• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Chad can you go to full 1.7 only once optifine is released as many users find it near impossible to play without optifine?
I fully agree. It is nearly impossible to play 1.7 and win and game or even simply get a kill. I have a four year old laptop and get 5 fps on 1.7
That's why we are waiting going full 1.7 until both optifine updates and a stable 1.7 build of spigot comes out.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
This would be a valid point, if BSM gave you an advantage over vanilla PvP, but the truth is, it doesn't. Back in 1.6.4, BSM gave an absolutely massive advantage, and I was huge proponent for banning it, but with the 1.7 sprint system, it now confers no advantage, and shouldn't be banned.
What you are saying is true. It really gives no advantage now compared to 1.7.2. The only difference is you have to HOLD down your sprint button with 1.7 if you don't wanna lose sprint and with bsm.. you just push it once and its good for the game. However, if you have a gaming keyboard.. you can just simply make your sprint button a hotkey.. and its exactly the same as bsm lol.

But with what you are saying, it gives no advantage compared to 1.7.. so why do you even need to use it? Not saying you do, but I see no reason why it should really matter at this point xD. 1.7.. bsm.. its almost exactly the same thing. After optifine comes out for 1.7.. there will be no need for bsm anyways.

I do agree that it is kind of... pointless? to ban from the servers.. as it gives no advantage, but at least now we know ppl aren't using bsm.. and still on 1.6.4 with optifine. I feel like bsm is the least of our worries now as far as hacks :p. This needs done with all other hacked clients. Ones that actually.. ruins games for people.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Chad can you go to full 1.7 only once optifine is released as many users find it near impossible to play without optifine?
My real question is, have you tried actually playing on 1.7 without OptiFine? It made a lot of improvements to rendering that speeds up the game in general. On one of my slower computers (normally gets 30 FPS on normal/10 chunks render distance, fancy graphics, smooth lighting on), I've seen FPS increases of 20-25 FPS.

This needs done with all other hacked clients. Ones that actually.. ruins games for people.
As much as we'd love to do that, it isn't really easy - BSM identifies itself to the server, hacked clients do not (for obvious reasons).

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
My real question is, have you tried actually playing on 1.7 without OptiFine? It made a lot of improvements to rendering that speeds up the game in general. On one of my slower computers (normally gets 30 FPS on normal/10 chunks render distance, fancy graphics, smooth lighting on), I've seen FPS increases of 20-25 FPS.

As much as we'd love to do that, it isn't really easy - BSM identifies itself to the server, hacked clients do not (for obvious reasons).
Oh I don't doubt that it is a lot harder with hacked clients like nodus and whatnot, but it can be done.. am I right? It will just take... alot of time and effort lol.

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
To be quite honest, i completely understand why MCSG has upheld it's blanket ban on BSM. I mean, I'll be the first (second, third, fourth?) to admit that i use it. (Not on these servers, i havn't played mcsg since May, i think). It's a handy tool, and isn't heavy modding, it just makes game play that tad easier.

As previously said by myself, there is a misconception that you can sprint backwards and sideways whenever and wherever you want. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. If it was, i think around half of the people using BSM, wouldn't. You can only do this on single player and to be quite honest, i think this show's the maturity of the mods creator. He hasn't created BSM to help people cheat. He was built it to overcome a much hated Minecraft glitch.

However. The one issue and difference between 1.7 sprinting and BSM is this. BSM is unlimited sprint (restricted by your hunger bar, of course), whereas 1.7 is not. With BSM you can sprint, hit a block and slow down, then move away from the block and start sprinting instantaneously without lifting a finger. With 1.7, as far as i know, you need to re-press the sprint key to start going again. THIS IS THE ISSUE, and i completely agree. There is still a difference, albeit the difference has been reduced somewhat, and this means that fair game play is still not possible between vanilla clients and bsm modded clients.

TL : DR - Take 2 minutes of your time and read what I had to say.
^ I love you for this, Kids should learn to be patient nowadays. :)

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Forairan does make a good point that there is a performance increase in 1.7. However for the unlucky few where it doesn't help, optifine still is the best solution to increase FPS.

I agree that it is kind of... pointless? to ban from the servers.. as it gives no advantage, but at least now we know ppl aren't using bsm.. and still on 1.6.4 with optifine. I feel like bsm is the least of our worries now as far as hacks :p. This needs done with all other hacked clients. Ones that actually.. ruins games for people.
I am shocked no one is making the point that usually when people hack their clients, they install other mods including better sprint. In theory, the level of cheating should decrease as they would have to take the time to create a new profile. Not saying they wont do that, but the more we can inconvenience players who cheat, they will just move on elsewhere.

I still get around 10 fps. I am assuming this I because of the fact that I have a 4 y/o laptop though. Luckily I am getting a new desktop! :)
Congrats on your new upgrade :)

...one issue and difference between 1.7 sprinting and BSM is this. BSM is unlimited sprint (restricted by your hunger bar, of course), whereas 1.7 is not. With BSM you can sprint, hit a block and slow down, then move away from the block and start sprinting instantaneously without lifting a finger.
Exactly!

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
I am shocked no one is making the point that usually when people hack their clients, they install other mods including better sprint. In theory, the level of cheating should decrease as they would have to take the time to create a new profile.
Or old BSM users will look for even worse, but undetectable mods such as sprint hacks that ACTUALLY WILL allow them to sprint in all directions. :p I have a feeling people will be looking for a replacement.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Forairan does make a good point that there is a performance increase in 1.7. However for the unlucky few where it doesn't help, optifine still is the best solution to increase FPS.

I am shocked no one is making the point that usually when people hack their clients, they install other mods including better sprint. In theory, the level of cheating should decrease as they would have to take the time to create a new profile.

Congrats on your new upgrade :)
In theory yeah, it should decrease. But with more and more people using things like magic launcher.. switching between hacked clients and whatnot is so easy. Can get things like.. optifine, bsm on and off my profile in a matter of seconds.

Or old BSM users will look for even worse, but undetectable mods such as sprint hacks that ACTUALLY WILL allow them to sprint in all directions. :p I have a feeling people will be looking for a replacement.
This is actually a really good point lol. An example. is when nodus didn't upgrade. When nodus didn't upgrade.. we started seeing a lot more new hacked clients for hackers to replace nodus with. I say we will probably see this same type of thing. At least it will be a lot easier to recognize sprint hacks than BSM.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Darlo2k4 said:
...one issue and difference between 1.7 sprinting and BSM is this. BSM is unlimited sprint (restricted by your hunger bar, of course), whereas 1.7 is not. With BSM you can sprint, hit a block and slow down, then move away from the block and start sprinting instantaneously without lifting a finger.
This isn't true though....

You can do the same with 1.7....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci