• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Better Sprint Mod has now been eliminated on our servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowhoo

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah bowhoo, it doesen't but what's stopping me from taping down my sprint button in 1.7?It's the SAME THING.
yes but see anyone can do that, not everyone knows how to download BSM and probably half the people don't even know what bsm is. IF we only allow 1.7 than everyone is equal and there are no advantages. I don't know why you guys are even considering allowing BSM.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
yes but see anyone can do that, not everyone knows how to download BSM and probably half the people don't even know what bsm is. IF we only allow 1.7 than everyone is equal and there are no advantages. I don't know why you guys are even considering allowing BSM.
What advantage does it give that is not also present or easily duplicated in 1.7? None. Meanwhile, Optifine isn't updated to 1.7, and people literally are not able to play without it, forcing them to play 1.6.4. However, without BSM, they are at a massive disadvantage compared to the people wth computers good enough to update to 1.7.2 without Optifine. BSM is not providing anything 1.7 users do not have, but allows a way for people with worse computers to actually play with a reasonable chance of winning.

Bowhoo

Diamond
Reaction score
Better PC with no optifine= no lag.
Worse PC with no optifine = LOTS of lag.
;)
Yes but if you allow BSM than it is pretty unfair towards the players have never heard of the mod or don't know how to install it. Besides it still has an advantage over 1.7. Pressing one button to keep sprint on and never break it is alot easier than holding down two buttons to sprint.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Well that's their problem. It isn't hard to log onto the forums or look it up. If they cared, they'd figure it out.
I honestly wouldn't care as much about BSM being banned IF optifine was out, which it isn't. I literally CANNOT play for another few weeks just because I am sick of constantly dying to 1.7.2 users just because my laptop can't handle minecraft without optifine.

Bowhoo

Diamond
Reaction score
What advantage does it give that is not also present or easily duplicated in 1.7? None. Meanwhile, Optifine isn't updated to 1.7, and people literally are not able to play without it, forcing them to play 1.6.4. However, without BSM, they are at a massive disadvantage compared to the people wth computers good enough to update to 1.7.2 without Optifine. BSM is not providing anything 1.7 users do not have, but allows a way for people with worse computers to actually play with a reasonable chance of winning.
Pretty sure its not that easy in 1.7 to keep you sprinting when u run into a wall like BSM does.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Is it odd I haven't felt disadvantaged at all while playing 1.6.4? :/

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Yes but if you allow BSM than it is pretty unfair towards the players have never heard of the mod or don't know how to install it. Besides it still has an advantage over 1.7. Pressing one button to keep sprint on and never break it is alot easier than holding down two buttons to sprint.
I use 1.7. I have sprint constantly toggled without using multiple keys, because I have enough money to buy a fancy mouse. People with Macs get the same benefit. How is this any different then BSM? The answer is: it's better. BSM is necessary for people to use Optifine and still remain competitive, and it provides no advantage that cna not be easily replicated in vanilla 1.7. So I don't see why it's banned

Bowhoo

Diamond
Reaction score
Well that's their problem. It isn't hard to log onto the forums or look it up. If they cared, they'd figure it out.
I honestly wouldn't care as much about BSM being banned IF optifine was out, which it isn't. I literally CANNOT play for another few weeks just because I am sick of constantly dying to 1.7.2 users just because my laptop can't handle minecraft without optifine.
I don't think you realize that half of the community is people who just started playing minecraft and we constantly get new members who know nothing about the game.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't think you realize that half of the community is people who just started playing minecraft and we constantly get new members who know nothing about the game.
People who have played longer also have the advantage of knowing different chest routes and maps. I don't understand your logic.

Bowhoo

Diamond
Reaction score
I use 1.7. I have sprint constantly toggled without using multiple keys, because I have enough money to buy a fancy mouse. People with Macs get the same benefit. How is this any different then BSM? The answer is: it's better. BSM is necessary for people to use Optifine and still remain competitive, and it provides no advantage that cna not be easily replicated in vanilla 1.7. So I don't see why it's banned
Zeno, in BSM you press one button and you sprint the whole game, you literally never stop until you run out of hunger. WAYYY MORE OP.

Bowhoo

Diamond
Reaction score
People who have played longer also have the advantage of knowing different chest routes and maps. I don't understand your logic.
Yes but it doesn't give them a pvp advantage

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
This would be a valid point, if BSM gave you an advantage over vanilla PvP, but the truth is, it doesn't. Back in 1.6.4, BSM gave an absolutely massive advantage, and I was huge proponent for banning it, but with the 1.7 sprint system, it now confers no advantage, and shouldn't be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci