• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Updates SG Map Updates: More New Maps

Shadowed

Diamond
Reaction score
The new maps rolling in are simply amazing seeing more various maps!

BigFella

Platinum
Reaction score
Great work to all build teams. Hopefully you guys will enjoy playing on these new/updated maps

Tuatara

District 13
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm going to like these maps.. Green Grass looks like Par 72 and Springfield SG seems to cheesy..

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
Are there seriously only 3 (Original) new maps this whole map update?
3 of the maps added are revamps/updates, the other 3 are new original maps.
There are so many good maps in the finished map section right now, its just sad how they all have to wait 3 to 4 months again. As for the new maps, Green Grass looks fine to me, I can imagine it becoming a popular map. The placement of the buildings on springfield however throws me off a lot, and the size of the map makes me wonder if people like it. Nevertheless a smooth map update, but I personally was looking for more new maps.

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
Green Grass, you mean Par 72 v3

Literally identical in places, also took builds from a Youtubers 'how to build' series basically block for block and blatantly took from SG4 too. 'Inspired by' doesn't mean 'blatantly copy'
Example: https://twitter.com/Haley16_/status/606319269048139777

I'm disappointed the map was selected, because not only is it blatantly mimicing other maps but .. its poorly constructed. Check out the poorly terraformed 'mountains' in the screenshots I linked.

/shrug/

Sorry, i just feel map selection quality has gone downhill.

(SG springfield gets a thumbs up tho)

itchy

Survivor
Reaction score
3- Removed some Tier 2 Chests on "Inertia"
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Literally identical in places, also took builds from a Youtubers 'how to build' series basically block for block and blatantly took from SG4 too. 'Inspired by' doesn't mean 'blatantly copy'

I'm disappointed the map was selected, because not only is it blatantly mimicing other maps but .. its poorly constructed. Check out the poorly terraformed 'mountains' in the screenshots I linked.

/shrug/

I personally don't care about who took whose specific placement of blocks. It's too damn good of a map to care.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score

/shrug/

<3

But in all seriousness, you have very strong points. I feel like Green Grass is more of a combination of maps rather than something genuine.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to the comments made regarding Springfield by the public. Springfield SG was a map intended to be a replica of a cartoon, hence the cartoony theme and obscure proportions of buildings. This map has underwent a year's worth of fixing and spicing up from the comments the community has given us.

Here is a never before seen overhead look at Springfield (note that some of the map didn't render in):

As you can see, there is a cluster of buildings in the town square but that's what most town centres are like. I guess you can't really make a judgement until you try the map :).

OmerParlakyigtYT

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm glad the new maps.But Breeze Island 1 map as soon as possible should, I think, because I love that map :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci