• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Asian Servers, We Want Them.

South East Asian Servers?

• Yes

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Toughen Up

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nedscott23

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Recently as most of you know, The AU (Australian) Servers moved to Sydney, Australia rather than before when they were in Singapore. This has effected the vast majority of ping for countries such as:

- Singapore
- Malaysia
- Philippines
- Indonesia
- Brunei
- Thailand
- Laos
- Vietnam
- Hong Kong

I'm sure there is not a very large player base from these servers but I think that there is enough for a South East Asian server to be considered. I know there are a fair few of us that want it. I've spoken to many other people living in these Areas and the general statistic seems to be that when we play AU Servers we get in the 1000ms range. This is hardly playable so many of us have swapped to US servers where we get slightly playable 800ms.

I'm sure that some of you will just tell us to toughen the **** up and just deal with the ping. Lots of AU players especially. I recall Chad once saying that if 100 names appeared then an AU server could be considered. They ended up getting 100 names and so the AU servers were born. Is it possible that we could get a 100 names it could be possible.

We're only asking for 1-3 servers for us to play on. Maybe we could start with a trial run? The servers use to be hosted in Singapore, is it possible to just talk to the hosting and ask if it's a possibility? We'd be really content with 1-2 servers. There are a fair few players quitting and they're great people and I think the MCSG community would be a little less interesting without them.

Thanks,

South East Asian Players

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I have no problem with you guys wanting Asian servers, it makes plenty of sense, but it's just like MCSG can't win >.<
They changed AU server hosts from Singapore to Australia, pleasing the Australians, but now, all our players located in, or around Asia are having connection problems.
I think it makes plenty of sense, and like you said, just 1-3 servers would suit you for now.
Goodluck, I hope you can get your servers ;)

Cobrastyles

Experienced
Reaction score
I have no problem with you guys wanting Asian servers, it makes plenty of sense, but it's just like MCSG can't win >.<
They changed AU server hosts from Singapore to Australia, pleasing the Australians, but now, all our players located in, or around Asia are having connection problems.
I think it makes plenty of sense, and like you said, just 1-3 servers would suit you for now.
Goodluck, I hope you can get your servers ;)
Thanks duck. As Ned said, we're not asking for many severs, 1 or 2 and we'll be happy, plus the servers used to be in Singapore, shouldn't be too hard to get it back up and running I think?

Hend

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ned, you have balls, Puts down Noodles and Claps *Clap*Clap* #Respect. But yeah I really think we should have Asian Server's, the popularity on Asian's on the AU server's weren't much because They see AU or AS xD so more of a chance of Aussies getting in, but like 2 server's would be enough too, More donors?

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't really see how you can claim 1000ms to be unplayable - many Australian players have played it on but I understand that you are not used to it and this is making it hard for you to play MCSG. Just saying, that sounded like a bit of an exaggeration but I do believe that Asian servers need to be made as well :)

Hend

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't really see how you can claim 1000ms to be unplayable - many Australian players have played it on but I understand that you are not used to it and this is making it hard for you to play MCSG. Just saying, that sounded like a bit of an exaggeration but I do believe that Asian servers need to be made as well :)
Explaining Time! : Well you guys started with lag so its a lot more different we started with good ping, so its like this, because you started with bad connection there's nothing to get used to, Right? But we didn't so its hard to settle in, Its like a fish going into new water, it has to settle in it for awhile, and if it doesn't it could also die (no joke) so like quiting instand of dying. Get the point now? Its Something your not used to. But its the chose to get used to it or not.

Was my Explaining Clear? :3

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
Exampling Time! : Well you guys started with lag so its a lot more different we started with good ping, so its like this, because you started with bad connection there's nothing to get used to, Right? But we didn't so its hard to settle in, Its like a fish going into new water, it has to settle in it for awhile, and if it doesn't it could also die (no joke) so like quiting instand of dying. Get the point now? Its Something your not used to. But its the chose to get used to it or not.

Was my Exampling Clear? :3
Yeah, I understand. That was kind of what I said - it isn't unplayable, but it's something that is hard to adapt to so it seems unplayable at first. I used to get pissed when you guys complained about 200ms - now I do the same thing xD

Hend

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, I understand. That was kind of what I said - it isn't unplayable, but it's something that is hard to adapt to so it seems unplayable at first. I used to get pissed when you guys complained about 200ms - now I do the same thing xD
IKR! OMG! PING IS LIKE SO OVERRATED!
And 1000 ms is not unplayed but Really hard to play with.. 400 - 500 ms would be great.

But just remember how I explained the the fish thingy thats is what we are going through now.
(But I could never really play games because my internet would spike like mad ._.)

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Thanks duck. As Ned said, we're not asking for many severs, 1 or 2 and we'll be happy, plus the servers used to be in Singapore, shouldn't be too hard to get it back up and running I think?
Well, it's not that it would be hard, but it would cost more money because they are more servers. I agree that there should be asian servers based off the amount of asians that play here, but it's not as easy because when they switched from Singapore hosting to Australian hosting, they just switched server locations and didn't buy more servers.

jagtastic45

Spectator
Reaction score
Although I don't live in asia I love the idea.... It makes sense to add a couple servers if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci