• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Petition to bring back Demons Breeze

Should they bring back Demons Breeze?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyMan725

Experienced
Reaction score
Hated that map yet I want it back. We had some good times punchin' people in the lava, eh?

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/stats/polls/
It's poll #4, you need to scroll down to see it.
That pool was never taken into account as the Admins and developers alike believed players read it wrong.. Fire or Ice. They believed they were voting that they preferred Fire when really they were contributing to wanting it removed.

The poll on the forums went much smoother and majority choose to remove Freeze Island

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
That pool was never taken into account as the Admins and developers alike believed players read it wrong.. Fire or Ice. They believed they were voting that they preferred Fire when really they were contributing to wanting it removed.

The poll on the forums went much smoother and majority choose to remove Freeze Island
I was only linking evermore to it? He asked someone to link him :p

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Why are these the only two opinions?
These servers are all about having fun and Demons Breeze was one of the most fun maps to play on.
Demons Breeze may have been based off Breeze but they are by no means the same map. Their gameplay is completely unique and they couldn't be more different.
Demons and Breeze are arguably the most popular maps. So instead of removing the popular and most liked maps why don't we discontinue lesser played/unfavoured maps such as Survival Kingdom, Kharmunrah, Treacherous Heights, Teweran SG1, Teweran SG3, Vareide SG3, Vareide SG5, Fallen Empire or Fallen Collosi?
Even the three newest maps the map committee selected are rarely played; Vida Cova, Remnant and Origins.

Yes they're all well made maps but their gameplay is far from the best.
No offense to the map makers but there were far better maps to choose from than those three.
Mainly due to the very unbalanced corns on all three.
They provide awful deathmatch experiences, yet they get chosen over maps like Imperial Venue which makes the ideal SG map..
However, since 2 of those maps were created by members of the committee itself I can only feel a hint of biased-ism towards those maps in particular.
Once again well made maps and it obviously took a lot of skill to make.. They just aren't as fun to play don't don't offer a fair gameplay to all players.

In future the map committee should decide things based on what the community want. Not what they want.

Don't remove one of the most popular maps on our server.
Sorry philly but your bias in this post is pretty ridiculous, Saying a map you worked on is the ideal SG map is a flawed statement as obviously you would have a high view of it, since you worked on it, also you worked on demons breeze, so its not surprising you don't want it removed but you should be constructing an argument which isnt biased before accusing the map committee of being biased itself. Your opinions are so generalized that it is completely destroying the base of your thread, and you say the map committee should decide things based on what the community wants, but this whole thread is about what you personally want. You list maps saying they aren't played even though they clearly are, for instance I see Origins played a lot and it is a big favourite in the community, and listing TSG1 as a map which is unfavoured? its a great map which many people love, I rarely hear criticism towards it. If TSG1 was removed the uproar would be much larger than this. I am not saying the map committee is free from bias as that would be impossible, but before pointing out our flaws you should rethink your argument as it is pretty hypocritical.

Justin

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, I liked Freeze Island. It got taken away too ;-;. I really like Fallen Empire too. But eh, maps come and go.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree those maps are farr less player and nowhere near as popular as some maps.
But, that won't happen as the leaders/creators of those two maps are members of the Sr staff.

Tbh, I quite like kharmunrah and believe it should be an MCSG maps.. Can't say the same about Fallen Empire though
fallen empires problems are not the map we are going to replace it with the single corn one

iShowny

Survivor
Reaction score
For the topic on having it re-added, there are two options:
  • Have Demon's Breeze replace Breeze Island.
  • Have an original map made based off of the idea of Demon's Breeze with the same gameplay aspects in mind be added in place of Demon's Breeze (this was the original plan and the map was half-finished, but the owner of the map left recently on a 2 year LOA, forgetting to give us the map).
These are the only compromises we as the map committee can make when it comes to this map.
I am sorry but the map committee does not have the MCSG community's opinion as their priority if this is the case. MCSG is supposed to be about having fun and it appears that nearly 3/4 of the community (so far) want it back. They are completely different maps. Lava vs water.. dead trees vs leaves.. platforms vs swimming. To be honest, I've been noticing a lot of small mistakes such as this one that MCSG has been making recently.. I want to see MCSG grow in players, not diminish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci