• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Updates SG Map Updates - 24th July 2015

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Well, I'm not going to be salty because I know Shady Hollow was removed based off statistics and not "just because". However, it is disappointing, to say the least, that it is being removed.

The map, in its first release, was laggy. This was most likely due to the complex, sophisticated redstone throughout the map and the numerous entities (item frames, etc.).

Little do most people know the map was fixed very soon after its release to be lag free, and MCGamer staff, doing as they do, took nearly 8 months to implement the Shady Hollow update. By that time the map's reputation was already ruined and any update added wouldn't make a difference.

So, RIP Shady Hollow.

By the way, I realize I'm biased, so feel free to call me out on it, but I'll continue to maintain the mindset that it was one of the better built maps (in terms off playability and building) that the servers have seen. It just got a bad reputation, that by the time it was fixed, the damage was already done.

At least you people like Zone 85, or I'd be out of business. xD

#WhereIsThatMapContest

Edit:

As for the other maps added/removed I'm going to choose to not care anymore. I haven't actually played SG in a long time. I just build now. So whatever the staff feels like they need to add, so be it.
I will say on thing though, "less is more" and "quality over quantity", these things better be considered soon before MCGamer's map community's quality plummets.
Vouch :p It's what real modern is, unlike most "modern" MCG maps.

xMacros

Tribute
Reaction score
Im so unhappy u removed Shady Hollow, its a great map and I no its never played but its not an old map, it was released at the same time as par 72. And I'm also unhappy u removed Fortress Pyke, that map is played and its not rare, plus its one of my fave maps right now. But thank u so much for removin Teweran SG3, horrible map and its so old it needs to go. But I dont understand how u removed The Lost Zoo, dat was also played a fair bit, is not old and is a great map. I haven't played any of the new maps yet there never played, I wanna play 1 but I dont have donor, I cant wait to play them!

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Im so unhappy u removed Shady Hollow, its a great map and I no its never played but its not an old map, it was released at the same time as par 72. And I'm also unhappy u removed Fortress Pyke, that map is played and its not rare, plus its one of my fave maps right now. But thank u so much for removin Teweran SG3, horrible map and its so old it needs to go. But I dont understand how u removed The Lost Zoo, dat was also played a fair bit, is not old and is a great map. I haven't played any of the new maps yet there never played, I wanna play 1 but I dont have donor, I cant wait to play them!
I play a lot of SG and Lost Zoo has never once gone through the voting. I actually haven't played it at all

xMacros

Tribute
Reaction score
I play a lot of SG and Lost Zoo has never once gone through the voting. I actually haven't played it at all
srsly? I played it a fair bit before it was removed. Also I dont see the decision to remove Survival Kingdom on 24 player and keep it on 48 player seeing as the 48 player version is extremely glitched

Enlighten

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Glad to see these great new additions! Congratulations to all of those who helped work on these amazing maps. :)

RumorHasIt

Spectator
Reaction score
Shady Hollows was probably the best map for me in my opinion, I don't know why they decided to remove it. :c

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci