• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A little rant, in my point of view.

Do you agree with my opinion?

• I agree with your opinion and feel the same way about this community.

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • I disagree with your opinion and feel otherwise about this community.

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My comment had nothing to do with the mods. I said if you don't like this server, don't be on it.
Believe me, I love this server, if I didn't like this server, then I wouldn't be here right now. This server has an amazing substantial plugin and is beyond fun, but the only flaw to me is some of the moderators activeness.

A

arnavm20

Believe me, I love this server, if I didn't like this server, then I wouldn't be here right now. This server has an amazing substantial plugin and is beyond fun, but the only flaw to me is some of the moderators activeness.
The moderator part is true. It really is, but whenever a mod answers they say they are doing as much as they can. There is really nothing we can do. They have addressed this so many times.

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with the majority of the thread, except the part which called Senior Staff lazy, but we'll forget about that.
I once poked 8 mods, only to find the mod that actually answered left the game. I don't like the way lots of the Mods do their jobs, if they go AFK on TS they should probably put [AFK] next to their names. I also don't really agree with the promotion of a certain trial mod, but hey, what can I do?

The mods just need to start doing their job instead of doing it for the glamour in my opinion.

Reaction score
I agree with the majority of the thread, except the part which called Senior Staff lazy, but we'll forget about that.
I once poked 8 mods, only to find the mod that actually answered left the game. I don't like the way lots of the Mods do their jobs, if they go AFK on TS they should probably put [AFK] next to their names. I also don't really agree with the promotion of a certain trial mod, but hey, what can I do?

The mods just need to start doing their job instead of doing it for the glamour in my opinion.
When did I talk about Senior Mods being lazy? I don't recall that being in the thread, can you please quote it?

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score

If any of the upper-staff of MCSG have noticed this type of behavior within its members, then why don't they do something? Why don't they do something, well, as it has been stated, MCSG has become "lazy".
When did I talk about Senior Mods being lazy? I don't recall that being in the thread, can you please quote it?

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
One of the reasons I think some players have some not-so-great feelings about the staff, is the fact that often times, the staff are extremely quick to simply shoot down suggestions that they might be doing something incorrectly.

It stinks to be criticized, called 'lazy', etc. and I fully understand why people may be so quick to shoot it down, but I think it would greatly help everyone involved if everyone was to read it, consider it, and put into action what people suggest.

For example, when someone criticizes something, for example responding to hacker pokes, and they are met with a reply that says something along the lines of "No, the moderators do reply! I've seen it!" both people are met with a real conundrum. The 'antaganist' (person with the negative opinion on the situation) has had negative experiences with this, and knows about it first-hand, hence sharing their opinion. The 'protagonist' (person with the positive opinion) has not experienced a moderator not replying to a poke, and thinks they surely must always reply from past experience. Neither of the two have experienced much of, or any of what the other person is referencing, making it hard to get anywhere.

Just because you didn't see it happen, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

This goes for both sides. Just because you don't see a moderator doing work, doesn't mean they aren't, and just because a staff member didn't see another staff member act out doesn't mean they didn't.

It is so incredibly hard to have a proper discussion with someone who hasn't experienced what you have. For example, you can tell someone all you want that you saw a pink cow, but if they haven't seen it themselves, the odds are, they will not believe you.

Something else to add, is the fact shooting down criticism so quickly takes no benefit from said criticism. There are so many of these threads, and complaints nowadays that most of the staff members have got to be starting to think "Oh, great, another one of these" rather than thinking "I wonder what we can fix!". It is literally impossible to please this entire community.

Instead of immediately digging into your arsenal of comebacks, take a second and read what they said. This goes for both sides, once again. Staff- consider what they're saying instead of immediately supposing the idea, and saying that it "never happened" or "could never happen". Players- exact same thing. Consider what they've said, instead of immediately writing it off as a load of baloney.

I bet that even if the staff was absolutely perfect, and not a single staff member ever stepped out of line, people would complain and say they "needed to loosen up a bit", or "have some fun".

Something else I've seen brought up by someone (I think it was mooclan) was that you can't expect moderators too be perfect, and that everyone needs to start somewhere. I agree- nobody is perfect, and everyone starts somewhere, but that place to start shouldn't be a staff position.

I remember, and still occasionally read for a good laugh, my old moderator applications. One of the first things I did was apply for moderator. My grammar, was awful, and I really had no reason to be a moderator, granted I just joined the forums. While this isn't most likely the case of any moderators, I thought I could start as a moderator, and figure it out as I went.

There is a lot more to moderating than meets the eye- clearly not my eye at that point :p While we can't expect moderators to know everything, do everything- and do it perfectly, we should expect them to know the ramifications of their job, and how to do their job. It shouldn't be an excuse to say new moderators are still 'learning' when they fail to do something, because while they may be learning commands, and details, they should already know what it is they need to do, just maybe not exactly how.

In the end, I think there comes a point where you have to let it go. Thing is, the way other people do their job shouldn't be your problem unless you're their boss. Don't take it upon yourself to be the single person to make change- because you can't (learned this lesson the hard way). Just have fun and play the game, and let everything else work itself out.

Dying to a hacker that you poked a mod about, but got no response? Let a higher staff member know, and let it go. You've done your part in reporting that staff member, and there is nothing else you can do, so let it go. It's in the hands of the higher staff, and if they don't do anything, so be it. You know not to poke them next time.

Life is not an inspirational tumblr quote. You can't fix everything, and one person can't always make a huge difference.

Don't take it upon yourself to be the batman to this "Gotham city".

The only thing you're doing in obsessing over "bad" staff members, or staff members obsessing over "bad players" is ruining your fun.

If we could all just relax, and play the game like it was meant to be played, I bet it'd be a hell of a lot of fun.

Well, that's basically it for my point of view. Thanks for reading that lengthy post XD

TL;DR- read it, you goon

Last edited:

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
One of the reasons I think some players have some not-so-great feelings about the staff, is the fact that often times, the staff are extremely quick to simply shoot down suggestions that they might be doing something incorrectly.

It stinks to be criticized, called 'lazy', etc. and I fully understand why people may be so quick to shoot it down, but I think it would greatly help everyone involved if everyone was to read it, consider it, and put into action what people suggest.

Just because you didn't see it happen, doesn't mean it didn't happe

This goes for both sides. Just because you don't see a moderator doing work, doesn't mean they aren't, and just because a staff member didn't see another staff member act out doesn't mean they didn't.

It is so incredibly hard to have a proper discussion with someone who hasn't experienced what you have. For example, you can tell someone all you want that you saw a pink cow, but if they haven't seen it themselves, the odds are, they will not believe you.

Something else to add, is the fact shooting down criticism so quickly takes no benefit from said criticism. There are so many of these threads, and complaints nowadays that most of the staff members have got to be starting to think "Oh, great, another one of these" rather than thinking "I wonder what we can fix!". It is literally impossible to please this entire community.

For example, when someone criticizes something, for example responding to hacker pokes, and they are met with a reply that says something along the lines of "No, the moderators do reply! I've seen it!" both people are met with a real conundrum. The 'antaganist' (person with the negative opinion on the situation) has had negative experiences with this, and knows about it first-hand, hence sharing their opinion. The 'protagonist' (person with the positive opinion) has not experienced a moderator not replying to a poke, and thinks they surely must always reply from past experience. Neither of the two have experienced much of, or any of what the other person is referencing, making it hard to get anywhere.

I bet that even if the staff was absolutely perfect, and not a single staff member ever stepped out of line, people would complain and say they "needed to loosen up a bit", or "have some fun".

Something else I've seen brought up by someone (I think it was mooclan) was that you can't expect moderators too be perfect, and that everyone needs to start somewhere. I agree- nobody is perfect, and everyone starts somewhere, but that place to start shouldn't be a staff position.

I remember, and still occasionally read for a good laugh, my old moderator applications. One of the first things I did was apply for moderator. My grammar, was awful, and I really had no reason to be a moderator, granted I just joined the forums. While this isn't most likely the case of any moderators, I thought I could start as a moderator, and figure it out as I went.

There is a lot more to moderating than meets the eye- clearly not my eye at that point :p While we can't expect moderators to know everything, do everything- and do it perfectly, we should expect them to know the ramifications of their job, and how to do their job. It shouldn't be an excuse to say new moderators are still 'learning' when they fail to do something, because while they may be learning commands, and details, they should already know what it is they need to do, just maybe not exactly how.

In the end, I think there comes a point where you have to let it go. Thing is, the way other people do their job shouldn't be your problem unless you're their boss. Don't take it upon yourself to be the single person to make change- because you can't (learned this lesson the hard way). Just have fun and play the game, and let everything else work itself out.

Dying to a hacker that you poked a mod about, but got no response? Let a higher staff member know, and let it go. You've done your part in reporting that staff member, and there is nothing else you can do, so let it go. It's in the hands of the higher staff, and if they don't do anything, so be it. You know not to poke them next time.

Life is not an inspirational tumblr quote. You can't fix everything, and one person can't always make a huge difference.

Don't take it upon yourself to be the batman to this "Gotham city".

The only thing you're doing in obsessing over "bad" staff members, or staff members obsessing over "bad players" is ruining your fun.

If we could all just relax, and play the game like it was meant to be played, I bet it'd be a hell of a lot of fun.

Well, that's basically it for my point of view. Thanks for reading that lengthy post XD

TL;DR- read it, you goon
All hail Lord Duck. Supreme at long posts.

Kennyrulez

Diamond
Reaction score
Here is an idea, why not make a thread being really kind to all the Staff that are doing well as opposed to that less than 5% of the staff who are not doing so well.
I'm gona do this right now, just for you jam :)

Mango

Mega Nonce.
Reaction score
Yet another thread packed with complaints and superficial statements. This is annoying to watch. Yes, it can be frustrating to poke a mod and for them not to reply. But no, this does not justify coming on here to complain about it. You said your friend poked a mod in the nearest channel? Okay, I'm going to take this quite literally here. Correct me if I'm wrong with any part of this.

Okay. So you hop into the team speak and the channel you initially end up in is the 'main hall' (or whatever they call it now). This is all from memory, but wouldn't the closest channel to this be either the AFK room or some sort of channel dedicated to people who are busy or otherwise engaged? Maybe he poked a staff member in there, accidentally disregarding the name of the channel? Easy mistake to make if you ask me.

Here is an idea, why not make a thread being really kind to all the Staff that are doing well as opposed to that less than 5% of the staff who are not doing so well.
Either way, I see this as a good suggestion. Always look on the bright side of life, and everything like that. :)

Again, as I'm posting this it's 2:53 in the morning so forgive any mistake I make here. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci