• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate

What is your religion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
That video has many incorrect facts, starting with the Egyptians and their pyramids. Could you link me to the sources of this information?
Like I said, not everything in there is exactly correct, but the theory in general is really interesting...
You could probably point more incorrect information than I can because I know nothing about the Egyptians xD

E

Ephiza

BRUH YOU SERIOUSLY DIDN'T LIST ISLAM AS A RELIGION...ITS TOTALLY NOT LIKE, THE WORLDS 3RD BIGGEST RELIGION OR ANYTHING

Animae

Survivor
Reaction score
SRY I MEANT 2ND BIGGEST I HAVENT LOOKED AT THAT STUFF IN FOREVER :( Btw proof:
Note that that was in 2012 (also not sure how valid that information is). Islam is the world's fastest growing religion. It is going to pass Christianity.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
Also really disappointed that you skipped out on putting Judaism on the list... 6th biggest man... Also you missed Sikhism and Hinduism, which are very large religions.

BenarooDaGamerHD

Experienced
Reaction score
I am a heavily agnostic christian. I basically never go to church unless my Grandma visits from out of town and makes me, and I don't see any real solid 100% evidence of a god.
Now I still call myself christian because I celebrate Christmas and Easter and that stuff. So yeah.
#Swag

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I personally dont believe in god. There is more proof that god doesnt exist than he does. Even is god was real why is there so much suffering and hunger in this world? If god created the world in 6 days why cant he feed everyone in less. I would need to have proof that he is real in order to devote my whole life to him. I respect all religions and all races but I choose not to follow anything. I lead my own life with my own belies. I dont want a religion to tell me what to eat and what to do. Religion has dont more harm than good. There has been many killing in history in the name of god and religion.

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
My need to correct people is burning. However, I dont want my posts to be deleted so I wont go through and correct everyone.

I am a firm believer that god - or any other higher power - does not exist. Personally, I believe that the whole theory of "god" is nonsense and there is nothing to back it up, except the word of some old book.

Now, seeing that there is no solid evidence that anything of the sort exists, I see no reason to believe in it. Things like bigfoot I see also no reason to believe - however, things like the Big Bang have some solid evidence.

Some questions...
How old do you think our planet is? If evolution doesn't exist, our planet should be young. Is our Galaxy the centre? Or, are we part of a smaller, but still large, universe created by God? If we are the centre, how come we revolve around the sun, and not the sun revolving around us? If, perhaps, God had created our universe (Infinitely expanding) and created the conditions for us to form, in an infinitely expanding universe, how many chances are there for the same conditions? Infinite. My most burning question is, where did God come from, then? Did he just *poof* appear, or was there someone bigger, if so who created him?

I could go on for ages. There is SO much evidence that points towards no "higher power" or God.

IDK just science. Its there, it works, and it has basis. This belief doesn't. Its the same thing with Aliens and other life. Do they exist or nah?

Just one last thing... If you ask me, to prove that God doesnt exist, prove that God does first. Hard, solid, evidence.
EDIT:

You just contradicted yourself, where did God come from?
There isn't anything in the bible that says God is a created being. If someone or something were to have created God, then we would have to ask ourselves who or what created God's creator.

It's illogical to say that something was created from nothing. Either God was always there, or matter was always there. There is no way matter could have always existed. That goes against the second law of thermodynamics. If matter has always existed, all the stars in the universe would have burned out by now. Therefore, God is required as a first cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci