• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forum Moderator

Do you want this?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antster360

District 13
Reaction score
Yes.
I myself thought about creating a thread on this but obviously Daniel got to it before me :p

I get that many of the current staff have said they don't support this but I actually think it'd be a great help.
To the mods, have you ever seen those threads saying "Help please" or "What is this"? You'll notice that a fair few of the active forum members will almost always reply before the staff members. Having this would actually improve efficiency and benefit the whole community.

Saar raised a point about Forum Mods being more of a hindrance than help but if you think about it, how many mods are there currently?
A.friggin.lot.

It's my opinion that only about ten forum'ers deserve the rank. It may seem fairly cocky but I think I would be one of those people. My personal opinion is that these people deserve the rank;

Zeno
XxGagaxX
Stijn
VebbiHD
toby22
Hystericallify
maxlupus

That's off the top of my head, I've probably missed a few.

Anyway, to sum up on my opinion;
#FMods2013
Gaga I am removing your post because we do not need people starting things about posting who should get mod or forum moderator etc. They can apply here if they want a shot at mod. http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...vailable-volunteer-staff-positions-mcsg.7389/

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
Sounds good. I don't see the reason for nominating people as it would be decided on who applies. I definitely think some of those people would be good for the job.
Or I could add you to my list, and we'd be allll good :p

We have forum moderators. Not the physical tag "Forum Moderator" but we do look at stuff that gets reported, or at least I randomly check these kinds of threads. xD
Please.
Just.
Say.
YES.
PLEASE.

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score

Antster360

District 13
Reaction score
Sure.
I wasn't trying to be bias or anything, just stating my opinion.
Could you leave the rest of it maybe?
Dang man I would of left it but I did it already before you said something :O Sorry.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
:eek: Anyway, I like these threads as we get to hear other people's opinions :D

MyNameIsSaar

Career
Reaction score
We have enough rifts between the staff. Since we would have staff that only has mod on the forums, and staff who has mod both in game and on the forums, there would be levels in mod, and there would be "reasons" for some mods to look down on others. Its sad, but it happens, and it makes me sick. We don't need this.
We need to take care of the forums, but not in this way, we need someone to clean it up, and who ever becomes in charge of that I will be here helping them and I've already got some ideas on how to help, but it needs to be a higher up, especially someone who wont "look down" on the other mods.
In my opinion this is not useful, we just said were not hiring more mods till further notice, so I don't see the point of this >.<

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Meh. Still don't see enough reasons why MCSG shouldn't have it. 15 like it, 8 people don't, and 2 people do but in a different way. #Demstats

MyNameIsSaar

Career
Reaction score
Yeah, but we don't NEED this. 15 people like it, but how many of those are the executives that will actually make that change? #NotReallyNeeded

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah, but we don't NEED this. 15 people like it, but how many of those are the executives that will actually make that change? #NotReallyNeeded
I agree it is not needed, but if you see my earlier post, I think that the overall benefits make it worth it.

And as to the schism it may create between the mods, I don't think this will actually end up being the case. From what I've eerie need from talking to a wide range of mods, they're all cool people, and not the sort who would look down on forum mods. Forum mods would just be focused mods, dedicated to forum moderation, and without in game powers (through choice). They wold not be lesser to the other mods, or 'inferior' in some way. They would take on that job because that is what they desire to do, not because it's easier to get. In my opinion, forum moderators should be judged as strictly as our current moderators are, and thus we will ensure equality between the ranks of mods, instead of forum mods having the 'easy' job.

Again, just my two cents, feel free to disagree.

-Zeno

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
I couldn't really get this off my mind whilst checking the forums, so I thought I'd give a little bit more input. I'm going to address each argument as I see it.

Firstly, is this not slightly offensive to us "peasants"? Seeing as you're the one saying that some staff members would see themselves as more important than us?
I don't think you meant to, as from what I've seen you've been a very good moderator, but still I don't think you need to say that we aren't important enough. The only person who can make that decision is Chad, therefore we are just supporting opinions. Remember when 100 of the forumers all supported the AU server division? It happened.
You could argue that a fair few staff where involved in that, but at least one moderator has supported this, so we have some support from that area.
The fact that Forum Moderators aren't needed doesn't really convince me at all. Again, going back to our AU servers; they weren't needed. We could've just kept on lagging in US, but we didn't. Why?
Because higher members of staff could see that this would be hugely beneficial and they chose to input it.
It is my opinion that this could also be beneficial, which is why it should be implemented.
It's not needed, but it can't do any harm.

I apologise Saar, it's not that I dislike you or anything, I just disagree with your POV.
Another argument you made was that
In my opinion this is not useful, we just said were not hiring more mods till further notice, so I don't see the point of this >.<
They aren't hiring mods because we have enough, yes? I mean, anyone can look at the moderator list and see we have a great number.
Forum Moderators would be made for a different role, therefore current moderator numbers wouldn't really affect it. You're a moderator so I hope you understand what I mean when I say that it'd lighten your load. Is it not a good thing if you don't have to deal with forum topics any more, allowing you to focus on in game problems. It's not as if they'd restrict you in anyway, it'd just mean that you had a helping hand sometimes. As for not seeing the point of this, it was stated in the first post;
To clear up the forums.
To make current moderators jobs easier.
To me, in no way could this be a hindrance to you guys.
Although obviously, we disagree again.
In theory sure.. it could be helpful. But as it is right now, more mods, even if they are just forum mods, would mean more staff, more people in the crew, more people to take care of, and so on and so forth.
For all the "too-long-did-not-read" : No, it would cause more problems than solving.
How?! I mean, firstly, you wouldn't chose a Forum Moderator who was annoying, incompetent or anything like it.

More people to take care of, I know I'm not a staff member so I can't be sure, but I'd assume that you don't take care of each staff member. Not as in you don't care about them , but they'd be left to go about their own business and job;
Moderating.
It's not like you'd have to feed us and change our nappies :p
Also, numbers wise, I'd say ten forum mods would be sufficient. Compared to the current amount of mods, it's not actually a very large difference.

Staff members have to be attentive both in game and on the forums, otherwise there would be a rift between the two.
As for this, you can still be attentive. As we said before, they aren't trying to steal your job nor would they be trying to take anything away from you. They'd be there for one reason:
To help.

If Chad deemed having Forum Moderators a bad thing, he could revoke the decision. It wouldn't actually be to hard.

I'll be sure to update this when I have the time, but I've spent the past 20 minutes typing so I'll take a break.

One last thing I wanted to say was that don't you think it's fair to give it a chance?
What's wrong with that?
Another thing is that age wise (assuming it was a lower requirement) it gives us a fair shot.

So please, actually consider what I've said.
I'm sorry if I appear harsh or if I annoy anyone, I just have strong views.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
^Ok, I've actually read the post now :p (I just posted that because I saw the long message.) I agree with the trial of forum moderators.

It's not like the vote's to make the decision of forum moderators, but our input is allowed isn't it? After all, we are members of the MCSG community.

Thanks for time put into the post XxGagaxX :)

EDIT: Sorry for the double post!

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
If this gets implemented, how about the mods ask people they think would be a good forum mod if they're interested? These people chosen by the mods would be the Sr. Forum Mods, and they can look at applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci