• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Updates SG Map Updates - 24th July 2015

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
♦ Fortress Pyke - 24 Player
♦ Shady Hollow - 24 Player
♦ Survival Kingdom - 24 Player *
♦ Teweran Survival Games 3: Futuristic City - 24 Player
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!

Not cool, I liked all of these :(

Fortress Pyke was not only nostalgic, but balanced for those who knew the map. Shady Hollow was, in my opinion, SuperxAndrew's best work along with incredibly good tiering, Survival Kingdom I can understand it's removal but I knew all the secrets so I'll miss it so and TSG3 was ruined by it's poor retierment.

It's a shame, these were some of my favorite maps, but in with the old, out with the new. All things must go at some point.

Last edited:

Planetary

Career
Reaction score
Umm you guys forgot to remove Valentines too :p (idk lyfe anymore).

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
As i stated on the first page, Valentines IS being removed. After the thread was posted, I reminded AlpakaWhacker that it was meant to be removed back in February. So its being removed. Chill y'all

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!

Not cool, I liked all of these :(

Fortress Pyke was not only nostalgic, but balanced for those who knew the map. Shady Hollow was, in my opinion, SuperxAndrew's best work along with incredibly good tiering, Survival Kingdom I can understand it's removal but I knew all the secrets so I'll miss it so and TSG3 was ruined by it's poor retierment.

It's a shame, these were some of my favorite maps, but in with the old, out with the new. All things must go at some point.
except shady hallow isn't really old lol

Rick Astley

Career
Reaction score
Finally that disease known as Futuristic City got removed.
Thanks MCGamer for those full leather Deathmatches because you nerfed my route!

Unuxon

Career
Reaction score
I think some of the discontinued maps should be brought back as well like Wyverns, there was nothing wrong with the map it was a lot more interesting then playing adrenaline, green grass, estyr and springfield over and over again. Also I don't know why yellowstone was removed that was a cool map, and moonlight wasn't a favorite at first but it was a fun map for a quick game. Newer maps are very boring compared to older ones. I would take any old map over these newer ones all of them were much more exciting.

Last edited:

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Well, I'm not going to be salty because I know Shady Hollow was removed based off statistics and not "just because". However, it is disappointing, to say the least, that it is being removed.

The map, in its first release, was laggy. This was most likely due to the complex, sophisticated redstone throughout the map and the numerous entities (item frames, etc.).

Little do most people know the map was fixed very soon after its release to be lag free, and MCGamer staff, doing as they do, took nearly 8 months to implement the Shady Hollow update. By that time the map's reputation was already ruined and any update added wouldn't make a difference.

So, RIP Shady Hollow.

By the way, I realize I'm biased, so feel free to call me out on it, but I'll continue to maintain the mindset that it was one of the better built maps (in terms off playability and building) that the servers have seen. It just got a bad reputation, that by the time it was fixed, the damage was already done.

At least you people like Zone 85, or I'd be out of business. xD

#WhereIsThatMapContest

Edit:

As for the other maps added/removed I'm going to choose to not care anymore. I haven't actually played SG in a long time. I just build now. So whatever the staff feels like they need to add, so be it.
I will say one thing though, "less is more" and "quality over quantity", these things better be considered soon before MCGamer's map community's quality plummets.

Last edited:

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
Well, I'm not going to be salty because I know Shady Hollow was removed based off statistics and not "just because". However, it is disappointing, to say the least, that it is being removed.

The map, in its first release, was laggy. This was most likely due to the complex, sophisticated redstone throughout the map and the numerous entities (item frames, etc.).

Little do most people know the map was fixed very soon after its release to be lag free, and MCGamer staff, doing as they do, took nearly 8 months to implement the Shady Hollow update. By that time the map's reputation was already ruined and any update added wouldn't make a difference.

So, RIP Shady Hollow.

By the way, I realize I'm biased, so feel free to call me out on it, but I'll continue to maintain the mindset that it was one of the better built maps (in terms off playability and building) that the servers have seen. It just got a bad reputation, that by the time it was fixed, the damage was already done.

At least you people like Zone 85, or I'd be out of business. xD

#WhereIsThatMapContest
I will forever love Shady Hollow Andrew, And I am sure I'm not the only one!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci