• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzy16

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Aaaand... As she's said God knows how many times before. Put her at a huge disadvantage compared to everyone on 1.7.2 since she wouldn't have a dedicated sprint key.
I still play in 1.6.2, like a few others, and we're ok ;)
Aaaand... As she's said God knows how many times before. Put her at a huge disadvantage compared to everyone on 1.7.2 since she wouldn't have a dedicated sprint key.
I was only trying to help, so don't be mean to someone trying to help ;)

Mykul_

Diamond
Reaction score
I still play in 1.6.2, like a few others, and we're ok ;)

I was only trying to help, so don't be mean to someone trying to help ;)
Not being mean, but if you had read the rest of where she had posted, you would realise that had been suggested already.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
I always thought you had a godly computer :/
lol nope I am actually really good at PvP on a decent comp but mine sucks :p just think of how hard I had to work to get Sr. Mod with this junk.
When you're high up on the leaderboards and play competitively as well as for fun, you look at the game slightly differently :p
Well she can use it as a challenge for herself and see if she can overcome the new difficulties.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
You can just play in 1.6.4 and have OF still ;)
Lol voei problem is that if they do 1.6.. they have the old double tap sprint.. and they are fighting people with 1.7 single tap sprint. I understand the frustration, but allowing bsm for the time being wouldn't really help or be fair. Simply because.. then you would be able to play with optifine and bsm.. so you would be getting great fps.. and get the single tap sprint. And the 1.7 users would have lower fps.. and the single tap. Really either way, someone will be at a disadvantage more than likely.But allowing something that has been banned on our servers FOREVER, isn't the way to go.

I'm sorry, but you kind of just have to deal with it until optifine comes out. It works the same with all other updates in the past.. it always takes optifine a little while to update itself.. either you sucked it up and played with crap fps.. or you didn't play at all. It's really no difference here.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Well she can use it as a challenge for herself and see if she can overcome the new difficulties.
As I've said many times before in this thread, I have been playing on 1.6.4 ever since 1.7.2 came out which means I have been facing people using the new sprint key for a few weeks now. I died a lot more, I did not enjoy it.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
lol nope I am actually really good at PvP on a decent comp but mine sucks :p just think of how hard I had to work to get Sr. Mod with this junk.
off topic: I can get a $300 HP Pavilion g6 that runs me at 200 fps with optifine at far render distance. Just work for a couple months, tbh just do a paper route (if they have them in EU).

On topic: BSM sucks, it should never be allowed. Done. enough said.

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
What a lot of players don't realise is..1.7.2 sprint is more OP than BSM, or atleast 1.6.4 BSM.

With 1.7.2 you're about to sprint through combat and keep sprint after hitting a block.
All you have to do is keep holding down the sprint key OR if you're on a Mac assign the sprint key to Caps Lock.

With 1.7.2 sprint you're able to being sprint while in the air and in water without having to go down to the bottom to gain that more momentous sprint.
Which is something you can not do with BSM

One question I have is, are Mac users allowed to assign their sprint key to Caps Lock?

I've been told me it takes advantage of a "glitch" in MC.
I see it as just a feature for Mac users and not a glitch at all.
That's like saying if you hold down your sprint key on Windows that's taking advantage of a glitch as well.
It's all apart of Vanilla MC

Any comment, ChadTheDJ?

JennoKoala

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I thought people of our community would be grateful at the fact our developers have endeavoured to stop users from cheating and using the better sprinting mod. At the end of the day, they are breaking our rules just the same as other hacks such as; forcefield and water walking. Yes, you may have your opinions on, "Oh, 1.7 and BSM are just the same" however, we do not tolerate this as a community and some people just need to respect that decision.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
What a lot of players don't realise is..1.7.2 sprint is more OP than BSM, or atleast 1.6.4 BSM.

With 1.7.2 you're about to sprint through combat and keep sprint after hitting a block.
All you have to do is keep holding down the sprint key OR if you're on a Mac assign the sprint key to Caps Lock.

With 1.7.2 sprint you're able to being sprint while in the air and in water without having to go down to the bottom to gain that more momentous sprint.

One question I have is, are Mac users allowed to assign their sprint key to Caps Lock?

I've been told me it takes advantage of a "glitch" in MC.
I see it as just a feature for Mac users and not a glitch at all.
That's like saying if you hold down your sprint key on Windows that's taking advantage of a glitch as well.
It's all apart of Vanilla MC

Any comment, ChadTheDJ?
What I dont like, is since I bought an HP, now mac users have an advantage over me. I personally think that it should be considered a glitch and shoulnt be allowed. Bad thing is, its impossible to tell from the server side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci