• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Map Builders get VIP

What do you think?

• Agree, they deserve VIP

Votes: 46 75.4%
  • Disagree, they don't deserve VIP

Votes: 15 24.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
At first I thought it was a good idea because I personally built probably 80% of Fortress Pyke, and would like at least to be builder. But, if the community map makers really want VIP or Builder, they should apply for Vareide or MCSG Builder. The only problem is I don't think they even look at the builder app's anymore. I applied, and haven't gotten a response. And I would apply for Vareide but I'm too busy to spend a lot of time making an amazing build right now.
dont worry they look but just like mod apps the pages are flooded and so it takes time... i am sure you will be noticed soon

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well not VIP, but maybe some other special status like map builder. They make sure all maps aren't getting harassed or saying one sucks and is overplayed. I honestly think that needs to be out to an end. They could also stop the stuff like "vote 1 for diamonds" or "Breeze island is horrible and is overplayed." I honestly think its annoying. Plus if everyone got VIP we would have too many people kicking others and soon enough the chat room would be purple and we would have at least 30 maps built.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well not VIP, but maybe some other special status like map builder. They make sure all maps aren't getting harassed or saying one sucks and is overplayed. I honestly think that needs to be out to an end. They could also stop the stuff like "vote 1 for diamonds" or "Breeze island is horrible and is overplayed." I honestly think its annoying. Plus if everyone got VIP we would have too many people kicking others and soon enough the chat room would be purple and we would have at least 30 maps built.
It would depend on what quality the maps are.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
How are the map creators not "very important people" when they have made a MAP, for the whole MCSG?

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Fins rank on forums is Graphics, he won a competition to be the graphical person for the site. That is why is he VIP. Being a map builder, you chose to put your time into the map, I really don't see why you would deserve VIP. Yeah maybe a Map Builder status would be good but here's what would happen. Your map gets accepted, then Chad would ask who helped build the map, now let's just say the immature side of you comes out and chooses all your friends whom actually did nothing to help create the map. Could you imagine how many times that could be done per map, we could easily have over 100 people with rank Map Builder. There is no way we can prove that any of the people actually helped build the map. Now if we just gave the rank to a design builder. Where would the recognition go to for the helpers of the map.

I am voting no. I also don;t see it happening.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So lets say you put a lot of time at your job that puts you above your coworkers. Wouldn't you expect your boss do award you with something

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
The builders workd very hard in the map, an the only thing they get is a small nametag on the beginning of the game?
Moderators also worked hard, thats the reason they get priority join (and to catch hackers) as recognition.
And what would be the problem giving VIP to them? Does MCSG lose anything giving it to them, as far as I know nothing will happen. So why don't you give them that small pressure as recognition of their hard work...
Mods get priority join and a red name because they applied for it and was accepted. Along with that, having those things are crucial to being a mod. VIP are reserved for people who are actually very important. These people actually change the server dramatically. In addition, they are well trusted by the staff. We can't give VIP or map creator out to people because, one, they chose to build the map knowing they wouldn't get the title and two, they are not trusted. Map creators could constantly spam join servers for fun or to let their friend in. They could also become full of themselves and talk down to everyone else. I'm not saying all map creators are like this but trust is something that in crucial to getting titles. That is why mods and builders have to apply and be interviewed.
The leader should decide what members of the team get the benefit. That way only the biggest helpers are recognized. If someone made like one trap they wouldnt get it
The problem with this is, the lead builder could claim that his friends help and not give credit to anyone else who help. this would cause a lot of drama between the builders and leader.

People are free to express their opinions about which maps they like. Having this would prevent them from saying what they want to say.

How are the map creators not "very important people" when they have made a MAP, for the whole MCSG?
VIP make big changes to the server and are actually very important. Map creators are important as well but they submitted the map so it would be played on the server. Chad has the decision to accept or deny it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci