• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Team GOML Snow-Globe Lobby

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
But my thoughts are that the map should be made with longevity in mind. It should be made to be thematically relevant and entertaining for many months, and not lose either of those in a few weeks.
True, but I believe the lobby is only sticking around for a month, which isn't very long. But that is a very valid point.

Neodude

Experienced
Reaction score
True, but I believe the lobby is only sticking around for a month, which isn't very long. But that is a very valid point.
Well, i would hope the lobby would be for longer then, it would be a shame for all the hard work the map makers are putting forth to only be used for a month

ARB1T3R

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly..its not really like hating a space map because we are not in space. Christmas is a very specific holiday, and is set into a specific season. space is not. In three months time, it would be redundant, as multiple holidays would have passed, like new years, Valentines, and St. Patrick's day.
Okay bad choice of words i guess. and i can agree that you would FEEL that a Christmas map after Christmas would be redundant. But like i said, the map isn't all about Christmas. it has a north pole theme. Lets just wait and see what happens

b00m_system

Spectator
Reaction score
So what we've done so far: We have been busy adding detail to all the houses (different blocks, bigger rooms, more items), we took in someones advice and adding in stuff to the barn (anvil etc), we changed floor patterns, put 'Christmas lights' on buildings. We are currently working on an epic barn door, however we are not sure if we will complete it. Thanks for everyones feedback please reply if you have any other ideas, and we will soon post some picture updates!

LegendofCharks

Experienced
Reaction score
I only see one major problem. Size. The amount of blocks used for the table and such could cause lots of lag to some people.

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
I've got mixed feelings about this one. Honestly, it looks cool (no pun intended). I never would have thought of a snow globe theme, and it's a cool map. I love the rave ice skating, and the maze is cool, and I love the multi-leveling. The barn looks great, and Santa and his Reindeer look pretty good as well. (Construction-wise.)

But there are also some things I don't like about the map. Now, I feel like maybe I'm biased because I, myself, am entering the contest, but I think that improvements can be made. One: The detail. In my opinion, straight oak wood walls just do not cut it on detail, and the outside area of the globe looks weird. Two: A christmas map will not work. I'm sorry, but it won't. To the best of my knowledge, this contest isn't just going to create a one month map. This is going to serve an equal term as lobby of MCSG. Christmastown in March might not be a great idea. I saw you were going to explore the idea of a winter map? That would help to extend the longevity of the map. Three: It just doesn't have the right feel. Remember that when it comes right down to it, this is a hunger games lobby. This is a temporary home where players wait before being thrust out into the world. Why Santa showed up there is beyond me, and being on a giant desk raises more questions than it provides answers. :p

Again, maybe my ideas aren't exactly spot on, but here's my opinion. :)

ARB1T3R

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've got mixed feelings about this one. Honestly, it looks cool (no pun intended). I never would have thought of a snow globe theme, and it's a cool map. I love the rave ice skating, and the maze is cool, and I love the multi-leveling. The barn looks great, and Santa and his Reindeer look pretty good as well. (Construction-wise.)

But there are also some things I don't like about the map. Now, I feel like maybe I'm biased because I, myself, am entering the contest, but I think that improvements can be made. One: The detail. In my opinion, straight oak wood walls just do not cut it on detail, and the outside area of the globe looks weird. Two: A christmas map will not work. I'm sorry, but it won't. To the best of my knowledge, this contest isn't just going to create a one month map. This is going to serve an equal term as lobby of MCSG. Christmastown in March might not be a great idea. I saw you were going to explore the idea of a winter map? That would help to extend the longevity of the map. Three: It just doesn't have the right feel. Remember that when it comes right down to it, this is a hunger games lobby. This is a temporary home where players wait before being thrust out into the world. Why Santa showed up there is beyond me, and being on a giant desk raises more questions than it provides answers. :p

Again, maybe my ideas aren't exactly spot on, but here's my opinion. :)
Hey there,

thanks for taking a look at the map and giving us a detailed response. Ill just give you my opinion on a few of your points to clear things up for you.

1. you said that straight oak wood walls don't 'cut it'. there is literally no plain oak wood wall in the entire map (i'm pretty sure). could you please expand on your thoughts of the detail for our sake, that would help us greatly.

2. The map can be any theme and we actually chose a snow-globe theme to be honest. We then realized that we were making the north pole and guess who 'lives' in the north pole? SANTA! so we then added a few things to represent Christmas. Note: not everything in the map is based on Christmas. If the map wins we will make a version 2 that will not include a sleigh, decorated tree, etc.

3. We took into mind that this map is a temporary home for the contestants before they rush into battle with one another. we tried to make the map and structures a cozy place for the players. The map has a lot to explore so it should be able to serve its time. 'Why Santa showed up there is beyond me, and being on a giant desk raises more questions than it provides answers. :p' well i didn't really understand what you meant there because the map is a SNOW-GLOBE based on the NORTH POLE which is where SANTA lives.

I hope this clears things up for you. if you can find time it would be appreciated if you could take your time to send us some more suggestions. thanks :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci