• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum Moderator

Do you want this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, the title kind of says it all. I used to play on a server (Vaultcraft) that had 2 type of staff. In game staff and forum staff.

Pros:
  • People can spend more time monitoring the forums
  • Some people (like maxlupus or VebbiHD) spend more time on the forums than in game, and they could be using that time to help the community, just on the forums
  • NO MORE "Ugg" threads!
  • Overall a cleaner forum
Cons:
  • More time spent reviewing forum moderator applications
  • Possible abuse
Tell me what you guys think!

EDIT: In game moderators will still have mod via in game and forum, this is just for the people that want to moderate forum ONLY. Edit 2: People I would nominate for forum mod: VebbiHD, maxlupus, Stijn, Hystericallify, Danielbess, toby22,@Zeno, soggypickle, XxGagaxX, Sazaking and all the other active members and in game moderators.

Xxpsbounty567xX

Survivor
Reaction score
I like the theory but there is a of concern for me. People like slasher who do both moderate the forums and the games would have no power here witch i don't like. That is really the only problem with the idea for me.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry, I need to refrase that. Slasher would still have moderator both via ingame and forums, just for the people that want to moderate forums ONLY.

Reaction score
This seems like a good idea, for people who spend lots of time on the forums. Some mods dont go on the forums alot, so this would be helpful.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
My vote is no, sorry.

I can understand where you are coming from, but the fact is that a lot of our current moderators and staff are already heavily active on the forums already. Part of being a MCSG mod in general is to help moderate the forums, and it is already done well. There are always staff online, and there seems to be no point as if anything we need more staff on the servers themselves.

Edit: Regarding Uggs, after months of going through and deleting and reporting all the threads, there are still hundreds that appear. Unless we had staff refreshing and waiting to delete them as soon as they appear (which we do do sometimes if we have nothing else to do) they would still be around, forum mods or no.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
My vote is no, sorry.

I can understand where you are coming from, but the fact is that a lot of our current moderators and staff are already heavily active on the forums already. Part of being a MCSG mod in general is to help moderate the forums, and it is already done well. There are always staff online, and there seems to be no point as if anything we need more staff on the servers themselves.
Let me adress your point. I do agree that there is always staff online, but it wouldn't hurt if there was more. Some of the active people on the forums can help a lot to keep things appropriate, free of spam, and other things that the in game mods sometimes don't have time for.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
I like this. I would like to be a Forums Moderator since I'm active and I'm on almost everyday

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like this. I would like to be a Forums Moderator since I'm active and I'm on almost everyday
Yep. This is what I mean, since some people like me quit mincraft (too much homework) but I am still on the forums a bunch. I still want to help the community :)

P.S. It would be awesome if someone would tell kpwn243 and subv3rsion about this :)

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Guys this is not going to happen, I already applied for that kind of job.
A "Forum" only mod is not going to happen, so I got declined. Which means I will never become mod since I don't want to spend too much time in game.

I apologize, but your application was deniedfor the following reason(s):
Reason:
You can't apply for just a forum moderator.
You may reapply one more time if you would like to become a proper moderator, but please remember to read and follow this guide:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...vailable-volunteer-staff-positions-mcsg.7389/
~Gibbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci