• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Change the Voting System back.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
No and to be honest I've started to play a lot less than usual anyway, just figured I'd post my opinion. I'm not 'upset' that my diamond donor doesn't guarantee a game on a map that I like anymore.

and I don't want to play the maps. It's becoming more clear to me that the people who are here to PvP, including myself clearly like the maps with much more flat lands and these are usually the 'overplayed' maps. I know you guys say "PvP isn't that important we just wanna push someone off a cliff". Yes it's 'survival games' as I see a lot as an excuse, but you can't survive if you need to flee and there's no where to run because you have to keep jumping up some cliff where they can still hit you.

I still think this change was not needed because they're pleasing the minority rather than the majority. Sure it seems like you guys have the majority here but go and ask for opinions in-game. Not everyone posts on the forums, hell, I bet most don't even visit this side of the server.

I also see you guys saying if you don't like the map then leave - hell, you can do this too ya'know, so why complain about overplayed maps?

If you ask me the PvP element is the most important factor to MCSG, that's why people play, that's why people get addicted to it.

"If clearly no one wants to play a map then why did one person vote for it? Also, it's fair that this map has a chance of winning, because someone does want to play it. Sure, the map should lose most of the time. But it's unfair to throw out the opinion of one person on the map that should be played solely because they don't agree with everyone else."

I still completely disagree, why should 1 person out of 23 be satisfied, it's completely unfair to the majority. Now, if you say "If you don't like it, then leave" That'd leave one player remaining if all 23 disliked the map, in this case if that 1 person didn't want to play the 'overplayed' map then they have all the rights to leave, that was 23 people are satisfied.
You like PvP a lot? Great! Try KitPvP then! There's no voting there. And just PvP! I'm sure you'll love it!

JacyNinja

Diamond
Reaction score
If they could just fix the format to where each map fit on one line, I'd be fine with it. The OCD is real, and it drives me crazy not being able to see the name of the map on one line...

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
You like PvP a lot? Great! Try KitPvP then! There's no voting there. And just PvP! I'm sure you'll love it!
I like to PvP in Survival Games, that's a major part of the games. It's a lot more challenging than just spawning with full iron. So don't be too sure I'd love it.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel that the poll is very unnecessary. This was the best addition next to the hub that they ever added. Of course that this idea is going to lose because they are not used to playing different maps but all of the people who played in MCSG v1 loved it.

I know that a lot of map makers don't make maps because they are afraid that they will be rejected. And the people that don't worry about being rejected are afraid of being a map that doesn't matter. Because everyone is used to Valley Side and Holiday Resort, their map really won't matter.

Some people just play 3 maps. Grind wins off of them. Like srsly get gud m8.

Take off the poll because it will definitely lose ;( Keep it on for the better good, if it is remotely close, I think that their is enough people that is should be kept on.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
I feel that the poll is very unnecessary. This was the best addition next to the hub that they ever added. Of course that this idea is going to lose because they are not used to playing different maps but all of the people who played in MCSG v1 loved it.

I know that a lot of map makers don't make maps because they are afraid that they will be rejected. And the people that don't worry about being rejected are afraid of being a map that doesn't matter. Because everyone is used to Valley Side and Holiday Resort, their map really won't matter.

Some people just play 3 maps. Grind wins off of them. Like srsly get gud m8.

Take off the poll because it will definitely lose ;( Keep it on for the better good, if it is remotely close, I think that their is enough people that is should be kept on.
I'll give it to you, you made me lol

"Like srsly get gud m8."

because playing different maps make you better or worse lol

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
I'll give it to you, you made me lol

"Like srsly get gud m8."

because playing different maps make you better or worse lol
If you are going to play only two maps, that is really nooby and completely ruins the point of the other maps. It is not that hard to memorize a decent chest route and it takes skill to win on something that you are not used to. There is reason in football that you get an advantage when you play at home field. You are used to it. So why not balance it out by having the small chance that we are away.

It really does not matter. Most of the time the popular maps will still be played. Some people are just mad that they can't win because of chest routes. Sometimes you need to win because of skill.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
If you are going to play only two maps, that is really nooby and completely ruins the point of the other maps. It is not that hard to memorize a decent chest route and it takes skill to win on something that you are not used to. There is reason in football that you get an advantage when you play at home field. You are used to it. So why not balance it out by having the small chance that we are away.

It really does not matter. Most of the time the popular maps will still be played. Some people are just mad that they can't win because of chest routes. Sometimes you need to win because of skill.
Yeah it's really 'nooby' to play a map you like... You statement is completely wrong, 'it takes skill to win on something you are not used to'. Let's just say luck would be a huge factor of this.

Knowing your layout of a map helps too, knowing the layout and how to use the layout to your advantage is skill. Not just playing on a new map.

"Some people are just mad that they can't win because of chest routes." Don't assume everyone is like you are here.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah it's really 'nooby' to play a map you like... You statement is completely wrong, 'it takes skill to win on something you are not used to'. Let's just say luck would be a huge factor of this.

Knowing your layout of a map helps too, knowing the layout and how to use the layout to your advantage is skill. Not just playing on a new map.

"Some people are just mad that they can't win because of chest routes." Don't assume everyone is like you are here.
Huge? Not really. Sure it takes some luck to find chests, but a lot of maps are like the other. If you see a building, it takes no "luck" to know that there is a chest in there.

And saying "Don't assume everyone is like you are here" Is a huge under statement. Have you seen the polls lately?

Also saying again that skill has almost no factor, luck does on a different map.
Watch Huahwi Just do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci