• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Change the Voting System back.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
This new voting system is amazing, I love playing the under played maps. I dont know some of the maps that well and I get lost and I feel like a noob again its the best feeling :D You get exited when you find a teir 2 and not just running the same boring chest route game after game.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Okay, I'll pardon your rudeness.

Maybe I should've worded it better. Granted, it still makes sense the way I put it. Forumers have played this game a lot more then most of the in-game community. We have seen lots of changes before. And because we have so much more experience with change, we might understand what the people are looking for. We may have a better understanding of what we want.

Also, 1 vote winning against a map with (let's say) 20 votes has a 5% chance of winning. That will only happen 5% of the time. 19/20 out of 20 games. Is that really such an annoyance? It takes at most 5 minutes to find another server with maps you're happy with.
If it actually happened only 5% of the time then yeah, but it seems to happen a lot more than that if you ask me personally and I've seen tonnes of people say the same thing. However, I still disagree with the system because if 1 person voted for one map, it shouldn't even be an option compared to 20 people.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
If it actually happened only 5% of the time then yeah, but it seems to happen a lot more than that if you ask me personally and I've seen tonnes of people say the same thing. However, I still disagree with the system because if 1 person voted for one map, it shouldn't even be an option compared to 20 people.
I feel like it is correct.

Think about it this way. Are you going to screenshot a map winning with a lot of votes? No, right? That's why we have been seeing those screenshots. Just, because it's 'rare'. If it was happening that much, we'd see a lot more of them/complaints.

But also, let's say you're a person who really likes a certain map that's never played. This way, your vote actually counts. You actually have a chance. Not a lot of chances, but a chance.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel like it is correct.

Think about it this way. Are you going to screenshot a map winning with a lot of votes? No, right? That's why we have been seeing those screenshots. Just, because it's 'rare'. If it was happening that much, we'd see a lot more of them/complaints.

But also, let's say you're a person who really likes a certain map that's never played. This way, your vote actually counts. You actually have a chance. Not a lot of chances, but a chance.
I'm saying from personal experience it seems like the maps with 5% or less chance has actually won a lot more than it should. I haven't played much at all in the past week and have seen it happen a fair bit, that explains something.

I just hope they listen to the polls.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
I'm saying from personal experience it seems like the maps with 5% or less chance has actually won a lot more than it should. I haven't played much at all in the past week and have seen it happen a fair bit, that explains something.

I just hope they listen to the polls.
Yesterday, I talked about it with the admins. They liked it.

Again though, do you realize when a map wins with a lot of votes? It's a psychological thing. Because it's rare, when it does happen it feels special. We think about special things more often, right? That's why it feels off.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
I've actually about it with the admins yesterday. They liked it.

Again though, do you realize when a map wins with a lot of votes? It's a psychological thing. Because it's rare, when it does happen it feels special. We think about special things more often, right? That's why it feels off.
I was actually waiting for that comment hence why I included the fact that I've barely played lately and I've seen it a fair bit. Either way it doesn't change the fact that when the map with 5% wins a lot more people are getting disappointed and frustrated. Okay, that one person won their map of choice, awesome for them but why please one person when you can please 23 others. That's my overall point, it's a ridiculous way to look at things. Most people are just saying leave if you don't like it but the fact is, if you don't like playing the 'overplayed' maps then why don't you leave? Why should we leave? The map we wanted was majority voted for, how's it fair that we need to leave after waiting a full lobby time for a map we were certain was going to win? I honestly think it's very unfair.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
I was actually waiting for that comment hence why I included the fact that I've barely played lately and I've seen it a fair bit. Either way it doesn't change the fact that when the map with 5% wins a lot more people are getting disappointed and frustrated. Okay, that one person won their map of choice, awesome for them but why please one person when you can please 23 others. That's my overall point, it's a ridiculous way to look at things. Most people are just saying leave if you don't like it but the fact is, if you don't like playing the 'overplayed' maps then why don't you leave? Why should we leave? The map we wanted was majority voted for, how's it fair that we need to leave after waiting a full lobby time for a map we were certain was going to win? I honestly think it's very unfair.
But again, you're focusing on the 5%. ;) What about the 95% of the time where mostly everyone gets what they want?

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Eh, it seems to be getting taken out anyway looking at the in game polls. Not posting my opinion because I have a little feeling it'll just cause more arguments on this thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci