• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Asian Servers, We Want Them.

South East Asian Servers?

• Yes

Votes: 35 60.3%
  • Toughen Up

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrKorrenian

The thing that is annoying me- the attitude AU players saying "Hey, we survived lag. So you should too." You make it sound like it was the most horrible thing having Singaporean servers-you forget back to when before they were implemented we had to play on US, which actually had much worse connection, and Australians were so happy to get better connection to the servers.

I'm not saying don't rejoice in your new found-lag free experience, I'm saying don't rub it in the faces of the Asian players because they are getting more lag than you now. Just something I have been noticing lately.

And now, to the point. I would say (unconfirmed by the other senior staff and/or Chad) that IF there was enough of a demand for Asian servers, enough to justify the cost of buying another relatively expensive server, Chad might consider it.

One last thing I'm noticing- it seems to be commonly thought that we rent 12 Au servers from our host. This is not the case, we rent one server box thing (technical terms) which is then what the 12 servers run off. So we can't just take AU 11 and 12 and make them AS servers.
I have to comply with Leo on this. Lets think about this logically. Just because one group of people had to suffer and another got what they wanted, that's like how at my school they check our id's to send us into the line. Yes. It's that minor of a thing. Having never played on AU or EU I can't speak from experience, but it can't be that bad. Kerbals IE. ranked number I think 20 something on the leaderboards had to deal with lag hiss entire MCSG career, and look how well he has done.

Now lets do some donation math. 1 Full Iron game = 240 Dollars Chad made already. Call me crazy I think the servers receive enough to support 2 - 3 South Asia servers.

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
1000 ms means you have a 1 second delay to the host, that really isn't that bad while some of us were playing with 5000 ms so 5 seconds. Atm i get 250 ms so quarter of a second delay and its not bad, when i had 3000 it still was playable, i know you guys suddenly have a change of lag and it will be hard to get use to but after you do, its very easy to handle

Hend

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1000 ms means you have a 1 second delay to the host, that really isn't that bad while some of us were playing with 5000 ms so 5 seconds. Atm i get 250 ms so quarter of a second delay and its not bad, when i had 3000 it still was playable, i know you guys suddenly have a change of lag and it will be hard to get use to but after you do, its very easy to handle
? I thought 100 ms = 1 second lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci