• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate

What is your religion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
Sorry if I am too late to post this, but here is my opinion:

I am growing up in a christian family and believe that christ has saved me and loves me. I have a lot of reason to to believe that theories such as evolution are not true; however, I do like science a lot and the more I study it the more I see god written all over it. CAm stated a lot of things earlier that I think are true, but here are some of my reasons for believing in Christ (and not believing in the big bang):

1: As many of you know, scientists tend to date things back to be millions of years old (fossils, rocks, ect.), but do you know how they are actually doing this? They are using a method called radiation dating. This method is more often then not inaccurate. In fact, scientists tried dating the rocks from the Mount Saint Helens eruption and found them to be millions of years old, but the volcano really erupted in 1980.

2: I will start this point with a simple question: What would happen if you put something into nothingness? What I mean by "nothingness" is a field with no laws of nature, gravity, light, time, or anything at all. Now what would happen to this object that you put in this area of nothingness? Would it self combust because there is nothing telling it to stay together, or would it do nothing because there is nothing telling it to self combust? Or would it do neither and do something seemingly impossible instead? If the big bang happened in a place of nothingness (which it must have) then what you are saying is what you see around you is the result of putting something into nothingness. Not to mention, how this matter get here in the first place? Things don't happen for no reason. And they I don't think they create a sufficient world for life to take place in and carry on.

3: If things evolved over time, then why don't we see half evolved fish, pigs, apes, etc. all over the place? Where are all the fossils and skeletons? I am aware of "Lucy", but Lucy's knee was discovered 200 feet away from the rest of the skeleton, and was found a year earlier. This could mean that Lucy's knee was not really Lucy's knee. On top of that, Lucy is only one skeleton. Why are there no more? I will need more then one skeleton (which is most likely not a half ape half human) to believe in an entire theory.

Anyway, I have said what I wanted to say, and I hope I made some of you think. I believe this is one of my longest posts ever, and my eyes are getting tired. Anyway, thanks for reading!

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
My need to correct people is burning. However, I dont want my posts to be deleted so I wont go through and correct everyone.

I am a firm believer that god - or any other higher power - does not exist. Personally, I believe that the whole theory of "god" is nonsense and there is nothing to back it up, except the word of some old book.

Now, seeing that there is no solid evidence that anything of the sort exists, I see no reason to believe in it. Things like bigfoot I see also no reason to believe - however, things like the Big Bang have some solid evidence.

Some questions...
How old do you think our planet is? If evolution doesn't exist, our planet should be young. Is our Galaxy the centre? Or, are we part of a smaller, but still large, universe created by God? If we are the centre, how come we revolve around the sun, and not the sun revolving around us? If, perhaps, God had created our universe (Infinitely expanding) and created the conditions for us to form, in an infinitely expanding universe, how many chances are there for the same conditions? Infinite. My most burning question is, where did God come from, then? Did he just *poof* appear, or was there someone bigger, if so who created him?

I could go on for ages. There is SO much evidence that points towards no "higher power" or God.

IDK just science. Its there, it works, and it has basis. This belief doesn't. Its the same thing with Aliens and other life. Do they exist or nah?

Just one last thing... If you ask me, to prove that God doesnt exist, prove that God does first. Hard, solid, evidence.
EDIT:
2: I will start this point with a simple question: What would happen if you put something into nothingness? What I mean by "nothingness" is a field with no laws of nature, gravity, light, time, or anything at all. Now what would happen to this object that you put in this area of nothingness? Would it self combust because there is nothing telling it to stay together, or would it do nothing because there is nothing telling it to self combust? Or would it do neither and do something seemingly impossible instead? If the big bang happened in a place of nothingness (which it must have) then what you are saying is what you see around you is the result of putting something into nothingness. Not to mention, how this matter get here in the first place? Things don't happen for no reason. And they I don't think they create a sufficient world for life to take place in and carry on.
You just contradicted yourself, where did God come from?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Here's the thing for all of you people saying God does not exist, and the Big Bang Theory created the universe.

I was talking to my dad a couple of months back at a museum of science and I brought up a point about God and the Big Bang. Basically I was wondering... If there's significant scientific proof to prove the Big Bang Theory was real, how is there the same amount of contradicting proof to prove God is real? My dad pointed out to me this, who said God didn't create the Big Bang? What if he snapped his fingers and everything blew up and flew away from itself, then seven days later we have our perfect world? Plus I understand that there could be many scientific rebutts to this but is it really likely that we are the only planet to ever support or have supported an evolved life. That takes a creator.

Let's say we have a stool. How was this stool made? I mean, it seems highly unlikely to me that out of nowhere one day a bunch of wood stuck together in an intriquite pattern and.. Boom! Stool! Nah, something had to make it. There had to be a stoolmaker. The one who crafted the stool with his own hands.

I rest my case. I'm not forcing you to believe in God, but let me propose this. Will it really hurt you to believe? What bad will happen if you do? You'll end up being a morally structured good person (not saying non believers can't be good, but belief in God can truly change you as a person) so I urge you to at least consider that we may be watched over by a supreme being.

So why not?

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Plus I understand that there could be many scientific rebutts to this but is it really likely that we are the only planet to ever support or have supported an evolved life. That takes a creator.
Where is the proof of that? We simply haven't explored enough to find that out.

There is enough evidence to prove that he isnt real, but there is no evidence that he is real. Except for the belief that things cant happen by chance.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Where is the proof of that? We simply haven't explored enough to find that out.

There is enough evidence to prove that he isnt real, but there is no evidence that he is real. Except for the belief that things cant happen by chance.
What's the evidence proving there is no God? I believe in most scientific discoveries and I'm a Catholic.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
What's the evidence proving there is no God? I believe in most scientific discoveries and I'm a Catholic.
There is more proof, rather, theories that God doesnt exist, then there is. (More backed up theories, rather)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci