• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum Moderator

Do you want this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Guys this is not going to happen, I already applied for that kind of job.
A "Forum" only mod is not going to happen, so I got declined. Which means I will never become mod since I don't want to spend too much time in game.
Didn't know about that. Meh, mabye they will change it xD

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
I'm disappointed you never mentioned me, I spend a lot of time around here!
Anyways, I support this, there should be a Moderator on the Forums for those who are less active in-game and more active in the Forums. It can take the load off most of the Moderators.

Oh and, almost forgot!
NO MORE "Ugg" threads!
Made my day

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Anyways, I support this, there should be a Moderator on the Forums for those who are less active in-game and more active in the Forums. It can take the load off most of the Moderators.
SORRY xD I TOTALLY forgot about you :) I was having a convo with max and remembered Vebbi since I was watching one of his youtube videos.......(Ill add you)

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Actually, I kind of like this idea.

I played on a game called Runescape, and they did this same exact thing. Sometimes it can be a bit of a pain to have to moderator both places. Going forum to forum for some people might not be very interesting, but others love to do it.

Thisnothend

Survivor
Reaction score
I see no reason this shouldnt exist really but why not just apply for overall mod and have mod for when you do go on the servers and just put your emphasis on the forums?

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I see no reason this shouldnt exist really but why not just apply for overall mod and have mod for when you do go on the servers and just put your emphasis on the forums?
You would get demoted. Happened to one of my freinds. I am not saying that you shouldn't apply for overall mod, and that ingame mods shouldn't have power on the forums, but it would make the in game mods focus more on INGAME and the forum mods to focus on the FORUMS.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like this if only because I'm sick of spam threads everywhere. I used to report them, but a lot of the time they were just left there for at least a day, so there wasn't much point.

AlexHH25

Experienced
Reaction score
Well, the title kind of says it all. I used to play on a server (Vaultcraft) that had 2 type of staff. In game staff and forum staff.

Pros:
  • People can spend more time monitoring the forums
  • Some people (like maxlupus or VebbiHD) spend more time on the forums than in game, and they could be using that time to help the community, just on the forums
  • NO MORE "Ugg" threads!
  • Overall a cleaner forum
Cons:
  • More time spent reviewing forum moderator applications
  • Possible abuse
Tell me what you guys think!

EDIT: In game moderators will still have mod via in game and forum, this is just for the people that want to moderate forum ONLY. Edit 2: People I would nominate for forum mod: VebbiHD, maxlupus, Stijn, Hystericallify, Danielbess, toby22,@Zeno, soggypickle, XxGagaxX, Sazaking and all the other active members and in game moderators.
*Here comes a long rant*

Well, we do distribute our staff all over the forums. Like if you could see the Report Abuse, it is nearly the same person dealing with the RP. We try to put our staff members in a place we feel they are computable. We make sure that they can do that part of their job as well as we hope and if not we try them with something else. We like to let out staff do what they want to do otherwise you are forcing them to do something they may struggle with. Also if someone is a forum moderator I think that they would not be allowed Moderator in-game as that is not what they are hired for. So I don't see why they would be given Moderator in-game. I also don't like how you say:
We do try our best to remove these threads but if you could see how many go on the forums via. the stats you would see why we struggle. In one day there are about 10 Ugg Threads for everyone 3 normal thread's. So we do struggle but also do try. Also you say a:
The forums are quite clean at the moment but if they are not then a member of staff somewhere along the line will deal with it. Also you say a con is:
This would be more work for the Senior Staff members as they struggle to deal with the normal Moderator applications so then looking through the forum Moderator applications would be putting more pressure on our Senior Staff members. I know for a fact that the Senior Staff members do not need the stress this would bring.

You would get demoted. Happened to one of my friends. I am not saying that you shouldn't apply for overall mod, and that in-game mods shouldn't have power on the forums, but it would make the in game mods focus more on INGAME and the forum mods to focus on the FORUMS.
You say
.....in game mods....
what do you mean here? The Moderators work all over the Minecraft Survival Games community, servers and forums, so I don't know how you can know call us
ingame mods
I am personally not backing this in any way, shape or form.

Reactions: Le0

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
If only...
I got denied first time for age, then my second app was declined because they closed apps the day before my birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci