• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
However. The one issue and difference between 1.7 sprinting and BSM is this. BSM is unlimited sprint (restricted by your hunger bar, of course), whereas 1.7 is not. With BSM you can sprint, hit a block and slow down, then move away from the block and start sprinting instantaneously without lifting a finger. With 1.7, as far as i know, you need to re-press the sprint key to start going again. THIS IS THE ISSUE, and i completely agree. There is still a difference, albeit the difference has been reduced somewhat, and this means that fair game play is still not possible between vanilla clients and bsm modded clients.

^ I love you for this, Kids should learn to be patient nowadays. :)
Actually.. it is possible to do this with 1.7... all you have to do is hold down the sprint button.. if you hold the sprint button down.. you DO NOT lose sprint ever, even when hitting players.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
What I find so funny about this is that so many people have an issue with BSM being banned. Now many people keep saying that it is no better than 1.7.2 vanilla sprint. Well just use 1.7.2 vanilla sprint. There is a reason you dont want to use vanilla and that is because BSM has an advantage. You have got by before double tapping W on pre 1.7 so deal with it for now until optifine comes out. I deal with it myself so guys seriously stop moaning and enjoy the game, that is what this is afterall

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Well just use 1.7.2 vanilla sprint. There is a reason you dont want to use vanilla and that is because BSM has an advantage.
Once again. No optifine.
You have got by before double tapping W on pre 1.7 so deal with it for now until optifine comes out. I deal with it myself so guys seriously stop moaning and enjoy the game, that is what this is afterall
I find dying to 1.7 users quite frustrating... Hardly fun for me. I'm sorry, but I still don't understand why we're forced to deal with something when there is such an easy solution to it...

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What I find so funny about this is that so many people have an issue with BSM being banned. Now many people keep saying that it is no better than 1.7.2 vanilla sprint. Well just use 1.7.2 vanilla sprint. There is a reason you dont want to use vanilla and that is because BSM has an advantage. You have got by before double tapping W on pre 1.7 so deal with it for now until optifine comes out. I deal with it myself so guys seriously stop moaning and enjoy the game, that is what this is afterall
You just contradicted yourself'
"There is a reason you don't want to use vanilla and that is because BSM has an advantage."

"...so deal with it for now until optifine comes out"

iShowny

Survivor
Reaction score
Nice post Kezzer, but the real problems lie within forcefield/aimbot/fist glitch/speed hacks/ etc... These deserve primary attention

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
You just contradicted yourself'
"There is a reason you don't want to use vanilla and that is because BSM has an advantage."

"...so deal with it for now until optifine comes out"
i did not contradict myself in anyway, people want BSM to use with 1.6 clients however that gives them an advantage over 1.7 as BSM IS an advantage.

Nice post Kezzer, but the real problems lie within forcefield/aimbot/fist glitch/speed hacks/ etc... These deserve primary attention
Yes they are a primary issue however BSM is blocked so that makes it simple really so you have less to worry about I guess so do your job and get rid of those hackers too :)

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Voei You need to understand that your issues you are bringing up are very temporary with this transitional period because of the severe Minecraft update. Soon Optifine will have a stable release and everyone will be moved over to a stable 1.7 from once we drop the support for 1.6.x.

real problems lie within forcefield/aimbot/fist glitch/speed hacks/ etc... These deserve primary attention
The real problem is that you are a mod not realizing we are dealing with this already. So not sure why you keep saying we are not dealing with it even though we are on a weekly basis. Trust me, if we can ban clients using those mods just like what BSM but the other modifications are a constant cat and mouse hunt or bad coding with Mojang that we have to locate and fix.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Lol exactly what I said earlier. It really doesn't matter anymore. For the next.. like week or so.. players who can't play without optifine.. are just going to have to deal with it. There is nothing that can be done about that. We can't speed up that process. I just wanted to point out that bsm.. 1.7 are really the same exact thing.. regardlesss to what some people are saying. I feel like banning bsm was a bit.. pointless? after optifine updates, but I really have no problem whatsoever with it being banned.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
@Voei You need to understand that your issues you are bringing up are very temporary with this transitional period because of the severe Minecraft update. Soon Optifine will have a stable release and everyone will be moved over to a stable 1.7 from once we drop the support for 1.6.x.
I assume it'll take at least a month for Optifine to update, though. That's a few weeks without MCSG for me which I'm not very happy about. :( It might not seem like a long time to most people, but it does to me as that is enough for me to drop out of the 2nd page of the leaderboards which wasn't exactly easy to get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci