactly easy to get to.
You can just play in 1.6.4 and have OF still ;)

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes, but it's a lot harder to win against 1.7 players. Didn't really enjoy the last few weeks, ever since 1.7 was released. I died a lot more than I usually do which made MCSG not fun for me.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Similar to what Reven and Voei have said, once Optifine updates to 1.7 it really doesn't matter whether BSM is banned or not. If people are able to use 1.7 instead, that is equal, or arguably better to any potential benefits provided by BSM, and I doubt anyone will really continue to use it. But until Optifine is updated to 1.7, BSM is as necessary as Optifine for players with bad computers to have an equal playing field. So personally, I think it should be allowed at least in this interim period, as it IS required for people to play and still have a fair chance at winning if they are unable to update to 1.7. Once Optifine updates and/or BSM develops new features that provide an unfair advantage over vanilla MC, go ahead and ban it. In the first case, it won't really matter to anyone, and the second is only fair. But in the present time, I see no reason for it to be banned, especially when people require it to play.

Mykul_

Diamond
Reaction score
Aaaand... As she's said God knows how many times before. Put her at a huge disadvantage compared to everyone on 1.7.2 since she wouldn't have a dedicated sprint key.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Yes, but it's a lot harder to win against 1.7 players. Didn't really enjoy the last few weeks, ever since 1.7 was released. I died a lot more than I usually do which made MCSG not fun for me.
think of this as a new challenge and I play on a terrible 15 fps netbook and I still enjoy the game. If I can then so can you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci