• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Change the Voting System back.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
The released a poll for this, and I believe the majority want it removed.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
This isn't about the fact of playing different maps anyway, it's about the fact the maps are winning when there's like 1-5% chance of it winning after waiting a whole two minutes of lobby time. The majority of players voted for the map they want yet because one odd person wants some random map, we need to play that? This is unfair to 23 other plays if you ask me.

It's easy to say "just leave", but if there's maps that one person don't like, they're free to leave too.

im_Batman225

Diamond
Reaction score
Your argument of your vote not counting anymore is comepletly invalid. In fact, your vote counts even more now that when you vote, that map might win wheather or not it is an underplayed map. The only thing that could make your vote not count is being a non-donor voting against 7 donors causing your map to have no chance of winning at all, just like what would happen in the old voting system.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Your argument of your vote not counting anymore is comepletly invalid. In fact, your vote counts even more now that when you vote, that map might win wheather or not it is an underplayed map. The only thing that could make your vote not count is being a non-donor voting against 7 donors causing your map to have no chance of winning at all, just like what would happen in the old voting system.
We have donated for that privilege though, that's one of the reasons why some people donate, to get 4 votes so they can play the maps they like. Including myself. That voting system was the best voting system because the most voted map, the one that most people want to play (hence why it's most voted) gets played. That's how it should be.

Regarding Quisey and underplayed maps, I agree they're not exactly underplayed because of the chest routes, it's because they're not generally good for PvP whatsoever if you ask me.

I won't lie, there's maps out there I haven't played and maybe I should give it a chance but this is going to make me give it a chance, it's my choice I don't want to try the map however there's others such as Vida Cova just for an example which really sucks for PvP if you ask me, especially the 'cornucopia' area, it's full of water which just ruins it to me personally.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
The released a poll for this, and I believe the majority want it removed.
The in-game and forum community are famous for always having different opinions. And since the forum community is made up of lots of experienced old-timers, I believe we have a better understanding of what's happening. Again, this is something the forum community asked for.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
We have donated for that privilege though, that's one of the reasons why some people donate, to get 4 votes so they can play the maps they like. Including myself. That voting system was the best voting system because the most voted map, the one that most people want to play (hence why it's most voted) gets played. That's how it should be.

Regarding Quisey and underplayed maps, I agree they're not exactly underplayed because of the chest routes, it's because they're not generally good for PvP whatsoever if you ask me.

I won't lie, there's maps out there I haven't played and maybe I should give it a chance but this is going to make me give it a chance, it's my choice I don't want to try the map however there's others such as Vida Cova just for an example which really sucks for PvP if you ask me, especially the 'cornucopia' area, it's full of water which just ruins it to me personally.
Donators still have that privilege. But now, donators don't dominate, and other players get a chance too.

Apologizes for the double-post. I've failed you HalfSquirrel.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
The in-game and forum community are famous for always having different opinions. And since the forum community is made up of lots of experienced old-timers, I believe we have a better understanding of what's happening. Again, this is something the forum community asked for.
You have a better understanding over what's happening because you've played it for a long time? Lol, that's the most ridiculous statement I've heard. The in-game poll is completed by players who are actually playing. Why did 3k+ say no because as I experienced yet again today, a map with 1 vote won and all you see in the chat is 'WTF' 'NOOOOOOO' 'So and so has left.'

It's ridiculous and just saying, the people who are in-game voting should be slightly more important than those on a forum. They're there playing the game.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
You have a better understanding over what's happening because you've played it for a long time? Lol, that's the most ridiculous statement I've heard. The in-game poll is completed by players who are actually playing. Why did 3k+ say no because as I experienced yet again today, a map with 1 vote won and all you see in the chat is 'WTF' 'NOOOOOOO' 'So and so has left.'

It's ridiculous and just saying, the people who are in-game voting should be slightly more important than those on a forum. They're there playing the game.
Okay, I'll pardon your rudeness.

Maybe I should've worded it better. Granted, it still makes sense the way I put it. Forumers have played this game a lot more then most of the in-game community. We have seen lots of changes before. And because we have so much more experience with change, we might understand what the people are looking for. We may have a better understanding of what we want.

Also, 1 vote winning against a map with (let's say) 20 votes has a 5% chance of winning. That will only happen 5% of the time. 19/20 out of 20 games. Is that really such an annoyance? It takes at most 5 minutes to find another server with maps you're happy with.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay, I'll pardon your rudeness.

Maybe I should've worded it better. Granted, it still makes sense the way I put it. Forumers have played this game a lot more then most of the in-game community. We have seen lots of changes before. And because we have so much more experience with change, we might understand what the people are looking for. We may have a better understanding of what we want.

Also, 1 vote winning against a map with (let's say) 20 votes has a 5% chance of winning. That will only happen 5% of the time. 19/20 out of 20 games. Is that really such an annoyance? It takes at most 5 minutes to find another server with maps you're happy with.
I understand your point, and I agree with it, but I know from experience that most of the community (a large portion of the forum community included) likes to play the map that they want to play. They don't want to play a map that 1 person voted for and isn't their ideal map.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
I understand your point, and I agree with it, but I know from experience that most of the community (a large portion of the forum community included) likes to play the map that they want to play. They don't want to play a map that 1 person voted for and isn't their ideal map.
You being the true forumer here, I'd have to agree. Although, this system makes people's votes worth more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci