• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Updates SG Map Updates - 24th July 2015

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
First off, I'd like to say that these map additions are great choices, they all look fresh and clean and ready for the servers…but, I'm here to talk about the removed maps.

All of the maps removed, have mainly been classics of MCSG, they ones that you could name off with no trouble, they've been around for months and even years. Obviously people still enjoy them, but they are all around unplayed because of sweeping change coming over the servers, the game, is not as it once was.

Not only that, but these maps all had something in common in many older maps: they promoted survival and exploration, they were not simply arenas for PVP.

This is what seperates good from bad maps, and what makes them memorable and fun to play on. And when you get right down to it, that's why MCSG is here, it's so memorable, everything about it, the people, the game, everything. Removing these maps, is removing a part of it.

"The past, the present, and the future are really one: they are today."

-Harriet Beecher Stowe

Here you go…

This is the 666th thread in "News and Announcements."

It also happens to be the thread that is stating that Fortress Pyke and Survival Kingdom are being removed. Coincidence? I think not.

(lol)
Fortress Pyke and Survival Kingdom are being removed as stated on the 666th thread on News and Announcements.

Whoa!

Do you see what I see?

Let me show you…

There are 7 letters in Fortress. There are 4 letters in Pyke. There are 8 letters in survival. There are 7 letters in kingdom.

7+4+8+7 is 26.

There are 26 miles in a marathon.

Is it just me or is this getting really suspicious…

It's almost as if Fortress Pyke and Survival Kingdom is connected by a marathon…

They are both in the game Minecraft! It must make sense…

Minecraft has 9 letters.

The square route of 9 is 3.

Fortress Pyke and Survival Kingdom are two different maps.

2 times 3 is 6.

6 three times is 666.

Wait…

Fortress Pyke and Survival Kingdom have been removed on the 666th thread of the News and Announcements section.

They tried to hide the evidence…

But we have enough…

chadthedj has 9 letters.

9-6 is 3.

There are three sides on a triangle.

Illuminati is a triangle.

chadthedj=illuminati confirmed.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
First off, I'd like to say that these map additions are great choices, they all look fresh and clean and ready for the servers…but, I'm here to talk about the removed maps.

All of the maps removed, have mainly been classics of MCSG, they ones that you could name off with no trouble, they've been around for months and even years. Obviously people still enjoy them, but they are all around unplayed because of sweeping change coming over the servers, the game, is not as it once was.

Not only that, but these maps all had something in common in many older maps: they promoted survival and exploration, they were not simply arenas for PVP.

This is what seperates good from bad maps, and what makes them memorable and fun to play on. And when you get right down to it, that's why MCSG is here, it's so memorable, everything about it, the people, the game, everything. Removing these maps, is removing a part of it.

"The past, the present, and the future are really one: they are today."

-Harriet Beecher Stowe

Here you go…

Fortress Pyke and Survival Kingdom are being removed as stated on the 666th thread on News and Announcements.

Whoa!

Do you see what I see?

Let me show you…

There are 7 letters in Fortress. There are 4 letters in Pyke. There are 8 letters in survival. There are 7 letters in kingdom.

7+4+8+7 is 26.

There are 26 miles in a marathon.

Is it just me or is this getting really suspicious…

It's almost as if Fortress Pyke and Survival Kingdom is connected by a marathon…

They are both in the game Minecraft! It must make sense…

Minecraft has 9 letters.

The square route of 9 is 3.

Fortress Pyke and Survival Kingdom are two different maps.

2 times 3 is 6.

6 three times is 666.

Wait…

Fortress Pyke and Survival Kingdom have been removed on the 666th thread of the News and Announcements section.

They tried to hide the evidence…

But we have enough…

chadthedj has 9 letters.

9-6 is 3.

There are three sides on a triangle.

Illuminati is a triangle.

chadthedj=illuminati confirmed.
I wish I could like this post more than once.

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
Wonderful maps! Congratulations to all of the new "Map - Makers"! I especially like Winterhaven simply because it reminds me of a ski resort I visit every winter :3!

Also, does anyone know when another batch of new maps it due to be released? :D

PowerOfGuri

Career
Reaction score
Wonderful maps! Congratulations to all of the new "Map - Makers"! I especially like Winterhaven simply because it reminds me of a ski resort I visit every winter :3!

Also, does anyone know when another batch of new maps it due to be released? :D
WOW!

A signature that don't have ~Vanth in the end xD

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
I might not be apart of this community anymore, but I still come back on the forums for the feels
Looking this over actually made me cry.
Fortress Pyke, my favorite map ever; beautifully landscaped and diverse in areas, was removed.... on my birthday. Just a way to add insult to injury.

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score
RIP fortress pyke, probs had one of the most op chest rooms and routes on that map. was also added along side yellowstone and my map, #2012memories

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci