• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Change the Voting System back.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
So what's your point? I use the maps I like to play to my advantage.

-_-
Eugh..
It can be quite a challenge to do it if you don't have a lot of information about the map, so you'll most likely think differently.
Let's just drop this I guess.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Eugh..
It can be quite a challenge to do it if you don't have a lot of information about the map, so you'll most likely think differently.
Let's just drop this I guess.
What he is trying to say is that doing a route over and over and over is kind of op. They wan't us to play maps that we don't always play on so that we don't play Valleyside, or Holiday Resort with the same Over Powered Route. Having a chance that we don't play on the top voted map is slim to nothing. So it rarely does affect anything.

When people say "Oh, the person that votes once for 1 percent gets the map"
Well, statistically that is incorrect. If that happens, once every 100 games will be played that person that votes on one map.

So what's your point? I use the maps I like to play to my advantage.

-_-
This whole time. You say the same thing. "I wan't to play maps that I know so I have an advantage." Same thing over and over.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
What he is trying to say is that doing a route over and over and over is kind of op. They wan't us to play maps that we don't always play on so that we don't play Valleyside, or Holiday Resort with the same Over Powered Route. Having a chance that we don't play on the top voted map is slim to nothing. So it rarely does affect anything.

When people say "Oh, the person that votes once for 1 percent gets the map"
Well, statistically that is incorrect. If that happens, once every 100 games will be played that person that votes on one map.

This whole time. You say the same thing. "I wan't to play maps that I know so I have an advantage." Same thing over and over.
To the first comment: That's the whole point in the voting system so we choose what maps to play.

To the second comment, It's my choice what maps I want to play, I like the maps I play hence why I play them. chockadlad states that I should use the new maps layouts to my advantage, what I'm responding with, I do, just on the maps I like to play.

You guys are missing the whole point here, I don't want to play the other maps I dislike because of one vote. This is disappointing the majority if you ask me.

Stop telling me to "Try new maps." or "It takes skill to play a new map". The answer is just no, your skill is still the same regardless of the map yes, maybe you'll need a bit different tactics but why play a map full of cliffs and mountains or full of water, where's the fun in that? You can't run if you're low, so you can't defend yourself, how do you survive there? Enough about the maps anyway, it's about the voting system and how it's working not whether I like to play a map or not. Whether I want to give it a chance or not, that's MY CHOICE. I don't need to be forced to play it which is how I feel this voting system is going.

With the overpowered chest routes excuse, everyone can have the same chest route, it's nothing to do with me being comfortable with an 'op' chestroute. Do you get this? I like the maps I choose to play, if that map has been voted by the majority I expect to play that map, that's how voting should work.

This is where the next comment says "If you don't like it then leave?" Whereas my response is, Why should I leave? I waited a whole lobby time waiting for the map with most votes then suddenly a map I hate comes in. How is that fair?

If you want to play 'underplayed' maps then go find your lobby with them maps, I've seen some with 5 voting options I don't wish to play so surely that's perfect for you guys.

This is not about PLAYING MAPS, it's about being forced to play them even if they have ONE vote whereas the MAJORITY are getting angry and disappointed.

Quisey21

Experienced
Reaction score
To the first comment: That's the whole point in the voting system so we choose what maps to play.

To the second comment, It's my choice what maps I want to play, I like the maps I play hence why I play them. chockadlad states that I should use the new maps layouts to my advantage, what I'm responding with, I do, just on the maps I like to play.

You guys are missing the whole point here, I don't want to play the other maps I dislike because of one vote. This is disappointing the majority if you ask me.

Stop telling me to "Try new maps." or "It takes skill to play a new map". The answer is just no, your skill is still the same regardless of the map yes, maybe you'll need a bit different tactics but why play a map full of cliffs and mountains or full of water, where's the fun in that? You can't run if you're low, so you can't defend yourself, how do you survive there? Enough about the maps anyway, it's about the voting system and how it's working not whether I like to play a map or not. Whether I want to give it a chance or not, that's MY CHOICE. I don't need to be forced to play it which is how I feel this voting system is going.

With the overpowered chest routes excuse, everyone can have the same chest route, it's nothing to do with me being comfortable with an 'op' chestroute. Do you get this? I like the maps I choose to play, if that map has been voted by the majority I expect to play that map, that's how voting should work.

This is where the next comment says "If you don't like it then leave?" Whereas my response is, Why should I leave? I waited a whole lobby time waiting for the map with most votes then suddenly a map I hate comes in. How is that fair?

If you want to play 'underplayed' maps then go find your lobby with them maps, I've seen some with 5 voting options I don't wish to play so surely that's perfect for you guys.

This is not about PLAYING MAPS, it's about being forced to play them even if they have ONE vote whereas the MAJORITY are getting angry and disappointed.
I agree with this 100%.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score

You are getting on my nerves. The community is not about you, it is about the community. People made maps. So many good maps and they wan't all of the maps to be played. If the map that is play isn't in your're liking, simply leave the game.

Quisey21

Experienced
Reaction score
You are getting on my nerves. The community is not about you, it is about the community. People made maps. So many good maps and they wan't all of the maps to be played. If the map that is play isn't in your're liking, simply leave the game.
He isn't making it about him.. its the general ingame people who don't like it.. The "forum" community is not the final dictator of what goes on in MCS games, I've seen a lot of them quit, etc. Most people who actually played in game, as you can see from the poll, don't want this to happen. So why change it if people who actaully play DONT want it changed, and not someone who stays on the MCSG forums for a lot of the day make this change for the actual people who play.

xEpikEricx

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok, I don't know if this was said yet, I don't have the time to sit and read though everything. So if the map you didn't want to play or don't like gets pick, There is a very simple and easy to use command its called /hub, and after that you can easily join a different lobby!

Quisey21

Experienced
Reaction score
This isn't about the fact of playing different maps anyway, it's about the fact the maps are winning when there's like 1-5% chance of it winning after waiting a whole two minutes of lobby time. The majority of players voted for the map they want yet because one odd person wants some random map, we need to play that? This is unfair to 23 other plays if you ask me.

It's easy to say "just leave", but if there's maps that one person don't like, they're free to leave too.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok, I don't know if this was said yet, I don't have the time to sit and read though everything. So if the map you didn't want to play or don't like gets pick, There is a very simple and easy to use command its called /hub, and after that you can easily join a different lobby!
But... it's 3 whole min. D:

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind this voting system if it actually worked properly.. I can't tell you how often it happens that a map is winning like 90% to 10% and the 10% map wins. It seems like the map with the 2nd most votes.. wins majority of the time.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
He isn't making it about him.. its the general ingame people who don't like it.. The "forum" community is not the final dictator of what goes on in MCS games, I've seen a lot of them quit, etc. Most people who actually played in game, as you can see from the poll, don't want this to happen. So why change it if people who actaully play DONT want it changed, and not someone who stays on the MCSG forums for a lot of the day make this change for the actual people who play.
Thank you, this isn't just about me as you said, when the map wins all I see is huge complaints like WTFFFF just for example and a lot of people leaving.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci