• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum Moderator

Do you want this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score
What the hell is up with the Ugg threads anyway?._.

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
They're not needed as there is not much they can do. Sure, they can answer questions and delete/lock threads but that's something regular members can already do. If a thread needs locking or deleting then they can use the report button. We always have mods on the forums checking the reported items so it's not really an issue. In addition, the forum items can be handled quickly so mods dedicated to the forums wouldn't be needed as they would have nothing to do if someone else has already dealt with the reported items.

Note: Doing #Reqlock isn't the same as using the report button. It doesn't speed up the thread locking process and seems condescending as it implies that mods that are already looking at that thread doesn't know if it should be locked or not.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okey dokey. I guess enough moderators said they are not needed for them to not get implemented. Ever..... :(

MyNameIsSaar

Career
Reaction score
"Firstly, is this not slightly offensive to us "peasants"? Seeing as you're the one saying that some staff members would see themselves as more important than us?"
- No I'm saying even if all the mods wanted it and one admin didn't, it probably wouldn't happen. Whether I like it or not, as a mod, even if I want and try to make this community better, my limitations stop me. I'm not saying you're not important, I'm saying its not US who make the decision, I should have made it more clear I do include myself in the group of people who can't really make too much of a change. And telling Chad how to run his servers and his staff is diffirent than where he should open servers. If it were me, I might even be offended by this {even though I'm kinda touchy-feely like that and take offence quick}.

"The fact that Forum Moderators aren't needed doesn't really convince me at all. Again, going back to our AU servers; they weren't needed. We could've just kept on lagging in US, but we didn't. Why?
Because higher members of staff could see that this would be hugely beneficial and they chose to input it.
It is my opinion that this could also be beneficial, which is why it should be implemented.
It's not needed, but it can't do any harm."
- It can do SOOOOOO much harm, this is where {if I were to say mods are better/know better than players} it would be here. Because there's the side to modding these servers that anyone who isn't staff can't see. The side where mods with higher powers {Sr. Mods+} abuse/ get power hungry. Currently no ones doing this {thank the almighty flying spaghetti! RAMEN!} but it's happened in the past, not to mention the fighting and disagreeing that already happens between mods now. Giving people ONLY "Forum Mod" will make them feel less powerful than those with both "Forum Mod" and "In-Game Mod" will just cause more fights, more power hungry people, more people who look down on others. And you could argue against this saying "they know they will have less powers, they know that the others are most modly, and above them" but that'll just cause fights and rifts between mods. The staff has to be one FULL unit of people, all having either Mod, equal same powers to everyone of this level {which is somewhere around 100 people or more now} or higher ups, trusted people who worked hard to earn being more trusted. It's just unfair to make it so there's a level below mod. Its just gonna open ways to mock people. Imagine being a "Forum Mod" and telling someone on the forums off and then he just goes "Youuuuuuuuuu are just a Forum Mod! What are you gonna do?! Delete my post!" Think of how devestating that could be to someone. People come online to get away from those kind of people, making lesser and better types of Mods would just be stupid. It could hurt people, way more than it could benefit people.

"To clear up the forums.
To make current moderators jobs easier.
To me, in no way could this be a hindrance to you guys.
Although obviously, we disagree again."
-Again, as an "In-Game Mod" most of my bans come from the site, most of the things I do come from the site. If i had the permission to make it better I would be working on it this exact moment, but I don't, currently admins and up can do most of the important things, and sometimes Sr. Mods and up, like taking care of the "UGG guys" I LIKE working on the forums, if this thing takes away me working on the forums because there's a new type of "Mod" so I can focus on "In-Game troubles" I will have NOTHING to do as a mod. I cant go from server to server just looking for hackers.. when i do find a hacker I record it and move on, but it's stupid to make that my ONLY job. I can't take care of lag, I cant help with no cheat. That's all developer things. And if you say "but you can mod both!" then why would anyone apply to be forum mod?! why have less power than a different type of mod when you could probably have the same type of mod as them. How would you feel if someone who has "In-Game Mod" just came and did all your work for you? would you be annoyed at him for it?

"One last thing I wanted to say was that don't you think it's fair to give it a chance?
What's wrong with that?
Another thing is that age wise (assuming it was a lower requirement) it gives us a fair shot."
- Not gonna lie, If anything, it'll have HIGHER age requirement, you need to be more mature on the forums than on the servers.. So really... it'll either be the same age, or probably a higher age.

Hope this cleared my point of view why this would be a bad idea...

******IF YOU'RE LAZY!******
- It would not help, only take away some of the work, I don't think moderating the forums is that hard, and I find it fun, if we have those mods I wont have anything to do on here.
- It could and probably would hurt the Forums Mods feelings.
- There aren't too many In-Game things to do... Most bans come from report abuse, that's a fact.
-The age requirement most likely wont be lower.

~~MyNameIsSaar

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Okay, so, we can't just have forum moderator because we need in game staff as well as forum moderators. Working solely on the forums is not what we really want so having just forum mods is out of the question.

For the people you nominated, you can't just nominate someone and they instantly get moderator. If we even did forum only moderators then they would have to go through the same application as people applying for moderator on the servers or builder or developer. You can't just call a vote and expect them to get it. It's a decision made by the Sr.Staff and the Sr.Staff only (although we do take into accounts some peoples feelings).

Forum moderators out of the question, anyway, I've been through 3 mod apps that were applying for forum mod only and 2 of them didn't even own a legit copy of Minecraft or even any copy of Minecraft, where as the other person claimed they couldn't move for lag.

Thank you for putting this idea forward but just forum mods are out of the question. We need mods that are both active on the servers and the forums as well as TS, not just forum moderators.

GibboAssassin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We have moderators/Higher ranks that are as dedicated to the forums as they are the servers (eg. Myself, Saar, Slasher, Antster, Acathine). We keep the forum clear as much as we can without actually not sleeping. If you see 'ugg boots' threads, report them and we shall deal with it. There is nothing stopping you from reporting those threads but instead you make threads like this that are pointless and don't actually realise that mods are on the forums doing the work.

We do the job, and like many people have said, you would be putting more work to do with more applications to look at and the moment people realise they could do that, we would be swamped with forum mod apps as well as the normal builder apps and mod apps that we get.

Forum moderator is out of the question. I have locked the thread since there is nothing else to discuss. If you have something you want to say, send me a personal message.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Also just wanted to clarify that yes people come across spam threads but usually members of staff get to it within minutes and this can sometimes be made difficult when we are dealing with irl issues as well. A few people who are extremely active on the forums such as me, gibbo and slasher have been extremely busy as of recent and we just need a little understanding when it comes to seeing the spam threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci