• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum Moderator

Do you want this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
*Here comes a long rant*

Well, we do distribute our staff all over the forums. Like if you could see the Report Abuse, it is nearly the same person dealing with the RP. We try to put our staff members in a place we feel they are computable. We make sure that they can do that part of their job as well as we hope and if not we try them with something else. We like to let out staff do what they want to do otherwise you are forcing them to do something they may struggle with. Also if someone is a forum moderator I think that they would not be allowed Moderator in-game as that is not what they are hired for. So I don't see why they would be given Moderator in-game. I also don't like how you say:
We do try our best to remove these threads but if you could see how many go on the forums via. the stats you would see why we struggle. In one day there are about 10 Ugg Threads for everyone 3 normal thread's. So we do struggle but also do try. Also you say a:

The forums are quite clean at the moment but if they are not then a member of staff somewhere along the line will deal with it. Also you say a con is:

This would be more work for the Senior Staff members as they struggle to deal with the normal Moderator applications so then looking through the forum Moderator applications would be putting more pressure on our Senior Staff members. I know for a fact that the Senior Staff members do not need the stress this would bring.

You say what do you mean here? The Moderators work all over the Minecraft Survival Games community, servers and forums, so I don't know how you can know call us

I am personally not backing this in any way, shape or form.
1. It would take a bunch of work off your shoulders
2. The forums is NOT clean
3. I reported 10 threads in the last 5 days and none of them got removed, I didn't even get a reply
4. I still see a point in this

AlexHH25

Experienced
Reaction score
3. I reported 10 threads in the last 5 days and none of them got removed, I didn't even get a reply
Well, if this did happen it would be hard to teach them. The forums are being cleaned at the moment and who did you actually report this to as alot of our staff are on a AFK break so that may be why. Also most people actually post it to a mod who is either online or been online continuously, if you just choose a mod that you have sent to before without checking out their last log in that may be why.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Uh, the Report button works.

Reactions: Le0

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, if this did happen it would be hard to teach them. The forums are being cleaned at the moment and who did you actually report this to as alot of our staff are on a AFK break so that may be why. Also most people actually post it to a mod who is either online or been online continuously, if you just choose a mod that you have sent to before without checking out their last log in that may be why.
Mabye. Still I don't know why you are so against this. It is just going to reduce the time the mods have to spend on the forums, and more in game were we really need you. ON the forums many of the active members are just doing nothing, like playing forum games and such. If this idea was realized then we could spend that time doing something productive like deleting all those ugg threads and stuff. (Helping members also)

AlexHH25

Experienced
Reaction score
Mabye. Still I don't know why you are so against this. It is just going to reduce the time the mods have to spend on the forums, and more in game were we really need you. ON the forums many of the active members are just doing nothing, like playing forum games and such. If this idea was realized then we could spend that time doing something productive like deleting all those ugg threads and stuff. (Helping members also)
Well, alot of Moderators have been accepted due to this problem so it should start to get "fixed up"......

MyNameIsSaar

Career
Reaction score
In theory sure.. it could be helpful. But as it is right now, more mods, even if they are just forum mods, would mean more staff, more people in the crew, more people to take care of, and so on and so forth. Some mods, like I like to spend time both in game and on the forums, just like me, spend time on the ts and try and help out where ever I can.
Staff members have to be attentive both in game and on the forums, otherwise there would be a rift between the two. I do see having someone be in charge of the forums as something that should be done, but I believe that it should be someone that is already on the team rather than hiring new mods.

For all the "too-long-did-not-read" : No, it would cause more problems than solving.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In theory sure.. it could be helpful. But as it is right now, more mods, even if they are just forum mods, would mean more staff, more people in the crew, more people to take care of, and so on and so forth. Some mods, like I like to spend time both in game and on the forums, just like me, spend time on the ts and try and help out where ever I can.
Staff members have to be attentive both in game and on the forums, otherwise there would be a rift between the two. I do see having someone be in charge of the forums as something that should be done, but I believe that it should be someone that is already on the team rather than hiring new mods.

For all the "too-long-did-not-read" : No, it would cause more problems than solving.
That's what the "Yes, but in a different way" option was for :)

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I support this idea, as I feel that it would make life easier for mods in general, as well as creating a greater moderator presence and activity on the forums.

To paraphrase the arguments against this idea, they can all be summed up as along the lines of, 'This is not needed'. And I agree, it is not strictly necessary. However, I think the effects will be beneficial overall. These new forum mods (who only get mod on the forums, not in game, Alex), can help police the forums, delete Ugg boot posts and other, similar spam threads, and answer questions. I know that mods do police the forums currently, but I believe that their job would be much easier if they were able to truly focus all their energies on in game moderation (though all in game moderators would have forum moderator as well, and be able to moderate the forums if they so wished). Though these forum mods aren't needed per say, I think they would be useful for the reasons listed.

The one argument that, in my opinion, stymies the idea is that of more work for Sr. Moderators and admins. It will create an additional field of applications that they must reply to, as well as requiring a new application template to be written up. However, if they are willing to go through this slight bit of extra work, I think that the forums will benefit greatly.

These are just my opinions, and if you disagree with anything I've said, let me know and I'll try to clarify my thinking on the matter.

-Zeno

Antster360

District 13
Reaction score
We have forum moderators. Not the physical tag "Forum Moderator" but we do look at stuff that gets reported, or at least I randomly check these kinds of threads. xD

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes.
I myself thought about creating a thread on this but obviously Daniel got to it before me :p

I get that many of the current staff have said they don't support this but I actually think it'd be a great help.
To the mods, have you ever seen those threads saying "Help please" or "What is this"? You'll notice that a fair few of the active forum members will almost always reply before the staff members. Having this would actually improve efficiency and benefit the whole community.

Saar raised a point about Forum Mods being more of a hindrance than help but if you think about it, how many mods are there currently?
A.friggin.lot.

It's my opinion that only about ten forum'ers deserve the rank. It may seem fairly cocky but I think I would be one of those people. My personal opinion is that these people deserve the rank;

Zeno
XxGagaxX
Stijn
VebbiHD
toby22
Hystericallify
maxlupus

That's off the top of my head, I've probably missed a few.

Anyway, to sum up on my opinion;
#FMods2013
Sounds good. I don't see the reason for nominating people as it would be decided on who applies. I definitely think some of those people would be good for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci