• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Updates SG Map Updates: More New Maps

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Breeze island is back!!!!!! :D

Hopefully shady hallow will get more popular now :p. It really is a great map honestly.

The 20 million t2's on inertia was honestly one of the main reasons it was even played so much xD. I feel like the nerf might hurt the map, even though it did need it.

New maps look fun too :)

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
Awesome!
No wait...how many tier 2 you removed?

Austin_HG

District 13
Reaction score
I played Green Grass in a private server Clan Wars event and it was basically the best map that I have ever played, in my opinion.

Should be a good new addition for everyone playing MCG, and a new map to become default for clans.

itchy

Survivor
Reaction score
I played Green Grass in a private server Clan Wars event and it was basically the best map that I have ever played, in my opinion.

Should be a good new addition for everyone playing MCG, and a new map to become default for clans.
I AGREE

Gule

District 13
Reaction score
waiting still for Alvarian to get accepted lol xDD

Reaction score
I'm excited for the Shady Hollow Update, since I love the original but unfortunately didn't get voted a lot...which is a shame because everyone on the forums was begging to have it accepted and then it didn't get played often...hopefully it can turn around well!

Even though I helped make Springfield SG, some of the builds are still very out of place. I understand it's based of the cartoon, and it's very hard to make a map that is based of a TV show or a particular location, but the majority of the builds are rather plain and lack detail. There are ways (despite it being a cartoon) to fix the issue of lack of detail and plain buildings, but that's for the builders to figure out. Overall, the concept is spectacular but it's not executed the best, and it just seems very unbalanced.

Now about this Green Grass controversy..."Similar to Par72" "The builders picked out the features of other maps", I'm hearing that a lot and to some extent I agree with it. A lot of builders these days are influenced a lot by the current SG maps, meaning due to there lack of creativity in building, they have to copy sections of popular maps and give it a twist or change the placement/block variation. This is rather annoying for the builders in this community that work their ass of to come up with new ideas and not get credited, while the others take shortcuts.

Hopefully I explained my thoughts clearly enough, I am not the best at words but that's just my opinion on the maps being accepted.
I'm gonna update this later when I have thought about it more.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Alright, I am very pleased with this update, mostly because it got my map taken care of, but I still understand everyone's point about Green Grass. I feel there are so many amazing maps already in the Finished Map section, and maybe this can help whoever has final say over maps pick more quality options:

Residential Parks by Epo
Elysia by Jusser (Discovery Works)
Rebellions District by Sanders
Alvarian by Helix
Helios by SuperxAndrew (bias af)
Ozymandias by Ninetailefox92 (Red Forest)
Forestside by Novaaa
Lost Ridge by Team Elite
Chilled To The Core by wronsiski (Discovery Works)

All of these are of equal or greater (most greater) quality than Green Grass.

Green Grass is a good map, don't get me wrong, but the theme is unoriginal compared to Par 72 which is already on the servers. I just feel like a lot of maps get left out and forgotten. That is the purpose of this post. To shed light on certain maps that are quality enough to be part of the game, but seem to get passed by at every update.

Again, no disrespect intended here. Map pushing is a hard, and often times unfair job, but I am simply trying to bring certain maps I feel should be given attention front and center.

Guprehyo

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm really happy that they're adding new maps frequently now! The old ones were getting kind of stale I must say.

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
Alright, I am very pleased with this update, mostly because it got my map taken care of, but I still understand everyone's point about Green Grass. I feel there are so many amazing maps already in the Finished Map section, and maybe this can help whoever has final say over maps pick more quality options:

Residential Parks by Epo
Elysia by Jusser (Discovery Works)
Rebellions District by Sanders
Alvarian by Helix
Helios by SuperxAndrew (bias af)
Ozymandias by Ninetailefox92 (Red Forest)
Forestside by Novaaa
Lost Ridge by Team Elite
Chilled To The Core by wronsiski (Discovery Works)

All of these are of equal or greater (most greater) quality than Green Grass.

Green Grass is a good map, don't get me wrong, but the theme is unoriginal compared to Par 72 which is already on the servers. I just feel like a lot of maps get left out and forgotten. That is the purpose of this post. To shed light on certain maps that are quality enough to be part of the game, but seem to get passed by at every update.

Again, no disrespect intended here. Map pushing is a hard, and often times unfair job, but I am simply trying to bring certain maps I feel should be given attention front and center.
I cannot agree more, all of those maps definitely deserve a spot on the servers. And for the record; Rebellions District is 3 days away from being in the finished map section for a full year *wink* *wink*

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Everything that SuperxAndrew said. Absolutely so true.

I could write a 2000 word essay on this stuff, but for the sake of not boring you and me, I'll leave it.

Listen, I am a little disappointed about this map update. The maps will people happy that they play so similar to ________ map. Sure, people will like that the map has OP routes. But "Par 72" is NOT a theme! If you get a bunch of people making maps based off of that map, building, and maps in general, become dull and repetitive, and players definitely don't want that. The last thing you want your players to say when they see a new map is "This looks exactly like ___________ map".

Maybe I just have a different view on building than most here. But for me, a good map will look good if it wasn't a SG map. Yes, playability is important but it is not the only important thing. Theme, shaping, realism, atmosphere; those all come into account when you're building, and I agree with Andrew that there are so many maps that could do that better than what you've put on the server today.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci