• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Asian Servers, We Want Them.

South East Asian Servers?

• Yes

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Toughen Up

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobrastyles

Experienced
Reaction score
The thing that is annoying me- the attitude AU players saying "Hey, we survived lag. So you should too." You make it sound like it was the most horrible thing having Singaporean servers-you forget back to when before they were implemented we had to play on US, which actually had much worse connection, and Australians were so happy to get better connection to the servers.

I'm not saying don't rejoice in your new found-lag free experience, I'm saying don't rub it in the faces of the Asian players because they are getting more lag than you now. Just something I have been noticing lately.

And now, to the point. I would say (unconfirmed by the other senior staff and/or Chad) that IF there was enough of a demand for Asian servers, enough to justify the cost of buying another relatively expensive server, Chad might consider it.

One last thing I'm noticing- it seems to be commonly thought that we rent 12 Au servers from our host. This is not the case, we rent one server box thing (technical terms) which is then what the 12 servers run off. So we can't just take AU 11 and 12 and make them AS servers.
Marry me Leo<3.
On to the serious point, guys if you want a Asian server and is reading this, please at least write something in this forum post so we can identify you should we need you in a petition:)
As for the AU thing, we Singaporeans didn't rub it In your faces when we had good connections, I don't see why you should tell us to deal with it. Plus, if you look carefully, Ned never said anything about AU servers being laggy, it was more of we can't stand to play on it, so we won't and move to US. It's not as if we can't stand lag, cause on US, it's actually fine but we just thought maybe AS servers because alot of Asian players are quitting and it's really a pity. We all love MCSG and we do want to make this community a Better place right? And we do definitely know a few nice Asian people if you played AU enough. Now it would be a pity if they'd stop playing wouldn't it?

Reactions: Le0

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I support this, even though I'm not asian. Why not a few servers. More potential Benjamin followers.

Evil_Emo

Gold
Reaction score
Asian servers? ._. I kinda agree with this post however now they have the feeling us australians had when we were playing. A little lag but not the same that it is now. All this time since about a week ago (I think) Mcsg switched hosts from singapore to an actual australian location now they are complaining? If it were about spaces in games i'd fully agree but since AU just opened up a 48 slot game, there is no reasons to make new servers. Us australian players lived on 800ms and never complained about it while people in the south asian region were getting 50-200ms ping. Just test around. Play US more. Play some CA. It's not Mcsg's fault you have a slow connection. I ask this now.. Would you rather have 3 servers usually empty or have a new version of Mcsg?

Cobrastyles

Experienced
Reaction score
Asian servers? ._. I kinda agree with this post however now they have the feeling us australians had when we were playing. A little lag but not the same that it is now. All this time since about a week ago (I think) Mcsg switched hosts from singapore to an actual australian location now they are complaining? If it were about spaces in games i'd fully agree but since AU just opened up a 48 slot game, there is no reasons to make new servers. Us australian players lived on 800ms and never complained about it while people in the south asian region were getting 50-200ms ping. Just test around. Play US more. Play some CA. It's not Mcsg's fault you have a slow connection. I ask this now.. Would you rather have 3 servers usually empty or have a new version of Mcsg?
You haven't read the other posts haven't you? Haha we've talked about almost all the issues You've raised

Hend

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Us australian players lived on 800ms and never complained about it while people in the south asian region were getting 50-200ms ping.
You guys never complained ? ._. , darkai202 XxGagaxX and any other aussies, You guys did complained about the lag, A lot, well maybe some of you didn't but I know darkrai made a thread about the puting AU server in AU and some other aussies did too, but It was never OUR fault the servers were hosted in Asia. Just remember that ._.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You guys never complained ? ._. , darkai202 XxGagaxX and any other aussies, You guys did complained about the lag, A lot, well maybe some of you didn't but I know darkrai made a thread about the puting AU server in AU and some other aussies did too, but It was never OUR fault the servers were hosted in Asia. Just remember that ._.
We complained, but we stuck with it.

Edit: Actually, I take that back. I was one of the only people who didn't switch to US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci